Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oven advice

Options
  • 25-11-2007 9:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭

The oven - a standalone electric one; the hob's gas and is out in the sculltery - gave up the ghost yesterday as I was cooking dinner for friends. (Good in a way - I'd forgotten how delicious pot-roasted chicken and vegetables were.)

I'll have to replace it now, but need some advice, as this oven was 25 years old.

Are they a standard size? Hope so, as otherwise I'll have to destroy a whole big cupboard unit that it's built into.

What are good makes and models? I don't want anything fancy, just a good solid electric fan oven, preferably nice-looking.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭knighted

in general there are build to an agreed standard size so you should have very little problem -must be a double oven? measure your cabinet opening with a measuring tape ,bring your own tape to your chosen shop and measure again just to be sure -zanussi do a good range of built in units but dont expect to get 25 yrs out of your new one ,nothing made to last that amount of time anymore

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Bosch or Siemens might be worth considering too, though maybe a bit pricier than Zanussi. Maybe consider Electrolux too (owners of Zanussi).

Advertisement