Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

stephen hunt

• 25-11-2007 1:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,723 ✭✭✭✭

anyone else think he oversteps the mark a bit ?

I love hard men in football, but i wonder is there a certain nastiness in his game , he seams to make a lot of , at best rash tackles , and then reacts with the baby faced , hands up in the air innocent expression , of a certain Savage .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I always thought he was just a sloppy awkward type of player but after seeing the tackle today I'm not so sure. It really was a nasty tackle, but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭delta_bravo

thebaz wrote: »

I love hard men in football, but i wonder is there a certain nastiness in his game , he seams to make a lot of , at best rash tackles , and then reacts with the baby faced , hands up in the air innocent expression , of a certain Savage .

Hes not a hard man. Hes simply a dirty,reckless footballer and always has been, hes far more dirty than savage. Hunt's tackles can cause serious long term injury, the tackle he did today shouldve been a red

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Meh, he is like Diego Lugano or Materazzi...not a bad thing.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

rather that than someone that won't track back or tackle. Think he can be a bit too keen, but it's part of his game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

Disgracefull tackle in yesterdays match! Should of been a straight red no doubt.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

shoutman wrote: »
    Disgracefull tackle in yesterdays match! Should of been a straight red no doubt.

agreed. don't think it was malicious though, he's just not a good tackler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

people are going to remember the cech incident, put 2 and 2 together and label him a dirty player which he is not. The Cech foul was a complete accident and while today's was bad, it was probably just a rush of blood to the head. But by no means does that put him on the same dirty player league as say Michael Essien or Michael Brown

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,723 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

deise59 wrote: »
    people are going to remember the cech incident, put 2 and 2 together and label him a dirty player which he is not. The Cech foul was a complete accident and while today's was bad, it was probably just a rush of blood to the head. But by no means does that put him on the same dirty player league as say Michael Essien or Michael Brown

while Ireland need a bit of bite , similar to Keane and Houghton, i think Hunt pushes it too far , and can border on dangerous .... and he's not a hard man , similar to Keane or Essien , something sly about him that i don't like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

That tackle yesterday was disgusting. I hope he recieves a retrospective ban for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Daemonic

When they discussed it on MOTD last night they said, because the ref gave a yellow card the matter had been dealt with so the FA cannot give any further punishment :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭dbnavan

Disgraceful tackle, in my opionion, but I also agree he isnt a hard-man(ie Vinnie Jones) he is just sloppy, and cant tackle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Bit like a less talented Paul Scholes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

The Cech foul was a complete accident

i don't think it was an accident, i didn't think it then and i still don't now. he drops his knee as he goes over Cech, why else would he do that if not to make contact?
    and while today's was bad, it was probably just a rush of blood to the head.

a rush of blood to the head is still intolerable, and Hunt has these rushes of blood to the head a bit too often... if that tackle were lower it could have ended a career, it simply should not be tolerated. i hope the FA act retrospectively on this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,171 ✭✭✭paulocon

Horrendous tackle and hard to believe he didn't mean it given the height of his foot - didn't see the game so hard to put it in context but really thought it should have been a red..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Was thinking that a bit after his tackle yesterday. He's a dirty little fecker truth be told.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

SSN reported this morning that Hunt went straight to the Man City dressing room after the match to apologize. That doesn't make the tackle any less bad than it was but does at least show he's not up there with the other hard men

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

link to the tackle?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,723 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

SSN reported this morning that Hunt went straight to the Man City dressing room after the match to apologize. That doesn't make the tackle any less bad than it was but does at least show he's not up there with the other hard men

he seams to make a habit of making quick apologies, seams a bit wimpish to me -- if you are a hard man , live by the sword , die by the sword

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

if you are a hard man , live by the sword , die by the sword

Easy to say, but Hunt is afraid of sharp object eg scissors

Advertisement