Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to get ur extra email address on ntl/upc

Options
  • 24-11-2007 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi all,

Does any one know were to go to get ur extra email address's with ntl/upcmail.ie

Thanks
    Charles

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

to be honest I'd recommend you get a gmail account

(yes I know it doesn't answer your question ... so feel free to delete mod)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Do what forbairt said and get an email address that isn't ISP dependant. That way you can change ISPs without fear of losing your email address :)

Not sure on your actual question, could customer care not help?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,739 ✭✭✭nava

Hi all,

Does any one know were to go to get ur extra email address's with ntl/upcmail.ie

Thanks
    Charles

Hi

used to be done from ntlworld.ie but that website is not working now, not sure if it's down but probably it changed as the name is now UPC.

Also recommend using other provider like gmail.

Regards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,679 ✭✭✭Freddie59

Hi all,

Thanks
    Charles

Probably best alright. Anyone here having problems with Gmail through Outlook Express? Hangs for ages. Sticks on 'securing'.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

At the moment with my gmail account I've got 5gbs on it ...

It allows you to use imap / pop to connect to it ..

What some people don't like .. is the lack of folders as such in it but once you get used to labels ... its quite simple to use.

Personally I don't think the ntl / eircom / whatever email addresses look very professional and as was said if you move provider you lose your email address. With a gmail address you've got it till google goes bankrupt :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement