Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Frontlines Fuel of war

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Yeah I posted a thead in here the other day about it but no one really seemed interested. Me and my clan are taking part in the beta atm .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Too many games , not enough money , scratch that ...too many games , no money :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭Dara Robinson

Not sure how many people are interested but the game is great.

Have a look here and see what you think. A load of Vids.

I'm on the closed beta team so I can give info as long as it does not break my NDA. But there is a lot of info out there that I have read (interviews and reviews and the like) and I can tell you guys that kind of stuff.

Anyone interested in the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

I am interested, but it seems like a mix of COD4 and BF2142, both of which I like but I don't know I would buy another of those games.

The game is good. Great in fact. The potencial is awesome. There is a lot of team work (but the game works great without it) stuff like squads and other things I cant talk about (I actually think the NDA will be lifted soon) but if you watch some of the vids I have posted you will get a good idea of what I am talking about.

The game uses the UT3 engine and as we all know all the UT engines have been very good through out the years. The game looks great but is also very custamisable and you can reduce a lot of stuff atm. They have told us that there will be alot more of that.

As for COD4 and BF2142. Well I like em both in their own rights but I really think this will blow them out of the water. Its yet to be seen but I truly think the potencial is great.
    IGN said there will be 8 maps. I cant say whats being said inside the team but you'll find out soon enough.

I dont know, you have more questions?

Btw anyone with a Fileplanet subscription should be able to get onto the beta as far as I know they opened that angle a while ago but I'm not sure if its still open and if so for how much longer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Is there a good singleplayer campaign to it or is mainly for multiplayer?

L31mr0d wrote: »
    Is there a good singleplayer campaign to it or is mainly for multiplayer?
    From the info that you guys :p have available to you its about both.
    The single player looks awesome and the story seems to be told by an imbedded member of the press instead of being told by a soldier. Obviosly you control the soldiers but I think I might be kicked out if I tell more :D

I love the multiplayer but I am really looking forward to when the single player comes out so I can have a shot as it looks incredible.

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭Hercule

im in the closed beta and i dont care about breaking any NDA :D

the game is horrible at the moment - it needs a lot of work and it plays like a bad BF2142 knock-off. all the vids of it give slight images of what the game plays like but its nothing like the initial gameplay vids when the game was first shown - the guns spray and kick like a console game and the vehicles/add ons only add a tiny little bit of fun to the game before they lose their novelty - it reminds me of lot of the games Pariah and Bet on Soldier with the way the guns "feel". However quake wars felt the same before it was "done" so maybe they might get their stuff together. anyway evry1 in my clan who was in beta thought it was diabolical - but its only beta

The sound of the helicopter bombs (ala grand theft auto" is bloody annoying and the vehicles are dull

Your clearly either no good ingame or have not listened to what ppl (inc devs) are saying + have not watched any of the vids of the game (supprising for someone who is supposedly in beta). The guns recoil only if used as they are not supposed to. The ... lol **** I'm not sure what I can say here..... basically if the guns are used as they are supposed to you can get very good an accurate with them. I can kill moving targets from one capture point to another with the normal standard assault rifle (and they are not close)

Not sure where you are getting the referances to GTA or QW as QW is sh!t and GTA has nothing to do with this game and I really dont think that any of the sounds are alike.

I love the vehicles, although some of them could and are being improved.

How everyone in your clan thought it was diabolical unless its just you in there as most people (in and out of beta) who have spoken about it have either said its good or has potencial wait and see. Who are you in beta anyways and whats your clan?

Your clearly either no good ingame or have not listened to what ppl (inc devs) are saying + have not watched any of the vids of the game (supprising for someone who is supposedly in beta).

1. Im allowed an opinion - as are my.:iE/ clan members.

2. I have watched most *if not all) vids of the game cus i at one time thought this game was going to be the "next big thing" - yes I AM in the beta (version 0.2.2 - i was in earlier version too when we had that weird "cannot deploy " bug

3. Judging an unreleased game by videos is a dodgy thing to do - no matter how good the developer said it will be "cough* "medal of honour Airborne" *cough*. Developers often promise a lot of fixes that dont get fixed till later after release or in some cases never at all

4. I wouldnt say im bad at the game - usually in top half of scoreboards at the end and have played loads of FPSs i feel qualified to gauge a games gameplay somewhat - the weapons feel like the weapons from the game pariah or the game bet on soldier - unsatisfying and unrewarding - this is not an issue of skill

5. the GTA reference is to the little remote controlled helicopter bombs that u used in a few GTA missions that the drone tech get ingame - they are a fun novelty but they make a bloody annoying noise.

