Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hulk Hogan And Linda Getting Divorced

• 24-11-2007 10:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

F
    Divorce news latest blow for Hogan

It’s been a rough few months for Hulk Hogan. In August, his 17-year-old son Nick was in a car crash that left his passenger seriously injured, leading to Nick being charged with reckless driving. Then the news broke last night that Hogan’s wife, Linda Bollea, filed for divorce after 23 years of marriage.

I haven’t written about Nick’s accident and legal problems because I really didn’t think it had anything to do with wrestling. My first reaction was to not write about last night’s news either, but Hogan is perhaps the most famous wrestler of all-time and his marital problems actually could impact the wrestling business.

Like his old rival Ric Flair, Hogan, 54, potentially could end up losing half his fortune in the divorce, which might lead him back to wrestling in search of another big payday. Hopefully he won’t lose the rights to his wrestling name in the divorce settlement like Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat did.

Reports that the Hogans were having marital problems have been in gossip columns and on celebrity Web sites for a while, and the possibility of a split was the focal point of the past season of Hogan Knows Best, the VH1 reality series.

Most wrestling observers believed the marital strife on the show was scripted, or to use wrestling vernacular, a “work,” but maybe it was real after all. Or, perhaps the Hogans have joined other married couples in the wrestling business who separated in real life after acting out scripted marital problems in a story line. That list includes Steve and Debra McMichael, Kevin and Nancy Sullivan, Marc and Rena “Sable” Mero and Diamond Dallas Page and Kimberly.

Just type Hogan Into Google news to see more articles

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Wow, from watching Hogan Knows Best they actually come across as being in a strong relationship/family.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

How much is Hulk Hogan worth?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭john concannon

According to reports from the american media(which means it will probably turn out to be false) linda didnt even tell hulkster she was filing for divorce.
    Hogan knows best was obviously staged so I personally would not make anything out of the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Maybe this makes Hogan Flair a reality for WM XXIV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Hogan Dont Know Jack!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,815 ✭✭✭Charlie

I friggin hate that family.

Everything about them pisses me off.

From how little Brookie's singing carear is shoved down your neck (face facts, shes a failure), to the fact that Hogan trys to control his daughter to a ridiculous degree, yet seems to sex her up in order to sell records.

However, the icing on the cake was the fact that they let their jerkoff son still drive after numerous counts of reckless speeding, until he really fcuks up and nearly kills his best friend, only for a video to come out of Linda and Brooke street racing and braggin about dodgin the cops and speedin between other cars.

I hope this means Hogan has to go back to work and actually job to a few guys in order to pay the bills. I'd mark silly to see flair get a clean win over him at mania with the figure 4.

There rant over.

Hell no! Flair locks in the figure four only for NWO to break it up and have Hogan steal the win to reveal the new stable, NWOAP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

I actually Heard this on 2fm news FYI

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

anyone believe this is a swerve to get the media off little nicky's back for a while :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

this is probably a work since the series was based around them having marital issues,him showing up at some wwe event is pretty much a given now since if the divorce does go through he'll give away half if not more of everything he owns so he'll need the payday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

I think its sad. Hogan was one of the few top guys that made it big but number one, saved his money and two seemed to have a very stable home life (relative to what wrestling is like).

2007 hasn't been a good year for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭HorseRadish

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Hell no! Flair locks in the figure four only for NWO to break it up and have Hogan steal the win to reveal the new stable, NWOAP

I had to laugh at that! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭Dean820

Who cares. The Hogans are only assholes anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭The Bull

Pigman II wrote: »
    How much is Hulk Hogan worth?

lo0oks like his plans for his own wrestleing company/camp could take a huge financial hit

Hulk Hogan's estranged wife Linda is seeking half of the couple's $9.5m (€6.4m) in assets, including a share of the value of their Bel Air mansion according to reports.

Yesterday, it was reported that the wife of the wrestler and reality TV star, whose real name is Terry Bollea, has filed for divorce.

In her divorce filing Mrs Bollea, who appeared with her husband and their children in reality series 'Hogan Knows Best', calls the 24-year marriage "irretrievably broken," the St Petersburg Times reports.

AdvertisementCiting the divorce petition filed in Florida's Pinellas Pasco Circuit Court, the newspaper says the 46-year-old wants to share parental responsibility for their son Nick, 17, with whom she hopes to live with while her husband has "liberal" visitation rights.

