Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things that tick you off (but are too afraid to admit)

• 25-11-2007 3:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭

Basically what I'm referring to here are things deemed too sensitive/politically correct even for discussion on this eminent forum - What really ticks me off is all the blatantly hypocritical accommadation we give to more radical elements of Islam...ie...bowing down to the Saudi Dictatorship, remaining silent(relatively speaking) about the abborent murder of Dutch Film Director, Theo Van Gogh, by lunatic Muslim fundamentalists, the removal of cribs from hospitals because it may offend non-nationals...the list go's on forever and it usually involves the keeping our mouths shut about clearly proposterous contradictions/injustices...I'm neither a xenophile nor am I an active Christian but if it were the Catholic Church or elements associated with it demanding such special treatment, everyone would be up in arms and it would be fair game to slag off Catholicism...My Question is..Why not Islam...sometimes you just have to call a spade a spade

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭davejones

I fully agree with you this country is going to the dogs/foreigners/muslims/jews where will it end?

This is serious man :mad:

:D
    Can i subscribe to a newsletter?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭KIVES

Well in fairness - I'm not complaining about jews or dogs or foreigners in general - tis just the sickening pandering too sideways elements of Islam that has me lying awake at night shouting at the ceiling...

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

KIVES wrote: »
    tis just the sickening pandering too sideways elements of Islam that has me lying awake at night shouting at the ceiling...

You need to get out more. Maybe take up a hobby or go travelling.

zaph wrote: »

Zing:)

Clarification would be delightful zaph...witty as your remark is, it lacks a little in explanation...

• Advertisement

Clarification would be delightful zaph...witty as your remark is, it lacks a little in explanation...

Not really, standard PI response

Yeah but this is After Hours.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭Sinfonia

In that case, yore ma bows down to the Saudi Dictatorship

davejones wrote: »
    Yeah but this is After Hours.;)

It's OK, you're new here, you'll get it one day :D

Thats what I'm talking about - auh, here's another standard f**kin response - give an original response or just leave it...

• Advertisement

It's OK, you're new here, you'll get it one day :D

What?Banned?:D

Thats what I'm talking about - auh, here's another standard f**kin response - give an original response or just leave it...

And this is another standard hysterical anti-Islam thread lacking in originality of its own so I didn't think I needed to be original.

And this is another standard hysterical anti-Islam thread lacking in originality of its own so I didn't think I needed to be original.
    Again, it's neither 'hysterical' nor 'Anti-Islam' - it's merely pointing out one of the things that ticks me off...it dosen't have to be 'religious',it could be anything...I was merely offering my take on one of my personal irritants, namely 'the kid gloves' phenomenon regarding fanatical islamic customs/behaviour...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,311 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Meh. I hate the towel heads. Don't mind the religions, it's the religious people who annoy me.

Call a priest f**king a kid a peado, and a Islamic man strapped with C4 a terrorist, tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Liberals in this country pi$$ me the fvck right off.

Its annoys the hell out of me that we can acknowledge the positive contributions made by immigrants to Ireland but we can't say a word about the negatives without being branded a racist.

(btw I was never too afraid to admit this).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,551 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Political correctness has gone into overdrive alright.
    It doesn't help at all; the problems are still there stewing away under the surface.
    I can see right wing anti-<minority goes here> groups emerging because of it down the road.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Basically what I'm referring to here are things deemed too sensitive/politically correct even for discussion on this eminent forum - What really ticks me off is all the blatantly hypocritical accommadation we give to more radical elements of Islam...ie...bowing down to the Saudi Dictatorship, remaining silent(relatively speaking) about the abborent murder of Dutch Film Director, Theo Van Gogh, by lunatic Muslim fundamentalists, the removal of cribs from hospitals because it may offend non-nationals...the list go's on forever and it usually involves the keeping our mouths shut about clearly proposterous contradictions/injustices...I'm neither a xenophile nor am I an active Christian but if it were the Catholic Church or elements associated with it demanding such special treatment, everyone would be up in arms and it would be fair game to slag off Catholicism...My Question is..Why not Islam...sometimes you just have to call a spade a spade

I'm going to to assume very little of this actually affects your day-to-day life. Understandable to be a bit annoyed with it but chill out a bit.

