Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anyone know what this Helicopter is?

Options
  • 25-11-2007 11:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭

I spotted this over East Cork this morning, I presume it's doing a survey of some sort. Anyone have any theories?
    (that's the best photo I got)

2062225016_c0284d0c06_o.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

It came back! so it's belong to PDG Helicoptersand is most likely doing a survey.

2061496719_0171deaa8b_b.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭Zirconia
    Boycott Israeli Goods & Services

These are the owners of that particular machine - The equipment is for geo-survey work. I think the attached instrument package is either a precision GPS tool, or else a precision radar altimeter instrument I would guess.

http://www.pdg-helicopters.co.uk/Aerial-Survey-g.asp

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭View Profile

Looks like a Eurocopter AS 355.

Im a land surveyor and they look like GPS satellite receivers.

I presume they have an aerial camera onboard also otherwise I see no reason for the receivers alone!

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭muppet01

Looks like a Eurocopter AS 355.

Im a land surveyor and they look like GPS satellite receivers.

I presume they have an aerial camera onboard also otherwise I see no reason for the receivers alone!

you can see the camera in the meddle of the rig facing forward

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭macnas

An Aerospatiale AS355F1 Ecureuil II according to the UK Register for G-JARV

• Advertisement
Advertisement