Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Curragh

• 25-11-2007 2:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭

anyone got the results from today i been stuck in work so i couldnt get down to watch?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭ecoli

It was a very good sen womens race today, Britton opened a sizeable gap to take the title from Deirdre Byrne in 2nd place.
    In 3rd place was Linda Byrne and Pauline Curley was in 4th.

John Couglan was an impressive winner in the junior men's race.

French O'Carroll twins 1-2 in the junior womens race!

has anyone got any word on the mens race thou i dyin to know

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

1st Gary Murray
    2nd Garreth Turnbull
    3rd Mark Christie
    4th Vinny Mulvey
    5th Joe Sweeney
    6th Joe Mcalister (I think)

apologies for misspelling anybodies name

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,187 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

ecoli wrote: »
    It was a very good sen womens race today, Britton opened a sizeable gap to take the title from Deirdre Byrne in 2nd place.
    In 3rd place was Linda Byrne and Pauline Curley was in 4th.

John Couglan was an impressive winner in the junior men's race.

French O'Carroll twins 1-2 in the junior womens race!

has anyone got any word on the mens race thou i dyin to know

Murray
    Turnbull
    Christie
    Mulvey
    Sweeney
    McAllister

That's the top six. Next few I'm not sure of: Clohissey, Thornton, McCormack, Dennehy.

O'Neill led the junior race for a long time, but dropped out after Coghlan caught and passed him.

Edit: Beaten by a road runner! :)

take it that means no sign of cragg and all the rumours were jus rumours. that a big upset for o Neill who has been on amazing form thought he would have walked away with it and coughlan beat him?????? who second and third in that do ya know?

ecoli wrote: »
    who second and third in that do ya know?

Mulhare and Rooney.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 426 ✭✭DaveH

Turns out the Rummors where just rummors. Vinny Mulvey told me that Brendan Mooney from the Examiner rang him on Thursday and asked him about how the race would go and what he though Cragg's tactics would be.

Mooney rang him back 20 minutes later and told him Cragg wasnt running inter-counties or Euro X!!

Was down in the Curragh since 10.30 this morning as I had some work to do. Good day of athletics.
    Womens senior race was good. Britton only made a move from Deirde Byrne on the last lap.
    Junior Womens..well the French-O'Carroll girls and Huet will mean that the we shall have a very strong junior womens team.
    Junior Men...Brendan O'Neill dropped out with 600 meters to go to the amazement of the majority of the crowd. This was just after John Coughlan had passed him.
    John Coughlan won the Schools XCountry, the Inter-Club Junior and the Inter-County Junior title in the same year!
    Brendan O'Neill's selection is now in the air. Dave McCarthy is pre-selected.
    John Coughlan(Metero)
    Mulhare(North Laois)-sorry cant remember the lads first name
    Dave Roony(Raheny)
    Are the other automatics for the Euro X.

The senior Mens race was the best race of the day. A cracker of a race with Gary Murray added the 07 inter counties to the inter club he won this year.
    Murray burned off Christie who was caught in the last 800 Meters by Gareth Turnbull. 4th was Vinny Mulvey who is nearing a return to his best. 5th was Joe Sweeney 6th Joe McAllister, 7th Mick Clohessy(who won the jnr in 05, 8th Colm Rooney, 9th Cathal Deeney(won the jnr in 06). 10th Alan McCormack.

So the mens teams by my reckoning are
    Senior
    Murray
    Turnbull
    Mulvey
    McAlister
    Rooney
    McCormack

Under 23
    Christie
    Sweeney
    Clohessy
    Denehey
    I dont know who was 5th and 6th under 23. Mark Hanranhan was injured and didnt compete he should get pre-selected.

Just speaking to Mick Clohessy, according to him. Andrew Ledwith is pre-selected. Also Danny Darcy might get the nod.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

DaveH wrote: »

Junior Men...Brendan O'Neill dropped out with 600 meters to go to the amazement of the majority of the crowd. This was just after John Coughlan had passed him.

Yeah I was amazed at him dropping out myself. He was tiring all right but didn't seem in any distress to me. It's a pity because the team will be weaker without his presence.

DaveH wrote: »
    Mulhare(North Laois)-sorry cant remember the lads first name

its micheal glad to see him doing well this year he always been very strong in the cross

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Why no mention of Shane Quinn in the u-16?? Les from start to finish, and won in the end by about 400m, and thats only over 3k. A class athlete.

Jay P wrote: »
    Why no mention of Shane Quinn in the u-16?? Les from start to finish, and won in the end by about 400m, and thats only over 3k. A class athlete.

His fame preceeds him far and wide:

Post on Track and field news

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Rineanna

Jay P wrote: »

Hope he goes for the Steeple like his father, we need a good steeplechaser on the Men's side!

something tells me that he wont go for steeple there seems to be such a stigma attached to the event and many people consider this soft medals in national level. mind u anyone who says this obviously never done the event best event by far imo

Advertisement