Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Introduction To Psychology (PSY10050)

Options
  • 25-11-2007 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭

Anyone taking this? I missed the last, 'exam review' class.. Would like to know what was said about the content and format of the exam if anyone knows anything about it! I *think* it might be MCQ but that's as much as I know..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

I did it in first year. if its still the same it takes the form of 20 MCQs answer al, and 4 / 6 Short Answers.

Piece of Piss :D Just cram the blackboard notes and learn the big words. I got a B

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

Grimes wrote: »
    I did it in first year. if its still the same it takes the form of 20 MCQs answer al, and 4 / 6 Short Answers.

Piece of Piss :D Just cram the blackboard notes and learn the big words. I got a B

Happy days! I hate it, and always fell asleep in lectures.. Was convinced I was due a fail..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Ha! I did Cognitive aswell and made up the "fill in the blanks" part they had with funny words.

Wuzzlewuzzle and Hypercraps

Still got a D in that one

• Registered Users Posts: 21,388 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I thought intro to psychology course wasnt on till next semester, it being Child Development and Brain & Behaviour this semester. I know some people doing it next semester anyway, and I dont think I could pick it for this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭redcar

I went... go me... anyway there are 70 MCQ's and then an essay, now the essay isnt on any of the topics the last essay was on and she said there was a few other topics it wont be on either, but for the life of me I cant remember. I think its a choice of do one essay out of 3 or 4. I'll have a look at my notes laters and get back to ya.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Heya, I did intro to psych last year! It's a pretty easy exam to be honest. Not the most interesting one to take, well in comparison to social and applied psych (great courses)... but don't worry.

It's highly unlikely that u will fail. Nice n' easy. Good luck :D

Actually I did, mmm what was it, oh yea History of Psychology and Research Methods last year, how would Intro to Psychology fair against that exam does anyone know?

Hang on I thought we were told last year they didnt have an exam just two essays. :?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

History of Psych and Research Methods = SH*T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Did it in first year... worst module ever... Quantitative, Qualitative, me arse!

The history part wasnt too bad, it was relaxing sitting there listening to yer man basically just telling a story for 50 mins :) I slept many times during that lecture.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

waitasec...i did something about introduction of psychology too last year!but no mid term test,just 2 essays...B+ i was pretty pleased...locked myself in home a week for each essay...just kill me if they want me to do it again!:o

p/s:u have no idea how sh!t were those essay titles.....>_<

• Registered Users Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

Mushy wrote: »
    I thought intro to psychology course wasnt on till next semester, it being Child Development and Brain & Behaviour this semester. I know some people doing it next semester anyway, and I dont think I could pick it for this year.

Nope it's definitely on this semester! There's about 400 people taking it too..

Redcar, do let me know if you know what other topics wont be essays! (I really should have gone)... If it's a choice out of 3 or 4, then it should be pretty handy considering theres only ~8 or so possible topics anyway.. how many marks is the essay worth relative to the MCQ's?

• Advertisement

Right found my notes, the way it is broken down is 35% for the MCQ's and 25% for the essay. 70 MCQ's and 3 essay titles choose 1.

And the topics that the essays will come from are, History, Brain & Behaviour, Personality, Child Development and Social Influence.

Advertisement