Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't f**king believe it

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

You should get MS to email you the tags and then get UPS to pick it up asap. I traded in my old premium today for an elite and the guy in the shop never checked it. It was working ok though apart from the odd disk read error

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Ye're not exactly filling me with confidence as i am about to buy a 360(possibly a used one).BFassasin, where did you trade in???, so i'll avoid the place.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭quinnd6

I got 3 red rings on my 360 a couple of times

The problem for me was the power supply or the component cable wasn't plugged in right( a bit loose)

Once I pushed in the leads correctly all was okay.

I guess thats different to the red rings of death though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭Darwin

Just got mine back today with a new motherboard fitted. 20 days from pick up to return, not too bad I guess! Definitely going to trade it in for an Elite as I suspect it will break again

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

How much were they offering for the trade-in?

• Advertisement

Iknoe that until few weeks ago anyway gamestop would give you 260 for a permium(trade in credit). They possibly still give you that much

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭Darwin

Just back from Gamestop, they gave me 260 towards the Elite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭BFassassin

Yeah i got €260 for mine and i traded it in in Dundalk Zonda999 :)
    It works ok for most of the time. It just has problems reading slightly scratched disks sometimes

I'm down in CORK anyway theres no fear. I've decided to go for a new one (premium) alltogether because i like the sound of HDMI and there are some good bundle deals about if you shop around.I'll need to make sure that the one i get is a newer one with that hdmi port.Would most ones in shops have it at this stage in yere opinions????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Zonda999 wrote: »
    I'm down in CORK anyway theres no fear. I've decided to go for a new one (premium) alltogether because i like the sound of HDMI and there are some good bundle deals about if you shop around.I'll need to make sure that the one i get is a newer one with that hdmi port.Would most ones in shops have it at this stage in yere opinions????

It'll say it on the box whether or not it has HDMI.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I got my premium this year shortly before the Elite came out... is there much difference at all?

Also, does anyone know offhand what the Elite price is these days?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 HT2007

Now how do you explain it too a kid on Christmas Day! That Santa brought him a dodgy Xbox ...

What percentage of people have had this happen to them ??? 3 Red Rings ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭hanton12

HT2007 wrote: »
    Now how do you explain it too a kid on Christmas Day! That Santa brought him a dodgy Xbox ...

I have mine nearly 2 years, never had a problem with it. anyone I know personally (these boards dont count, I mean people who I have met!) hasnt had any problems either. While its highly documented that there is problems, you only hear of the bad stories. As I just said on another thread, people dont come on here telling everyone their xbox works, only ones who have a problem post messages about their current status. I for one havent had a problem, and I wouldnt exactly see it as a risk to getting a console.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,157 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

You can add me to the long list of casualties. That's the second xbox that's crapped out on me now. It was actually my 3rd as I swapped the original replacement I got as it had a few minor problems.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

hanton12 wrote: »
    I have mine nearly 2 years, never had a problem with it. anyone I know personally (these boards dont count, I mean people who I have met!) hasnt had any problems either. While its highly documented that there is problems, you only hear of the bad stories. As I just said on another thread, people dont come on here telling everyone their xbox works, only ones who have a problem post messages about their current status. I for one havent had a problem, and I wouldnt exactly see it as a risk to getting a console.

U just know when u turn it on tonight ur gonna get red lights... :D:D

I'm the same, I'd a launch day console that was used a hell of a lot and never had a prob with it. Traded it against an elite n thats grand... All my mates are the same. Although, one friend bought one and got the lights 3 days after, just brought it back n got a replacement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭hanton12

unklerosco wrote: »
    U just know when u turn it on tonight ur gonna get red lights... :D:D

I know, Murphys law and all that!:p

hanton12 wrote: »
    I have mine nearly 2 years, never had a problem with it. anyone I know personally (these boards dont count, I mean people who I have met!) hasnt had any problems either.

Up to recently I would've agreed with you. But mine bricked at the weekend, a mates has intermittent problems/failures in recent months(both of ours were bought in August last year) and a guy I worked with who had a launch console has recently started to get intermittent red rings.

Hence, pity for sob stories of red rings has turned into irritation as the problems become oh so real and personal.

HT2007 wrote: »

If I was buying a 360 from Santa I'd make damn sure it wasn't bricked by testing it beforehand.