Or pop over to Stormfront.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Not many people in Ireland know who Theo Van Gogh is to be fair. I hate Islam too, in my opinion it's a stupid religion, but i don't have a problem with people practicing it in Islamic countries, it's when they come to Western Europe that I have a problem. Democracy and forward-thinking policies are not compatible with Islam. I don't have to be secretive about it here (Holland) though, it's perfectly ok to say 'I wish those Muslims'd fúck off home.'

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 16,287 Mod ✭✭✭✭quickbeam

biko wrote: »

Yeah, Father Ted ticks me off too, but I've never had to guts to admit it before!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Ok i have one....

I hate single mothers:eek: Na, not them personally, but we had one come around to look at our apartment (we're moving). She must have been about 21 or something, and she was going to be getting over €900 rent allowance a month!!!!:eek: The whole apartment is only 1200!!

I really did think that was a disgrace, same goes with my cousin who had a baby at a similar age and she now has a nice apartment, the majority of it paid for the government, ie me.

So ladies, if you want your own place, have a baby!!!

Awaits backlash:)

Ok i have one....

I hate single mothers:eek: Na, not them personally, but we had one come around to look at our apartment (we're moving). She must have been about 21 or something, and she was going to be getting over €900 rent allowance a month!!!!:eek: The whole apartment is only 1200!!

I really did think that was a disgrace, same goes with my cousin who had a baby at a similar age and she now has a nice apartment, the majority of it paid for the government, ie me.

So ladies, if you want your own place, have a baby!!!

Awaits backlash:)

Fecking sluts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

They invented gayness too you know ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

I don't like black people. Now don't get me wrong, I don't mind all black people. For example I have nothing againt the non-threatening "half-cast" ones that present the news or appear as gueststars on family shows like Diagnosis Murder or Seventh Heaven. It's just the really black ones that bug me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Lands Leaving

I don't like spanish women. they aren't good looking, they're hairy, they have black hairs all over their forearms and god knows where else, disgusting, and they collectively have the face of an ugly dog.

There are very very very few exceptions to this rule.

So why are people always harpin on about them???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,927 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

bowing down to the Saudi Dictatorship

we bow down to the Saudi Royal Family because they're simply too rich and they manage to (somewhat stably) be able to export oil from the region. Try overthrowing them and you lose that guaranteed trillions of dollars every year that comes pissing out of their fields. As rich as they are I'm sure they've an ultimatum in place: imagine if you will having all of their drilling and refinery sites rigged with explosives. Im betting its already in place: if anyone tries to screw with them all they have to do is call the right people or press the right switch and boom - Scorched Earth all over again. It would take the world economy to places it couldnt recover from.

Im sure if it were an option to out them from the region it would have happened. As it stands i think they're holding something over our heads behind the curtains thats making us look like lapdogs to the general audience.

I hate Irish people for being overly opinionated for a neutral country. You have that benefit that you can sit in the back of the room and throw spitballs. You forget it isnt your buildings being destroyed or your city-busses being bombed and your countrymen getting held hostage and kidnapped and killed. And then you make fun of the general public of such countries for not really having as much choice/knowledge as they should to elect the right people for the job - then the wrong people who've pulled the wool over their eyes get them sent to the wolves. You have this luxury that you can sit here and your biggest gripe in life is 'refugees' and single mothers getting more social benefits than you.

Dont get me wrong youre grand people but you drive me nuts when you talk about politics and religion ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,417 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

anyone in Ireland who thinks we have an immigration problem doesn't know what an immigration problem is, I'm convinced of it.

griffdaddy wrote: »
    anyone in Ireland who thinks we have an immigration problem doesn't know what an immigration problem is, I'm convinced of it.