The couple's eldest child, daughter Brooke Hogan, 19, is not legally subject to child support requirements.

Linda is also seeking to split the couple's assets, which include the 17,000-square-foot Bel Air mansion where the family primarily live and a 3,474-square-foot home in Clearwater Beach, Florida, as well as a condo under construction in Las Vegas.

The two existing homes alone are worth nearly $9.5m (€6.4m), the petition says.

The Bull wrote: »
    the newspaper says the 46-year-old wants to share parental responsibility for their son Nick, 17, with whom she hopes to live with while her husband has "liberal" visitation rights.

Who would want the parental responsibility rights of that little Prick.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

robdcu wrote: »
    F
    Divorce news latest blow for Hogan
    Hopefully he won’t lose the rights to his wrestling name in the divorce settlement like Ricky “The Dragon” Steamboat did.

I heard that before about Steamboat, can't understand why a judge would allow it, it's just downright malicious.This means not only can he not appear under his famous name on WWE TV (I heard he was the first pick to replace Piper on Flair's legends team at last year's Survivor Series before they had to settle on Ron Simmons, what a story that would have been if he had given the history between him and Flair), but it also means he can't be inducted into the hall of fame under that name 9How do they get aorund not mentioned his name?).I can undertand the wife not wanting him to make money off potential dvd releases by WWE using the name, but surely she'd get a cut of the profits anyway.Just stupid.

from TMZ Website:
    Hulk Hogan and wife Linda have been separated for some time now, and the couple even filmed part of their last season of "Hogan Knows Best" while apart.

TMZ has learned that Mr. and Mrs. Hulkster have been on the outs since June, and that the divorce filing was not a surprise to the Hogans or people who know the couple. Sources tell TMZ that the couple even filmed part of their reality TV show "Hogan Knows Best" when they were separated. This was a source of problems for production, because they had to play nice while filming scenes together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Well there's a lesson - don't do a reality show on MTV. Your marraige will be screwed. Except for Ozzy. But then he did try to murder Sharon and if that doesn't **** your marraige, nothing will.

Hulk is in his fifties now with all sorts of spare parts inside him. Would he really get back in the ring?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

seamus wrote: »
    Hulk is in his fifties now with all sorts of spare parts inside him. Would he really get back in the ring?

Of course he would, he's got an ego the size of the moon. Hopefully Linda can take half of that too

I don't know where Hogan is getting all this stick from. It seems to me like he's a generally nice guy who would do absolutely anything for his kids and say what you want about him being 50+, he's still in great shape.

Is still don't understand how people can say that Flair should be allowed to bow out as champion and then say that Hogan should stay the hell away from the ring. Any technichal ability that Flair had has long since dissapeared and he looks terrible. At least when Hogan beats a young superstar, it's not unfathomable whereas when Flair does it it should have everyone agog.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Fozzy wrote: »
    Of course he would, he's got an ego the size of the moon. Hopefully Linda can take half of that too

Nothing can be taken seriously on their show but anytime I've seen it, she comes across as having a bigger ego than Hogan.

I don't know where Hogan is getting all this stick from. It seems to me like he's a generally nice guy who would do absolutely anything for his kids and say what you want about him being 50+, he's still in great shape.

Hogan believes that he deserves more money and a bigger push than the younger wrestlers currently in WWE. He deserves stick for that. I'm not sure about him being in great shape, my da's the same age as him and he still cycles to work and plays football every week with guys of a similar age. I can't imagine Hogan's body holding up under that kind of exertion, he finds it hard enough to walk as it is
    Is still don't understand how people can say that Flair should be allowed to bow out as champion and then say that Hogan should stay the hell away from the ring. Any technichal ability that Flair had has long since dissapeared and he looks terrible. At least when Hogan beats a young superstar, it's not unfathomable whereas when Flair does it it should have everyone agog.

Flair doesn't think that he should be the top guy in the company and he's been willing to put younger guys over. Flair understands that he can lose to guys and he'll still be Flair
    Nothing can be taken seriously on their show but anytime I've seen it, she comes across as having a bigger ego than Hogan.

