Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Three critically ill after Waterford party

12346»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Bo Malicious

Sully> I dont live in Ireland so I dont know what is or isnt in the papers but my sentiments remain the same. If the papers are whipping into a sh*tstorm does not mean you should add fuel to the fire and post stuff herethat I would argue is ethically and morally questionable. Something really unfortunate has happened and having read through this thread I feel you should be careful what you write here. It can have a knock on effect on friends/family of those involved who might not appreciate getting their information from boards.ie of all places. Cop on to yourself. This isnt the place.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,039 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Sully wrote: »
    Can you point me to the post, I remember posting it - I just want to find something. Ill comment further then.

It might give you sometime to look back over the above post as its quoted completely out of context.

Post 38 page 2, now please show me where I have mis quoted you.

At this stage, I think you might be too close to be still having opinions on this and also quoting stuff that maybe only the family should know. Maybe more of a back seat roll from here on Kevin aye.

However this is just my opinion.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Sully> I dont live in Ireland so I dont know what is or isnt in the papers but my sentiments remain the same. If the papers are whipping into a sh*tstorm does not mean you should add fuel to the fire and post stuff herethat I would argue is ethically and morally questionable. Something really unfortunate has happened and having read through this thread I feel you should be careful what you write here. It can have a knock on effect on friends/family of those involved who might not appreciate getting their information from boards.ie of all places. Cop on to yourself. This isnt the place.

Thanks for your comments. However, until you know exactly what happened and whats been said etc. its hardly fair to comment. Im considering the issue closed on my part, and iv already agreed to let other members of the family (and friends/relatives) make watever statements they deem appropriate.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Aquos76 wrote: »
    Post 38 page 2, now please show me where I have mis quoted you.

At this stage, I think you might be too close to be still having opinions on this and also quoting stuff that maybe only the family should know. Maybe more of a back seat roll from here on Kevin aye.

However this is just my opinion.

If you have a problem with my posts, fair enough. I have no probelm listneing to what you and others have had to say, and iv changed my ways as appropriate. Give credit where credit is due, before I loose all ounce of respect for you.

Be fair about it. Your complaining that I said he died. I was commenting on another users statment saying that he died. Any particular reason why you failed to take him up on it? Any particular reason why you picked me, the second person to mention it (when I clearly stated I couldnt say if it was fact or fiction)? Please, enligthen me. I find it incredibly insulting that your now focusing your target completely on me. If your going to get into a debate, please, be fair about it.
    dlofnep wrote: »
    I just heard that one of them has died. Don't want to post a name.

I posted AFTER the statement which claimed one of them died. I did not post who died. The post was in response to the above post, I didnt do a multi-quote on it (keep forgetting we have it) so it might not be very clear. I ask you retract that statement immediately, as its unfair to say that I claimed he died. I never said it was definate, I even started with "it seems".
    Sully wrote: »
    It seems the chap has died - I wont find out until the morning if its true or not, but id imagine the press have it before I will. At this time, I think its best we give our condolences to his family and friends. We all make mistakes, it looks like this chap may have made one to. May he Rest In Peace.

Glad to hear it. I am also glad to see that you've come clean about edited posts earlier in this thread.

I have no problem stopping giving information thats not from a media source. When people complained, and didnt agree, I stopped. I didnt mean to offend, I was simply giving a slight update. It seems I overstepped the mark the updates and made a call (a bad one) on displaying certain information that may not have turned out as expected. As a result, I retracted the statement.

Thanks for being fair about it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,418 ✭✭✭BIG-SLICK-POKER

1.The fact is the lads took drugs .Deal with it , as Happens everyday everywhere it does not mean anyone should say "so what it was there own fault", These guys have families and those families dont want to read this **** .Parties happen and people do mad things thats just life ..Does not mean we should say tough it was your own fault . These men did not want to die and if thye knew wat was happening now would def change what they did but they cant

2. Sully is only saying what is being said , The doctors have Quoted that there was no oxygen to the brain and the damage is done ... I dont see any bad in any of his replys .

3 . These Guys deserve the respect to be left fight this battle with there families and until a time when the news breaks that they have passed away they should be always given a fighting chance . Even if the doctor gave his opionon if this was my brother i would be fighting with him.

4.This Thread should be locked in respect of the families fighting for there loved ones lifes .

Neill K
    Waterford

• Closed Accounts Posts: 130 ✭✭deise-lady

I think this thread should be locked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭mad man

What debate are you talking about? There is no debate to win because I’m only giving my opinion on the subject at hand. I don't have to ''defend'' anything. If you want to challenge my opinion then fire away but you've already lost because my opinion won't change.

Well opinions are like arseholes everybody has one.Some people are a bit more responsible than others though with theirs which is only right when you are living in a small community which Waterford is.

If someone has lung cancer due to years of smoking, then no, I will not feel sorry for them. They know the risks, they chose to ignore them and now they’re paying the ultimate price. If someone has heart disease due to lack of exercise and poor diet then no I won’t have sympathy for them because again, they chose their lifestyle and knew the risks associated with it. If someone crosses the road without looking then they’re a retard who doesn’t deserve sympathy from anyone, the only person I have sympathy for in this instance is the poor soul who knocked them down and now has to live with it for the rest of their life.

If someone goes to a party, gets drunk and decides to play with an ILLEGAL drug that can KILL you, then no, there won’t be any sympathy from me, accept to the relations of same.

If you have a problem with my opinion then please try and learn to live with it. I’ve explained myself prior to this post and I don’t really care to have to do it again. I don’t come to boards for pages of debates using endless quotes because it’s boring, and i have better things to be doing.

Well like I said normal people don't do this.Most people regardless of the circumstances feel compassion for the people involved in a tragedy.Unless the circumstances are exceptional like they are a child murderer which is not the case.Your average person doesn't or can't switch off the empathy button because they "judge" the person to have "brought it upon themselves".If you truly CAN do this then you need to get some help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

deise-lady wrote: »
    I think this thread should be locked

This is my one and only post in this thread
    I am a very close friend of the father of one of the lads , and out of respect for the family I like to request that this thread be closed . this thread has just turn into a rummer mill and I CANNOT BELEIVE HALF THE S**T I AM READING HERE (i know ,i heard, reliable source etc )
    Lets show some class and respect and just lock the thread please.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I agree. I've only had this brought to my attention and I think its not the time nor place to pick through the details.

DeV.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement