Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tipp Road, flyover

Options
  • 25-11-2007 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭

What GENIUS is responsible that this new traffic system on the flyover??? Its just bloody dangerous at the moment!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,514 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Haven't been on that road for a while, what have they done?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

I'm guessing the OP is on about how you come up either of the sliproads and want to turn right to get onto the main Tipp to Limerick road.

It has been that way for a long time now, unless something new has happened. No thought went into the setup that was there, and how there are not more accidents there, I will never know. Mind you with the darker evenings and heavier seasonal traffic, it is worth avoiding anywhere near peak times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 jetrothull

new trafic lights ,i believe , on N24

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Xennon

Sorry I should have been more clear but i was in such disbelief as I drove home, traffic lights on an intersection that should have been a "full diamond" intersection from day one. But at the moment its a maze of traffic cones. Thats right up there with the pedestrian crossings on roundabouts and on bends.
    Traffic calming = lets make the road more dangerous

:eek:

Have not seen those traffic lights yet, I did see new traffic lights in Clarina today though, that should help make it even more of a bottle neck when the school traffic hits in the evening.

• Advertisement

These are the same rocket scientists who are going to close off the sliproad from the bypass to Childers Road (beside South Hilton).

Bloody hell.

Tis ART I say!!!...ART!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Will there be traffic lights either side of the on ramps? If not, I cant see it working.

Mr E wrote: »
    These are the same rocket scientists who are going to close off the sliproad from the bypass to Childers Road (beside South Hilton).

Bloody hell.

What is the story there? Is that the bit that turns left at the end of it and the traffic lights stop the right turn?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Kess73 wrote: »
    What is the story there? Is that the bit that turns left at the end of it and the traffic lights stop the right turn?

Hes referring to the Quality Hotel, not the the Hilton (its nicknamed the Southhill(ton))

• Advertisement

Jumpy wrote: »
    Hes referring to the Quality Hotel, not the the Hilton (its nicknamed the Southhill(ton))

I know. I was asking as to what is happening to the left turn there, if anything, and if he knows when that change is coming.

It was mentioned a few months ago on another thread. Let me see if I can find it.

Here it is...

Mr E wrote: »
    Here it is...

Thanks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 han68

After driving over some more cones yesterday morning early (around 5.20) someone came up with the idea to put some additional lighting in. (at least that was there when I came back home yesterday evening). But agree with the OP that the whole cone idea is an absolute shambles, the same is currently happening on the N7 Nenagh bypass. Cones over a stretch of a few miles and everyday cones are being knocked over and lying all across the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

and them county managers are amoung the highest paid in the country, according to the leader lately

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Put flyovers at x with entries and exits making the traffic lights redundant...damn traffic lights:mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

damn attachment!!

I have just driven from Cherbourg to Marseilles, my god what a joy!!, flyovers, flyunders, lanes marked with overhead signs, lights, propper warning signs...intelligent restrictions on areas with road works complete with concrete sperators..... Really shows how inept our road system is.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,314 ✭✭✭✭phog

Xennon wrote: »
    I have just driven from Cherbourg to Marsailles, my god what a joy!!, flyovers, flyunders, lanes marked with overhead signs, lights, propper warning signs...intelligent restrictions on areas with road works complete with concrete sperators..... Really shows how inept our road system is.

Yes, and if the Greens get their way the roads won't improve too much in the near future. Imagine the only 2 Irish cities connected by motorway are Dublin/Belfast, all the other roads connecting Dublin to the other cities have single lane traffic not to mention the other cities connecting to each other.

• Advertisement
Advertisement