Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't f**king believe it

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

My console has broke since I posted in this thread. Beware, this thread is cursed I tell you. Cursed

Aw crap Dude!

It's nothing to do with me though! Yeah, I did sneak into your house and accidentally drop your console.

But like I said, I did that ACCIDENTALLY. :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭monomaniac

Hey quad_red - what a shty thing to happen! I had something similar - was planning on trading in a premium for an elite on launch in Aug. Unfortunately my premium's DVD drive fecked up a few weeks before hand.

Luckily I was able to find out how much i would get for a trade-in and agreed to sell the premium to a mate for the same price when I got the repaired console back. That way I was able to buy the elite straight away and didn't lose out on any bioshock time.

Hope it works out for you and the console arrives back before xmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

monomaniac wrote: »

Luckily I was able to find out how much i would get for a trade-in and agreed to sell the premium to a mate for the same price when I got the repaired console back. That way I was able to buy the elite straight away and didn't lose out on any bioshock time.

I did the very same thing, my console broke so I said, right, I am trading it in for an elite when it returrns from the repair centre

My girlfriend said she'd buy the repaired console at trade in price for her brother as long as I agreed to organise collection if it broke again. So 3 weeks later a brand new console with HDMI port arrives back from the repair centre.

Win win situation really

I thought about buying an Elite now, then trading in the returned Premium and get games etc. for it.

But

A) Knowing my luck Gamestop would stop taking trade in's before I got the console back.

or

B) They'll send me back my console which will still be bricked.

or

C) They'll send me a refurb which will be bricked.

Riigght.

UPS never turned up today.

• Advertisement

In what shall (hopefully) be my last post in this thread, my bricked 360 was finally collected today.

Gosh, that was easy! It only took a week and a half, five calls to Microsoft, two cancelled repair orders, three calls to UPS and finally collection.

Huzzah!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

sorry for what i'm about to post but it was the first thing i that came into my head as soon as i read your post :o

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=cU_9-uuKz0I

Clover wrote: »
    sorry for what i'm about to post but it was the first thing i that came into my head as soon as i read your post :o

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=cU_9-uuKz0I

Don't say that :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

Vegeta wrote: »
    So 3 weeks later a brand new console with HDMI port arrives back from the repair centre.
    Win win situation really

Really really really hoping the same happens me!
    Do they notify you that the repair\replacement has been shipped?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

hi - have you received an email with the tracking number on it ?
    if so - go to ups.com and see where its at.
    Mine was delivered to Germany on 27/11/07 after it was collected on the 22/11/07.
    I have no idea how long it stays in Germany before they ship it back to me.
    I'm having serious withdrawls.
    No PES, Guitar Hero, Golf, Cod, Halo........
    Devastated.
    Probably not goin to get it back now b4 Crimbo.:eek:

• Advertisement

mine was delivered to germany as well. was wondering about the return leg as they hardly use the same tracking number for the return journey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I phoned the Support number 2 weeks after it was collected and asked
    for the status of my repair. They informed me that it was on it's way
    back to me and they gave me the new tracking number for the Germany to
    Ireland part.

Got my XBox back just now from UPS. Can't wait to get it home to plug it in and start Halo 3. Really hope it's been fixed. They've sent back my original console stating that there was an issue with the motherboard which has now been fixed.
    3 weeks without it - not too bad really.
    Do the "fixed" machines often break again ?
    I'm so not putting the game back into it that was in it when it bricked.
    Not until I've had a skin full of Halo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

Tiger Woods by the looks of things!

Nah...Guitar hero 2

claiva wrote: »
    Got my XBox back just now from UPS. Can't wait to get it home to plug it in and start Halo 3. Really hope it's been fixed. They've sent back my original console stating that there was an issue with the motherboard which has now been fixed.
    3 weeks without it - not too bad really.

Good stuff! Didn't realise they explained what went wrong when they returned it.

I checked the MS support site yesterday and to my dismay it showed that Germany were still waiting for the console to arrive. It was collected on Wednesday after a week and a half of messing around. And the UPS tracking code says it was delivered!

Called today and they seemed very confused. I think the fact that they'd to cancel two previous repair orders and start again on my console has confused things. Anyway, all she could say was that she 'assumed' the console had arrived and the site just hadn't updated yet.

If the PS3 had more decent games I'd seriously consider one y'know. I ain't gonna shell out another 400 quid for something I've already bought.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

quad_red wrote: »
    If the PS3 had more decent games I'd seriously consider one y'know. I ain't gonna shell out another 400 quid for something I've already bought.

