Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I never thought I'd say this, but after 2 months...

• 25-11-2007 1:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭

...i'm starting to miss Mourinho.

Believe me, Im a die-hard Man United supporter and the day he left Chelsea seemed like a fantastic moment at the time. But now, despite his abnoxious, biased attitude, his interviews were fantastic and he did brilliantly at Chelsea. The unity he created within the squad was amazing. What do you think he would have say about Essiens sending off today!?

I for one hope he takes the England job. Not because he's the only one to turn them into a decent football team, but because we'll have a great character back in football. Anyone with me?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

I'm a Liverpool supporter and I was sorry to see him go as well. A real character, very entertaining and more intelligent than a lot of people gave him credit for. The aim of a lot of his 'talk' was to take the focus in the media off his players. Clever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

Not missing him at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

He has more than enough cop-on not to take the England job tbh.Yeah some of his comments were humourous but he still portrayed himself as a Beckham esque personality in football.Ya know the image went past what football wasall about when he thought he meant more than the club he was managing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

deise59 wrote: »
    I for one hope he takes the England job. Not because he's the only one to turn them into a decent football team, but because we'll have a great character back in football. Anyone with me?

I agree. He livened up the Premiership and it's a poorer place without him. Hope he takes the England job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

I dont miss him one bit, he was disrespectful, snobbish, **** stirring and arrogant. I'm glad he is gone. Hope he takes the England job, does ****e, and we never have to hear about how "special" he is ever again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

Mourinho is one of those rare love to hate characters and I thought he was great!

at least when Mourinho whined and moaned he was 3 dimensional, entertaining and controversial all at the same time unlike when Benitez and Wenger moan and whine about their victimisation and annual complaints over a winter break you just snooze off

i don't care if you can't stand the guy, football needs characters and the already dull english game is even duller without Mourinho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I think I went through phases with the guy - I always liked him but it pissed me off when he talked about Ronaldo's background and him being 'poorly educated'. That was out of line.

But love him or hate him, I don't think you can deny that press conferences/interviews were a lot more interesting with him around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/internationals/7116283.stm

"You will have to speak to the FA to see if they are interested in offering me the job," he told The Sun newspaper.

"I cannot say what I think until they say they are interested. Tell the FA to come and get me. We will have to wait and see, but I rule nothing out."

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

I miss Mourinho's character - too many boring managers in the premiership. I dont miss the fact that he was an amazing manager at one of our rivals though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭PeadarofAodh

Definitely sounds like he's thinking about the England job from his recent comments. I for one would love him to take it!

• Advertisement
Advertisement