6. The quake wars reference is to the fact that the beta stunk - but the final game was/is actually quite good - that could still be true forFrontlines:FoW
    How everyone in your clan thought it was diabolical unless its just you in there as most people (in and out of beta) who have spoken about it have either said its good or has potencial wait and see. Who are you in beta anyways and whats your clan?

1. Whats it matter to you -.:iE/ Jayzus - u want my beta-key or IP address?
    2. No im not in a one man clan.............in fact i even ggave the game more of a chance then the others did
    3. I never said the game hadnt got potential -just that the current beta build needs a lot of work

• Advertisement

I really dont want to argue I just dont agree that the weapons suck. Just that I think you have not grasped that they are to be used a certain way (diff for each one) and most ppl who get that seem to do ok ingame.

Also, Quake Wars was one of the biggest flops this year!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

How does the game compare to Source games, BF2 and 2142, COD 2 and COD4. Different and the same in what aspects?

sorry mate, I dont understand the question

the game is mostly similiar to 2142 in its styling and fundamental gameplay (domination with a "frontline" that moves depending on what points u cap and also its styling futuristic but no lasers with all the usual tanks/gunships/little robot thingies.

The shooting dynamic plays like a cross between stalker and 2142 at the moment and its not to everyones tastes- its hard to put my finger on but i dont find the gameplay enjoyable - u regenerate after a period of time similiar to cod2 so it easy enough to stay alive if u keep covered.

needs work tho :S

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

dont think we need another battlefield type game.

Havnt watched the trailer yet. But its the vibe im getting from reading other forums.

problem is most of these games are only good in clan matches. There is no tactical play in public. No arguement, its fact.

Bf2 and bf2142 had this problem. Huge amount of players, requires strategy but everyone goes solo and becomes very boring.

Yet its the best and most fun online game ive ever played in a properly run clan affair.

Doubt ill pick this up,

watched the video, looks decent enoug....but would have to seriously consider it, jsut got bf2142 up and running ( after years of its gay bug where it wouldnt elt me online) and its a bag load of fun)

http://status.kaosstudios.com/
    http://twitter.com/KaosMitch
    http://blog.kaosstudios.com/

Watch these links. I dont think that any of this is restricted (all my stuff auto logs in now, laziness :D) so you should be able to see it.
    BF2 and BF2142 were great and they had such great potencial but they were wasted cause most ppl did not know about the squads or did not understand the advantage. The squad thing in FFOW is good, very good .... bloody distractions lost my train of thought.,#
    There is a new update scheduled but was delayed cause we found some big bugs last min. They are fixing them now so we dont know when this will be (its always the same story with betas anyways you all know that) once the new update comes out we will see what changes they have made. I have some sugestions to make the squad element in the game more prevelent and easier to use so once the new update is in I'll post it. Thing with KAOS is that they actually listen and change things based on what the beta team tell them (not always clearly) but you know that if you post something that they will read it, talk about it and see if it would work. Then they tell you what they thought. Its not just an admin (or a couple of them) posting saying "yea sure no probs" and its all crap. The Devs are on the forums a lot. I think between the 20-30 Devs they have posted 300+ times. Its a pretty active place.

[DM]-TheDOC-, its one to watch. Open beta is due soon (no idea when but if I had to guess I'd say could be before Xmas) so keep your eyes open and see what you think

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

5000 beta keys available for PC be quick
    http://www.i3d.net/frontlines-signup.php

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

have had a key for ages haven't even bothered downloading it yet enjoying CoD4 way to much :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

ur not missing much, its a bit poo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Same as Grim. Just looks like 2142 and I hated that with a vengence, only played it for 2 days. COD4 is enough for me at the moment.

• Advertisement

For anyone interested there will be a PC Demo (Multiplayer) released in march

There is a Single and Multiplayer Demos for the Xbox. Note that the Xbox demos were based on betas (single player is early open beta and multi is later on) but still very playable

And probably my final post on the topic :)

Game release dates and more

Advertisement