I picked up a PS3 when the same thing happened to me. To be honest it doesn't get any play now that my Xbox is back. Will pick up Uncharted though to give it a whirl:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,258 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

In what shall (hopefully) be my last post in this thread, my bricked 360 was finally collected today.

Gosh, that was easy! It only took a week and a half, five calls to Microsoft, two cancelled repair orders, three calls to UPS and finally collection.

Huzzah!!!

are you actually me, but when i think i'm asleep in a Fight Club kinda way?

I have had pretty much the exact same problems as you - my console broke at the begining of November (COD4 release day) and it only got collected last wednesday after many calls to Microsoft and UPS - including UPS not collecting it the day they said they would...

Kinda creepy....

On the plus side, I was told i'd be getting a brand new 360 back (not a refurb) and Gears of War, and a Play and Charge kit.

Hopefully I get my console back soon.

Brought my "fixed" xbox home last night and with some trepidation connected it back up to the tv.........happy to report that all is well and in working order.
    Phew.........
    Started my Halo campaign and had a few games of PES online.
    Happy out !!!
    23 days since I last logged into LIVE.
    Not a bad turnaround.
    I hope you guys gets yours back soon !!!!
    I got 1 month extra live membership for my trouble.
    How come some machines are replaced and goodies given aswell ?
    Is it if you are messed about ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,258 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

claiva wrote: »
    Brought my "fixed" xbox home last night and with some trepidation connected it back up to the tv.........happy to report that all is well and in working order.
    Phew.........
    Started my Halo campaign and had a few games of PES online.
    Happy out !!!
    23 days since I last logged into LIVE.
    Not a bad turnaround.
    I hope you guys gets yours back soon !!!!
    I got 1 month extra live membership for my trouble.
    How come some machines are replaced and goodies given aswell ?
    Is it if you are messed about ?

mine is getting replaced, and the goodies given, because it is the third time i am returning this particular console. At least that is what they told me after multiple phone calls demanding that I get more then just a 'fixed' console that breaks within a week as I had got previously?

• Advertisement

Tauren wrote: »
    are you actually me, but when i think i'm asleep in a Fight Club kinda way?
    On the plus side, I was told i'd be getting a brand new 360 back (not a refurb) and Gears of War, and a Play and Charge kit.

How?!?!?! :confused: The ***holes won't even confirm that they've received the thing on the phone to me. Despite UPS confirming they've delivered it. They weren't in the least bit apologetic for all the messing around, with the IT girl I spoke to the second time have the demeanor of an Indian Vicky Pollard.

mine is getting replaced, and the goodies given, because it is the third time i am returning this particular console. At least that is what they told me after multiple phone calls demanding that I get more then just a 'fixed' console that breaks within a week as I had got previously?

Oh right.

I guess I've got that to look forward to then :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Oh right.

I guess I've got that to look forward to then :rolleyes:

Mine currently in transit to Germany :mad:

at least I have the PS3 to fill in the time without 360

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭mox54

tell me this, I'm giving an x-box 360 as a pressie this christmas, is it that good and what do I need to get to make sure it connect properly on xmas day etc, thanks:)

Just checked MS support there. The device has arrived at the service centre! Huzzah!

Six days after UPS said it was delivered..... Does anyone else envisage a dock loaded up with stacks of bricked 360's and it taking a week just to register receiving them, never mind fixing them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,908 ✭✭✭Daysha

sounds like I'm one of the lucky ones here. Got my first RRoD there a few weeks ago, UPS picked it up pretty much the next day and exactly 2 weeks later (today) they returned it. No bad service tbh

deise59 wrote: »
    sounds like I'm one of the lucky ones here. Got my first RRoD there a few weeks ago, UPS picked it up exactly and exactly 2 weeks later (today) they returned it. No bad service tbh

Good for you bro. I suppose it's gotta work for some people. But I've found them blase, unhelpful and incompetent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

deise59 wrote: »
    sounds like I'm one of the lucky ones here. Got my first RRoD there a few weeks ago, UPS picked it up exactly and exactly 2 weeks later (today) they returned it. No bad service tbh

Pretty much identical to my recent experience dealing with MS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,416 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Yeh mines in germany as well at the moment. Not because of the rrod but because the disc drive laser decides it wants to read my games as dvds for some reason.... Anyways, does microsoft ring you/notify you in anyway after its fixed or do UPS just show up or your doorstep with the thing?

• Advertisement

i think you have to ring them. i rang yesterday and they said mine was repaired (was hoping for a replacement :() and was awaiting pickup by the courier and to ring back in a couple of days for a tracking number

Advertisement