Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bandwidth Restriction Problem

Options
  • 24-11-2007 9:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I live in a university halls of residence. The uni has a 100mb line so the connection was really fast in my room. But unfortunately the uni has restricted the bandwidth in the halls of residence to a 10mb line because students were using too much bandwidth and causing problems for the uni. Now I cant even have a conversation on skype or browse web pages because the line is so slow. Now i think other students have found a way around this bandwidth restriction .. and my question is do ye guys have any advice on how I could find a way around it?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 458 ✭✭SubjectSean

Hey don't you know that students like you were using too much bandwidth and causing problems for the uni? Oh the joy it must be, campus IT

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

Hey don't you know that students like you were using too much bandwidth and causing problems for the uni? Oh the joy it must be, campus IT

Not downloading or causing problems .. just a victim of other peoples bad habits.

Advertisement