Well, no shipping doc today either. So the guy did nothing.

Learned from another thread that they could've just mailed it to me. Called twice today but because I have A JOB I can't wait on f**king hold forever.

So I'll try again tomorrow. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,799 ✭✭✭Diceicle

Got the 3 red rings last night. My 360 is 11 months old and I didnt even move the damn thing. Was playing grand on Sunday and then on Tuesday I had an expensive footrest. Is this problem sorted on the elite?

• Advertisement

after nothing came I called them on Thursday morning. They had to cancel the order and restart a new one with the UPS label being e-mailed to me.

Cue Monday morning and I've received nothing. Called them again and they confirmed that nothing had been sent again.

So they cancelled the order and restarted again.

I asked could they tell me what issue was preventing the shipping labels going out to me?

'No'.

Will I definitely get this one?

'Please wait 48 hours. If you haven't received one then we will attempt to send one out again'.

Will this time spent waiting to get a label, with delays which are on your side, be counted against the repair time?

'No'.

I argued with her on this so she said she'd enter it but said

'it won't make any difference to repair time'.

I would've had to wait longer on hold to get to speak to a supervisor but I've bloody work to do.

So one week down. This is the THIRD repair order that's had to be put through. The fifth call (I had to give up twice cos I was on hold for so long).

And no closer to even submitting the console for repair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

When I called for my repair quad, I got into a bit of an arguement in relation to the warranty status.

Basically it would have expired whilst waiting for the lablels so they agreed to extend it by a few days.

Also they agreed to send the labels with the courier. The next day after the call, courier arrived with the labels, whacked them on the box and he took it.

Seeing as it's UPS who generate the shipping labels they will have them first.

As you've had such guff I'd give them a call and demand that the courier be dispatched and bring the labels.
    They had no problem doing this for me.

If need be I can PM you the ref number of my repair if they try to deny that ir can be done.

A-Trak wrote: »
    Also they agreed to send the labels with the courier. The next day after the call, courier arrived with the labels, whacked them on the box and he took it.

Seeing as it's UPS who generate the shipping labels they will have them first.

As you've had such guff I'd give them a call and demand that the courier be dispatched and bring the labels.
    They had no problem doing this for me.

If need be I can PM you the ref number of my repair if they try to deny that ir can be done.

That'd be great A-trak. Appreciate it. I'll try that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

could argue that he had it standing up, and its a well known fat vertical consoles gt bolloxed

could argue that he had it standing up, and its a well known fat vertical consoles gt bolloxed

Eh? Who could argue?

Anyway, just got the UPS label by e-mail there. Am just gonna bring the box to the UPS centre. There's one in Rathmines not so far away.

A-Trak, thanks for your help chief.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

quad_red wrote: »
    Anyway, just got the UPS label by e-mail there. Am just gonna bring the box to the UPS centre. There's one in Rathmines not so far away.

Jesus, they really messed you around, I have to say I had no problems with support or UPS

*touch wood* Fingers crossed* throws salt over right shoulder*

Here's hoping for a speedy return eh!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

quad_red wrote: »
    Eh? Who could argue?

A-Trak, thanks for your help chief.

Double check with UPS re: dropping off the parcel to Rathmines, I recall
    hearing that the UPS place in Rathmines is an agent and charges.

FYI, I phoned UPS at 9.30 on a Monday morning and the van had my parcel
    collected from my house be 12.00 the same day. I'm sure you could get them
    to collect from your workplace if that suits better. Again, I'd phone them
    before bringing it to Rathmines.

You're dead right Gran. The place in Rathmines charges a tenner for UPS to collect. So I called UPS directly and they were sound as a pound. They offered to collect this evening but I said tomorrow would be better. So they're collecting if from me at work tomorrow.

Sound.

And cheers Vegata - hopefully it'll be straight forward from here.... (famous last words, I know).

Microsoft, if you're listening, please send me back a nice new 65nm console.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Quad_Red, I just reckoned the last thing you needed was a trek to Rathmines
    to find out you'd have to pay!

I'm pretty sure I got my old machine back with some work on the motherboard
    and a replaced DVD drive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,157 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

My console has broke since I posted in this thread. Beware, this thread is cursed I tell you. Cursed

Advertisement