I wouldn't say its a big problem, every other country I've been to is far more multi-cultural. And even if there were more its not a problem unless the people coming in cause more crime or other problems, which they don't cause any more than every section of society, a minority are criminals, the majority are grand. Just like the Irish. Problem is that when an asylum seeker or immigrant commits a crime the classic xenophobic mentality of bloody foreigners kicks in. Someone has to be blamed for everything, its human nature, and this, in my opinion (which will probably be attacked!) is the problem.

I wouldn't say its a big problem, every other country I've been to is far more multi-cultural. And even if there were more its not a problem unless the people coming in cause more crime or other problems, which they don't cause any more than every section of society, a minority are criminals, the majority are grand. Just like the Irish. Problem is that when an asylum seeker or immigrant commits a crime the classic xenophobic mentality of bloody foreigners kicks in. Someone has to be blamed for everything, its human nature, and this, in my opinion (which will probably be attacked!) is the problem.

Are you living in Blackrock, Dublin?.

• Advertisement

If I say yes will I be met with a torrent of abuse?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,408 ✭✭✭Huggles

Mairt wrote: »
    Are you living in Blackrock, Dublin?.

LOL!!!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 47,463 CMod ✭✭✭✭Black Swan

Profiling at USA airport screening checkpoints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,983 ✭✭✭leninbenjamin

griffdaddy wrote: »

we're at the stage though where if we don't get our immigration and more specifically integration policies right we'll end up being fecked like the Dutch.... French.... British...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭gillyfromlyre

Its funny how the politically correct abhor the nazi's and everything they stood for, and yet they invite all sorts of jew hating headcases to give talks over here in colleges, universities etc, they are all for the rights of women, yet they are foot massaging a cult that treats us like dogs.
    You can object to the catholic church without the fear of being knived to death by a catholic while out cycling "which is the way all green thinking liberals get about", you can't exactly guarantee the same when dealing with the violent mindset of the vast number of western hating muslims. What a lot of Irish people don't realise is the amount of hate, repulsion and disgust which a large number of muslims feel with regards to the way we live. What this country fought for hundreds of years to achieve is now being scraped away to make way for the most unaccommodating religion in the world, FACT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Overheal wrote: »
    I hate Irish people for being overly opinionated for a neutral country. You have that benefit that you can sit in the back of the room and throw spitballs. You forget it isnt your buildings being destroyed or your city-busses being bombed and your countrymen getting held hostage and kidnapped and killed. And then you make fun of the general public of such countries for not really having as much choice/knowledge as they should to elect the right people for the job - then the wrong people who've pulled the wool over their eyes get them sent to the wolves. You have this luxury that you can sit here and your biggest gripe in life is 'refugees' and single mothers getting more social benefits than you.

Dont get me wrong youre grand people but you drive me nuts when you talk about politics and religion ;)
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dublin_and_Monaghan_bombings

33 people dead, with a population of ~3 million at this time.

You had the 9/11 thing.
    ~300 million population and ~3,000 dead.

Quite similar per head of population.

Don't get me started on internment.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭gillyfromlyre

Overheal wrote: »
    I hate Irish people for being overly opinionated for a neutral country. You have that benefit that you can sit in the back of the room and throw spitballs. You forget it isnt your buildings being destroyed or your city-busses being bombed and your countrymen getting held hostage and kidnapped and killed. And then you make fun of the general public of such countries for not really having as much choice/knowledge as they should to elect the right people for the job - then the wrong people who've pulled the wool over their eyes get them sent to the wolves. You have this luxury that you can sit here and your biggest gripe in life is 'refugees' and single mothers getting more social benefits than you

There was an irish woman murdered over there,kidnapped,held hostage and murdered,she was an aid worker, she wasn't terrorising the neighbourhoods, kicking down doors, generally acting the gannet like others over there.I know its not the ordinary joes fault for being over there, fair enough.
    Our gripes in life have more value than your arrogantly moronic gripe that we are overly opinionated because we're not sponsoring dictatorships or blowing the crap out of other countries for monetary gain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

Liberals in this country pi$$ me the fvck right off.

