Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

need help with cod 4 issues

• 25-11-2007 9:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

hello i am new to this forum.i am having a problem with cod 4. the problem is i cant have 2 comps connect to cod 4 multiplayer at same time. if i connect while my brother is playing he gets kicked off, if he connects while i play i get kicked off. i tried making a static ip address but im not sure if that will work or what that does. i know for sure the problem is something to do with it thinking its 2 computers trying to connect. anyone know anything on this!?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,572 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

iluvpie60 wrote: »
    hello i am new to this forum.i am having a problem with cod 4. the problem is i cant have 2 comps connect to cod 4 multiplayer at same time. if i connect while my brother is playing he gets kicked off, if he connects while i play i get kicked off. i tried making a static ip address but im not sure if that will work or what that does. i know for sure the problem is something to do with it thinking its 2 computers trying to connect. anyone know anything on this!?

You bought two copies I trust?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 276 ✭✭Dregon

You Can't play the game with your brother at the same time if you both have the same CD-Key's. If you want a new CD-Key you will have to buy another copy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 iluvpie60

well yes i have two diff cd keys lol...

im glad i joined this community so nothing could be done about my problem its been a month and 2 ppl helped 0% so far but thanks anyways

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

A sure way to get people to help is to give abuse, maybe nobody has an answer for you?

Have you tried joining a party together and then playing as oppose to playing seperately, what connection have you?Maybe it cant handle you both playing at the same time in diffent games?

• Advertisement

it doesnt even matter no one knows how to fix it i said the problem very clearly i am getting kicked because i only have one router ip addresss which is what keeps kickin gme becuase when i go to ipchicken.com on any computer it will give me the same ip which isnt my real ip for this computer i dont know how to fix it because im not that good with all that but i know the problem no one knows how to fix it i cant find it anywhere on google for my problem so w\e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

it doesnt even matter no one knows how to fix it i said the problem very clearly i am getting kicked because i only have one router ip addresss which is what keeps kickin gme becuase when i go to ipchicken.com on any computer it will give me the same ip which isnt my real ip for this computer i dont know how to fix it because im not that good with all that but i know the problem no one knows how to fix it i cant find it anywhere on google for my problem so w\e

I doubt that. One of my brothers and his mate play using the same connection with no problems. What is the exact message your getting off PunkBuster when you get kicked? Try to load the game up, replicate the error and post the last log file created from from C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\pb\svlogs

well you can doubt that all you want i know its the problem
    no pb error i know how to fix pb errors
    the problem is exactly what i keep saying,not what you think it is
    i dont know how to make it so it doesnt keep detecting my router ip address which is totally diff from my ip address it shood be getting but its not ipchicken.com tells me my router ip and my ip and router ip are different it should be using my real ip address but sumhow my router blocks my real ip from being detected and only has one ip address it displays aka the router ip address how it does this why it does this i dunno! gahhh

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,572 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

but sumhow my router blocks my real ip from being detected and only has one ip address it displays aka the router ip address how it does this why it does this i dunno! gahhh

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1918.txt?number=1918

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,002 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

no pb error i know how to fix pb errors
    the problem is exactly what i keep saying,not what you think it is
    i dont know how to make it so it doesnt keep detecting my router ip address which is totally diff from my ip address it shood be getting but its not ipchicken.com tells me my router ip and my ip and router ip are different it should be using my real ip address but sumhow my router blocks my real ip from being detected and only has one ip address it displays aka the router ip address how it does this why it does this i dunno! gahhh

Externally you both having the same ip address should not matter unless the server kicks people playing on the same ip. Does this happen on every server or just the one you are playing on? Internally, on your home network you both can't function with the same ip.

The only other thing I can think of is that you may need to open up the ports for Cod4 on your router. I'm not sure what they are, there does not seem to be much online about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

As was pointed out earlier in this thread your not going to get far with the attitude your portraying. I could try more to help but meh......

Cod4 does not kick for more than one player having the same external ip address. The two pc's have different mac addresses which the router is aware of and routes traffic to them using the mac addresses. The port which may require opening is 28960 udp. Guide here http://portforward.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

Dingatron wrote: »
    As was pointed out earlier in this thread your not going to get far with the attitude your portraying. I could try more to help but meh......
    I have to agree here iluvpie60. Please be a little bit more respectful and thankful of the fact that people are trying to help you out. It's not like they are paid to do so or anything!

And please try using punctuation! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

im glad i joined this community so nothing could be done about my problem its been a month and 2 ppl helped 0% so far but thanks anyways

Did the users of this forum develop the game?

Did the users of this forum distribute the game?

Did you buy the game from users of this forum?

Is this forum the offical help site for COD4, like is it on the CD cover or something?

Terribly sorry we couldn't help you, please don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Did the users of this forum develop the game?

Did the users of this forum distribute the game?

Did you buy the game from users of this forum?

Is this forum the offical help site for COD4, like is it on the CD cover or something?

Terribly sorry we couldn't help you, please don't let the door hit you on the way out.

first of all all u did was ask me questions(not helping). and second of all i said that awihle back i wish i could delete it
    and when did i ever mention any of the things u just asked?
    i didnt so please dont SPAM SPAM SPAM
    stupid
    pointless
    annoying
    u didnt help
    u didnt try to help
    i think on further reflection you shall see what i mean

I have to agree here iluvpie60. Please be a little bit more respectful and thankful of the fact that people are trying to help you out. It's not like they are paid to do so or anything!

And please try using punctuation! ;)
    once again people commenting on thigs i said awhile ago
    SPAM
    SPAM
    stupid
    pointless
    annoying
    im saying its annoying when people say things that have nothing to do with teh topic just because they feel they like to agree with sumthing
    the topic isnt what u agree with
    i didnt say anyone had to help me
    i said sarcastically im glad i joined this community so no one can help me awhile ago
    dont cry over spilt milk
    but i will apologize if i have offended anyone of you very well rounded individuals who can clearly read one thing and think another
    i am very sorry

thank you to all of the people who gave me suggestions i will try them all a little later when i have some time
    im not saying this community is bad and ppl hav eto help me again
    i just wannna say dont flame me on my topic
    flame me on ur topic
    send me a message
    if im being so offensive that u hav eto flame me tell me what i should do and dont condemn what i say unless u have a reason to say it(provide reason most people do)
    thank you
    im not a mean person
    just frustrated
    im not mad at anyone on these boards
    nor do i hate any of u

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Steffano2002

once again people commenting on thigs i said awhile ago
    SPAM
    SPAM
    stupid
    pointless
    annoying
    im saying its annoying when people say things that have nothing to do with teh topic just because they feel they like to agree with sumthing
    the topic isnt what u agree with
    i didnt say anyone had to help me
    i said sarcastically im glad i joined this community so no one can help me awhile ago
    dont cry over spilt milk
    but i will apologize if i have offended anyone of you very well rounded individuals who can clearly read one thing and think another
    i am very sorry
    Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement