Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Xbox Deals

• 25-11-2007 2:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Anyone knw where i can get a good xbox premium pack deal in dublin

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Saw Premium Pack with GOW + Viva Piniata Free for €350 in tesco!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,913 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

it's actually forza 2 and viva pinata and its €360

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭triona1

Did anyone else hear on the radio that if you buy any game console you get a 200e game voucher in gamestop.im sure i heard correctly but not sure when the offer is over.
    Anyone know.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Stimpyone

E399 in Smyths with 3 games and a tenners worth of vouchers.

http://www.toys.ie/Shop_Product_Detail.aspx?pcode=C07119&qwSessionID=050e53cc-8b0d-4a4d-af2e-f347e0b2820d

I got Gears of war, COD4 and Halo 3... I may not see my kids for some time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

359euro in harvey norman with ANY two games aint too bad either

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭McGintyMcGoo

Is the premium pack the latest/best XBox out at the moment? Is it the one with the large hard drive? €399 in Smyths with those 3 free games is a great deal....so much so that I thought it was an old version of the XBox???

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Stimpyone

QUOTE=McGintyMcGoo;54502347]Is the premium pack the latest/best XBox out at the moment? Is it the one with the large hard drive? €399 in Smyths with those 3 free games is a great deal....so much so that I thought it was an old version of the XBox???[/QUOTE]

Nope the Elite is the top of the range, then comes the Premium..

xbox.jpg

47956.jpg

Forget the bundle info and the dollar prices obviously.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Hypnotoad

How much is it in Virgin?What games come with it?

I'm on a bit of a budget at the mo so does any1 know where the cheapest 360 premium of all is????? Dont want core(unless an absolute bargain) because of cost of hard drive, wireless controller, component cable etc...
    Will buy pre-owned . Willing to take a chance with reliability.Dont like ebay....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Zonda999 wrote: »
    Will buy pre-owned . Willing to take a chance with reliability.Dont like ebay....

Personally, I wouldn't.

Even if you have to wait a bit longer, try and get one of the newer boxes.

• Advertisement

Do you say that because of the hdmi output or because the newer ones are more reliable???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Do you say that because of the hdmi output or because the newer ones are more reliable???

Because presumably/hopefully MS (if for nothing more than financial reasons) have improved reliability.

And check out the 'I don't f**king believe it' thread to see that people are trading in fubarred consoles and retailers are taking them!

I'll ring around next week.It would be great 2 get a pre-owned 360 with hdmi output but i'd have to get real lucky.By the things i've read about reliability, i cant be taking much more of a risk with a used one. I may still get a new arcade model yet though..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,568 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Virgin - 359 for premium console, forza 2, extra controller and Halo 3 (if you ask nicely the manager will let you swap forza and the extra controller for any other game) - Ok deal

Best deal i've seen is also in Virgin. The Elite with the same games deal for 440. Great value

Virgin - 359 for premium console, forza 2, extra controller and Halo 3 (if you ask nicely the manager will let you swap forza and the extra controller for any other game) - Ok deal

Best deal i've seen is also in Virgin. The Elite with the same games deal for 440. Great value

Thanks.:)

That's not to bad,Forza will be fun and I'm sure Halo will keep me occupied until I can get something better.

Thats made it tricky. You can get a premium with ANY two games for 360euro in harvey norman or a premium with forza2, halo3 and another controller for 360euro in virgin.Hmmmmm what would halo3 be like for a complete newbie to the whole halo thing???

Does any 1 know if that virgin deal mentioned above is still ongoing???thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭hurleyd

Was in HMV today and they had the premium console with Halo 3 and the new Need for Speed for €350.

So waht are the best deals on 360 console at the mo????

It seems virgins and smyths ones.

• Advertisement

Anyone know what exactly the virgin deal consists of????I've heard a few different versions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

360 in argos with halo3 and forza 2 I THINK

so many bundle deals i get confused.

think theres a good one where you can get halo and any game you want for 360, not sure though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

trying to figure out if the xtra vision deal is a good'un??

400quid
    Xbox Premium & Halo 3 & Forza & Some other racing game
    & extra wireless controller

sounds reasonable yeah?

all im really looking for would be Xbox 360, Halo 3 & Extra Controller tho...!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,993 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Smyths deal is now gone up to 449.99 :( Anyone any idea of what the xtravision deals are on at the moment?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Moe Lester

hey anyone know the best slite deals going on now and also the best prices for trading in a premium console

• Closed Accounts Posts: 569 ✭✭✭Ice_Box

Gamestop do a trade in on the premium...
    http://www.gamestop.ie/x360gamelist.asp

The excellent deal in virgin for 360euro has ended so now the best deal is in GAME or Harvey noman although i think the stock in Harveys is rather old so make sure that it has atleast a hdmi port

The excellent deal in virgin for 360euro has ended so now the best deal is in GAME or Harvey noman although i think the stock in Harveys is rather old so make sure that it has atleast a hdmi port

How much are they in virgin now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,788 ✭✭✭tvnutz

Smyths deal is now gone up to 449.99 :( Anyone any idea of what the xtravision deals are on at the moment?

Premium: €359.99+Free Wireless Controller+Free Halo 3+ 5 Free Game Rentals

Elite: €459.99+Free Wireless Conroller+Free Halo 3+ 5 Free Games Rentals

Halo 3 Special Edition Console (pack includes Play and charge kit):€389.99+Free Wireless Conroller+Free Halo 3+ 5 Free Games Rentals

• Advertisement

I think they're about 400 with 2 games and an extra wireless or something.It was'nt a great deal anyway so i cant remember fully

Advertisement