Her ego can't affect my enjoyment of wrestling, but his can. Though Vince is going to have the upper hand if Hogan does decide that he wants back in, so it probably won't be as bad as the last few times if he comes back

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭merlinsmerryman

Though Vince is going to have the upper hand if Hogan does decide that he wants back in, so it probably won't be as bad as the last few times if he comes back

Hogan V Austin? With Hogan doing the job?:rolleyes:

Hogan believes that he deserves more money and a bigger push than the younger wrestlers currently in WWE. He deserves stick for that. I'm not sure about him being in great shape, my da's the same age as him and he still cycles to work and plays football every week with guys of a similar age. I can't imagine Hogan's body holding up under that kind of exertion, he finds it hard enough to walk as it is

The reason Hogan thinks he deserves more money is because he does deserve more money. If he came back he would make the company alot of money. Jericho coming back doesn't effect ratings but Hogan certainly would. And no offense to your dad but if he looks as good as Hogan does I'd be willing to lie down for an "atomic leg drop of doom"

The reason Hogan thinks he deserves more money is because he does deserve more money. If he came back he would make the company alot of money. Jericho coming back doesn't effect ratings but Hogan certainly would. And no offense to your dad but if he looks as good as Hogan does I'd be willing to lie down for an "atomic leg drop of doom"

What's the use in looking good if you're not able to do simple things that most of us take for granted like walking up a stairs? Hogan does not deserve more money for one night than the guys who are on the road every week. Hogan might make WWE some money but he'll also cost them future money if he goes around pinning younger guys. Him beating Orton last year was a disgrace. Same when he bet Shawn. Shawn only agreed to it because he'd get a rematch to win, but Hogan obviously has no such plans. If Hogan came back with the same attitude as before then it would be the exact same situation as TNA are in right now with Nash and Hall in the main event spots. I'm certain that Vince won't let that happen though

As for Austin vs Hogan, I doubt it. Austin's said in interviews that he's accepted that he won't be wrestling again. He's also said that with Hogan it's as if he can't live with the fact that Austin might have been a bigger star than him. The match doesn't appeal to Austin and I don't think it matters to him whether he's winning or losing it, he just doesn't think it'd be the right thing to do now

What's the use in looking good if you're not able to do simple things that most of us take for granted like walking up a stairs? Hogan does not deserve more money for one night than the guys who are on the road every week. Hogan might make WWE some money but he'll also cost them future money if he goes around pinning younger guys. Him beating Orton last year was a disgrace. Same when he bet Shawn. Shawn only agreed to it because he'd get a rematch to win, but Hogan obviously has no such plans. If Hogan came back with the same attitude as before then it would be the exact same situation as TNA are in right now with Nash and Hall in the main event spots. I'm certain that Vince won't let that happen though

I really think you're overstating just how bad his physique is but you do have a point about him not laying down for guys but I think alot of that is based around a just fear that laying down for Randt would hurt Hulkamania, which it would. He lost to the Rock and it would surprise me if Vince told him to lose to HBK and he refused but you're the expert. In fairness to Hogan though, he does give people major pushes by working in tag matches with them. He did it for Edge during his last proper stint in the WWE and it worked

This is a Work. Hogan Knows best the reunion !! They will probably try make it PPV .

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 24,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

looks like it could all be a work, loose a quarter of everything rather that half

http://www.sptimes.com/2007/11/27/Hillsborough/Lawyer__Is_Bollea_div.shtml

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

It seems to be turning out that it is a louda' Bovvienscatoligy. After the young man that was in the car with Nick when he crashed registered a civil suit for his serious injuries, the Hogan's (Bollea's) 100,000,000,000 etturnies were always gonna look for a way to get out of it. Then a unbelievable reuniting between them comes out of nowhere and they live happily ever after... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

I wanna do Brooke Hogan.
    While I'm doing her, I'm gonna shake her shoulders.
    Then I'm gonna start shouting in the Macho Man's voice and finish off with Flair's "WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Oswald Osbourne

Terry wrote: »
    I wanna do Brooke Hogan.
    Then I'm gonna start shouting in the Macho Man's voice and finish off with Flair's "WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

I'd be more "Brooke, you've said your Prayers now take your Vitamins."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

I'd be more "Brooke, you've said your Prayers now take your Vitamins."

Too sweeeeeeeeet!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

My chat up line would definitely be "Hey, Yo!"

Terry wrote: »
    I wanna do Brooke Hogan.

I personally would just enjoy my time with Brooke and when leaving bump into the Hulkster and shout " Yo Brother, I just ****ed your daughter Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo. Give me a Hell Yeah"
    Then do Hulkster's rotating hand to ear thing for a crowd reaction right infront of him

Advertisement