Its annoys the hell out of me that we can acknowledge the positive contributions made by immigrants to Ireland but we can't say a word about the negatives without being branded a racist.

(btw I was never too afraid to admit this).

Woo yea!

Also Gilly, I like the cut of your jib. Tell it like it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,575 ✭✭✭✭FlutterinBantam

I went into the jacks in Ballinteer House yesterday and someone left a huge dump unflushed in the gents with a minature Polish flag adorning it.

What is this country coming to????

I went into the jacks in Ballinteer House yesterday and someone left a huge dump unflushed in the gents with a minature Polish flag adorning it.

What is this country coming to????
    On a seperate note... Isn't the superquinn in Ballinteer fantastic? I could walk around in there all day and find wonderful things to buy. :)

:confused:Must be in the wrong forum here sorry..

Thought this was about things that tick you off,not about grocery shopping.

• Advertisement

Grocery shoppers really ticks me off!! Hairy japanese bastards!!!

:confused:Japanese are quite hairless I thought... are you drinking?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Note to self.
    Get back to this in the morning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Personally, I don't have any problem with someone who says something negative about any immigrant which is accurate and fair comment.

If someone says:
    "My house was broken into last week, turns out it was an Australian* guy who has been here for two years and has already been in trouble with the law three times, and had a record as long as his arm back home ... why do we let people like this into the country?"
    that's a fair question and certainly isn't racist, imo.

If someone responds with:
    "Sure all the Australians* are like that, they come over here and take our jobs and steal our women and break into our houses, sure aren't they all descended from criminals anyway, we should throw the whole lot of them out of the country!1!"
    then that most certainly is. Unfortunately, there seems to be a recent tendency, both in AH and in RL in Ireland, to make that sweeping kind of generalisation at the drop of a hat.

* Australia got picked simply because I can't remember any anti-Ozzie threads in AH! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

Its funny how the politically correct abhor the nazi's and everything they stood for, and yet they invite all sorts of jew hating headcases to give talks over here in colleges, universities etc, they are all for the rights of women, yet they are foot massaging a cult that treats us like dogs.
    You can object to the catholic church without the fear of being knived to death by a catholic while out cycling "which is the way all green thinking liberals get about", you can't exactly guarantee the same when dealing with the violent mindset of the vast number of western hating muslims. What a lot of Irish people don't realise is the amount of hate, repulsion and disgust which a large number of muslims feel with regards to the way we live. What this country fought for hundreds of years to achieve is now being scraped away to make way for the most unaccommodating religion in the world, FACT

its called freedom of speech. Anyone can say whatever they want because when you start restricting people from saying what they want it becomes very difficult to determine where to stop.

when you start to censor people, who decides what to censor and what not to censor? you? me? the government? or maybe the jew haters themselves?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,551 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Take a look at countries like Germany and Austria, they banned the Nazi parties.
    Result: A bunch of of Nazi types (anti-Turkish groups etc.) feel like the oppressed and have fairly strong representation now.

Give them their soapbox and they'll feck things up by themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

kowloon wrote: »
    Take a look at countries like Germany and Austria, they banned the Nazi parties.

And made holocaust denial a crime. Thats one of my major pet peeves. It is absurd that a modern democracy would enshrine their interpretation of history into law.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

What beginning to tick me off more and more these days is the west holier than tho attitude towards Muslims. We look down our noses at them for being religious over capitalistic individualists.

We have no right to tell them how to live and trying to enforce our beliefs on them isn't going to encourage them to change one bit. We might not like the way they run there countries but they're fully entitled to run it how they see fit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭togster

Muslims rock!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,280 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Tolerance of religious views of all shades - if a belief is unjustifiable, it's unjustifiable no matter how much you want it to be true.

'D'workin class' - huge misnomer...

• Advertisement
Advertisement