Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pub Memories

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Magnum

I remember going into Noel Edwards with my Dad, at the top of Thomas street.
    Also A very old pub called Hogans ,which was in Fox,s Bow.
    Also Flannereys on William Street.

All in the late Seventies.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Feathery Burkes, another great place for getting into underage, and even better all the drinks were £1.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

I remember going to Mastersons on Roches Street to watch matches with my dad in the early 90s...It's some sort of clothes shop now. They had a fire which always seemed to have some aul' fellas dog strewn down in front of it while he was drinking.

My time was the mid 00s though...the Market what a ****hole full of every type of scumbag and druggie, but everone went there cos it was the easiest place for the underage friends to get in to. I remember at our school grads the fire escape wsa belted open and about 25 people ran in:D:D

The there was PJs....loved the place...the Knock Shrine Shop is all well and good, but was it really necessary to put it there!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,723 ✭✭✭oleras

MonsieurD wrote: »
    Gulliver's - I remember the name but can't for the life of me place this pub. Help - I can't remember loads of the 80's!

Gullivers used to be overhead where the texas steak out is now.

Magnum wrote: »
    I remember going into Noel Edwards with my Dad, at the top of Thomas street.
    Also A very old pub called Hogans ,which was in Fox,s Bow.
    Also Flannereys on William Street.

All in the late Seventies.

The Noel Edward was a staple of my late fathers, many a saturday was spent there while my Mam was doing the shopping, I remember having my communion afternoon there, no big fancy sit down meals back then ! He also frequented The Nicholas Brothers on upr gearld griffen st. I think my first memory of a pub was Ollie Naughtons on upper william street, guess what, my dad drank there also..........i see a pattern emerging... :D

Someone else mentioned the Oyster underneeth Genells (sp) My mam used to work in the shop but would go down to the bar if it got busy on a sunday night.

My first pub would have been Riddlers across from dunnes, every fri and sat night after getting paid (Dunnes), Then off to Tropics where i would enevitable be stopped, even with ID, i think they thought i murdered someone up there..........lol

• Advertisement

oleras wrote: »
    The Noel Edward was a staple of my late fathers, many a saturday was spent there while my Mam was doing the shopping, I remember having my communion afternoon there, no big fancy sit down meals back then ! He also frequented The Nicholas Brothers on upr gearld griffen st. I think my first memory of a pub was Ollie Naughtons on upper william street, guess what, my dad drank there also..........i see a pattern emerging... :D

Someone else mentioned the Oyster underneeth Genells (sp) My mam used to work in the shop but would go down to the bar if it got busy on a sunday night.

My first pub would have been Riddlers across from dunnes, every fri and sat night after getting paid (Dunnes), Then off to Tropics where i would enevitable be stopped, even with ID, i think they thought i murdered someone up there..........lol

There is another Pub where i spent my communion, at a corner on William Street, going down towards The Round House (towards the market) For the life of me i cant remember the name,(i'm thinking Hartigans) although that was back in 1977.

Magnum wrote: »
    There is another Pub where i spent my communion, at a corner on William Street, going down towards The Round House (towards the market) For the life of me i cant remember the name,(i'm thinking Hartigans) although that was back in 1977.

Powers ?

oleras wrote: »
    Powers ?

Possible, if it was on the corner across from the Danes Bakery, then that's it.

I must have a look later, I'll be in the City.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Placid Casual

anyone remember the temple of sound?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Placid Casual

Remember Tims?
    Watched the UEFA cup final 04 there, think it was 04.....??
    Celtic Porto.
    Atmosphere was pagic!

• Advertisement
Advertisement