Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three critically ill after Waterford party

• 25-11-2007 1:36pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Looks like a busy night in Waterford!
    Three people are critically ill in hospital following a house party in Waterford last night.

A further 13 have received medical treatment.

It is understood that 16 people fell ill after attending the 21st Birthday party at a house in Ballybeg Square in Waterford last night.

Three of the individuals are currently being treated in the intensive care unit at Waterford Regional Hospital.

Gardaí in the city are examining a white substance which was found this morning at the house.

Link: http://www.rte.ie/news/2007/1125/waterford1.html

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

'a white substance'

radioactive man juice?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Cocaine obviously. Either that or a bag or sherbet! Whoever is dealing it is going to be in big trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

I lol'd when I first saw this...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

anthrax....... or milk

Fajitas! wrote: »
    I lol'd when I first saw this...

The misfortune of others makes you happy? I feel for the families of these people should anything happen to them. People shouldn't take drugs but at the same time, I'm not going to wish harm on them for doing so. Although I'm sure it's very easy to have a told you so attitude in this situation as it's hard to feel sorry for junkies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The news headline on Newstalk did'nt mention any drugs angle ao I asumed some dodgy takaway owner was for the high jump.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

Nice to see the Ice Cream truck is still in business in Ballybeg.

mike65 wrote: »
    The news headline on Newstalk did'nt mention any drugs angle ao I asumed some dodgy takaway owner was for the high jump.

Mike.

"Three men critically ill after Waterford party

Three men are critically ill in hospital in Waterford after a suspected bad batch of drugs were allegedly taken at a birthday party. "

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

Good enough for them. It was a 21st birthday party, not a 5th birthday party. They knew the risks involved.

I just hope they didn't waste too much time and resources out in the hospital.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭utick

the drug supply should be poisened more often, some junkies die off, some junkies get pissed off and have the dealers on the run and dont know who to safely buy from anymore, perhaps if the government intentionaly sent out bad batches of drugs more often it might kill the drugs trade in ireland

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭mad man

utick wrote: »
    the drug supply should be poisened more often, some junkies die off, some junkies get pissed off and have the dealers on the run and dont know who to safely buy from anymore, perhaps if the government intentionaly sent out bad batches of drugs more often it might kill the drugs trade in ireland

Yeah this'd work:rolleyes:

It's amazing how many of the tut tut brigade who think every drug users a junkie will go out and get out of their mind on drink at some stage this week.The fact is the biggest addiction problem in this country is caused by alcohol.Always was and always will be.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

don't be silly, alcohol is a good drug.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭mad man

Mordeth wrote: »
    don't be silly, alcohol is a good drug.

I don't know if your attempting humour Mordeth.If you are then fair enough but it not then you can say the same about most drugs.Most if not all of them have benign uses or at least were intended that way.

The truth is though that most of the social problems in this country and the UK for that matter are attributable in some shape or form to Alcohol abuse and always have been.I know this sounds like a sweeping statement but its true.If you done a survey of the prisons and mental hospitals in this country you would find the biggest common denominator is alcohol.Likewise road deaths.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I would honestly be happy if alcohol were banned.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,500 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

I would honestly be happy if alcohol were banned.

it would certainly make the world a better place,

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭junkster12345

Cabaal wrote: »
    it would certainly make the world a better place,

not mine !!:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Yeah, but when did bad alcohol last put someone in IC?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

Of course everyone who takes drugs is a junkie, wonder is everyone who drinks an alcoholic then ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭JohnC.

nipplenuts wrote: »

Good alcohol can put someone in IC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

Kahless wrote: »
    Good alcohol can put someone in IC.

That wasn't the question though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Roen

http://www.rte.ie/news/2007/1126/waterford.html

Nothing toxic in the substance according to reports. Looks like it was a bad chip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 724 ✭✭✭shapez

nipplenuts wrote: »

Excessive alcohol puts someone in IC.

And another thing, excessive alcohol also causes more fights/beatings/injury's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Roen wrote: »
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2007/1126/waterford.html

Nothing toxic in the substance according to reports. Looks like it was a bad chip.
    Actually, the speculation now is that the problem was the purity of the batch - it was better than they were used to. Since most idiots are content with shoving whatever up their nose, when they actually get their hands on a good quality batch, they take five or six lines in a row and end up OD'ing.

I love how the mother who owned the house was interviewed and when asked if she knew about the drugs in the house, she responded with, "Drugs are running this town". :rolleyes:

Reap what you sow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Baby4

This post has been deleted.

Someone is still in custody, as said you reap what you sow. I'm not going to spare many of my tears for feckless idiots.

Mike.

I think I've heard it all now.

One of the critical is recovering from cancer treatment.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

Mike.

boils my blood if this is true...and I wonder did they pay for such treatment?? Probably not but they can afford the money for a few bags of nose candy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,657 ✭✭✭trishw78

That just maddens me...

Feckless idiots, I hope they're all charged.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Mike.

I have been reliably informed, he will be pronounced dead within the next few days. There waiting on a member of the family to travel over to turn of the life support machine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭steven22

Sully wrote: »
    I have been reliably informed, he will be pronounced dead within the next few days. There waiting on a member of the family to travel over to turn of the life support machine.

How reliable ? The family live in Viewmount which is a stones throw from WRH ? And the fella, Gray, he is the one meant to be worse. Waterford rumours Sully. Forgive me if im proven otherwise in the next few weeks. Im hoping he has a speedy recovery. Poor lad, cancer, now this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement