Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't f**king believe it

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 767 ✭✭✭claiva

Hello gents,
    I got mine back this week and all is well.
    I'm afraid to play the game that was in it when I got the rrod though.
    Is there any connection between which game you were using at the time ?
    Do some games push it to its limits and sometimes it just gives up the ghost ?
    I'd be interested to know what game was in the console when people got the rrod.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

Mmmmmmmmm....

According to the MS site my 360 is now being delivered back to me.... :confused:

That's two days after they say they go it.

So - is this:

A) Meaningless mumbo jumbo from the support site meaning nothing. :rolleyes:
    B) Are they just sending me a replacement brand new console? :D
    C) Are they just sending me a refurb? :o
    D) Were the 3 red rings caused by some connection coming lose (as I've seen identified as one of the major issues) and has the journey to the factory wobbled whatever came lose back into place meaning it was working when they turned it on and they're just sending the thing back. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Have you checked if they've issued a tracking number?

Also has the serial number changed on the support site?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

My 360 delivered to Germany this morning:D, I'll keep an eye on how long it takes to change status.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

Germany had my 2nd returned 360 for 3 months altogether, don't hold you breath. I kept calling them a 3 week intervals and no joy...the last time I called them they said "Sorry Sir, we seem to have misplaced your Xbox and will have to send you a new one"......

14 weeks later my Xbox came home, mind you they threw in 3 free games and two wireless controllers but my Ghost Recon skills turned to sh1te cause I hadn't been playing for so long...

Would love to see that warehouse in Germany, I'd say every 360 on the planet has passed through there at some stage...

Anyhow, keep annoying the balls off them until you get it back. If you want to be a real smart ass like me send it back to them in a PS3 box......:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

quad_red wrote: »
    B) Are they just sending me a replacement brand new console? :D
    C) Are they just sending me a refurb? :o

You are getting a refurb....or possibly a brand spanking....

Note to those with Ring of Death....try wrapping your Xbox in a towel..worked for me a few times, not a permanent fix but will give you a few extra hours. Definitely don't mention to Micro$oft that you've done this....

http://www.gamestyle.net/news/2775

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

got mine back fairly quickly. seems to be a new one, manufacture date 2007-09-06. How does one check to see if it has the hdmi ports?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Smellyirishman

sweetie wrote: »
    got mine back fairly quickly. seems to be a new one, manufacture date 2007-09-06. How does one check to see if it has the hdmi ports?

Em, look at the back of the console for an HDMI port?

Checked the site and the serial number hasn't changed.

I called MS this morning to be told that they're systems were down for 'maintenance'. But they couldn't give me a time as to when this 'maintenance' would be over.

ie. Their systems are down AGAIN. Guys, I don't know how some of you had it easy with this bunch of dribbling morons.

A-trak, how were you issued with a tracking number? I haven't received any e-mails from them. Their site says it's on its way to me but their systems are down so I can't get any more information off them.

And that almost instantaneous turnaround doesn't exactly fill me with confidence :( The serial number remaining the same would indicate that I've got the same console.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Em, look at the back of the console for an HDMI port?

fanks, doesn't seem to be anything different on it. ah well. looking forward to finishing bioshock, i've nearly finished zelda:twilight princess during my break from the xbox and am hankering to shoot a few splicers :D

• Advertisement

got through to MS there. The console is awaiting collection by UPS and I have a tracking number. I won't be able to find out what was wrong/what was fixed until I receive the console.

So, it looks like I will have it back for Christmas....

An overview for those who can't be bothered with the rest of the thread.

Sun 25 Nov - Console gets 3 red rings
    Sun 25 Nov - Call MS who say they will send out UPS shipping label (Repair Order 1)
    Thurs 29 Nov - No label so I call MS. They cancel order and say they'll send out a shipping label by e-mail (Repair Order 2)
    Monday 3 Dec - No label by e-mail so I call MS again. They cancel the order and say they'll send out a a shipping label by e-mail (Repair Order 3).
    Shipping label received an hour later.
    Call UPS to arrange pickup
    Wednesday 5 Dec - UPS Collect console.
    Friday 7 Dec - UPS say console delivered. MS have no idea where it is.
    Tuesday 11 Dec - Call MS and they still have no idea where it is.
    Wednesday 12 Dec - MS support site confirms they have the 360.
    Friday 14 Dec - Console is awaiting collection from MS. MS give tracking number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭Scruff

M0ther fúcking cock sucking cúnts :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Got 360 back today and its fúcking 3Red ringing again. Hadjnt even the controllers connected and it had started. Though i might be doing something wrong but crashed and red ringed 4 times while trying to play COD4.
    Those fúckers are going to get an ear full

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

Ouch!

I'd give em both barrels scruff.

Scruff wrote: »
    M0ther fúcking cock sucking cúnts :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Got 360 back today and its fúcking 3Red ringing again. Hadjnt even the controllers connected and it had started. Though i might be doing something wrong but crashed and red ringed 4 times while trying to play COD4.
    Those fúckers are going to get an ear full

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Aw crap. :( That's absolutely ridiculous. I'd be demanded a new one after that.

As A-trak said, both barrels.

My tirade of abuse shall be put on pause. Disconnected and reconnected everything again and managed to play 20 mins without the red lights before a voluntary shut down. wont get it back again before chrimbo so will see if it re-occurs.

Scruff wrote: »
    My tirade of abuse shall be put on pause. Disconnected and reconnected everything again and managed to play 20 mins without the red lights before a voluntary shut down. wont get it back again before chrimbo so will see if it re-occurs.

I suppose you just gotta be philosophical about it :o Mine is back on Wednesday. And given the rapid turnaround time - I won't really be surprised if the same thing happens to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,258 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Anyone know what the story is if UPS bring the console back but there is no one to collect it off them? Is it possible to get them to deliver it somewhere else? Or a pickup centre it can be collected from, anything like that?

check on line at www.xbox.com/support or ring xbox support and to get your tracking number. Do this EVERY day after they receive it for repairs!!
    I had hassle getting mine back in that i rang on wednesday and they said it was ready for shipping but they hadnt a tracking number and to ring back later in the week. I checked online yesterday only to find that not only had i a tracking number but there had been a delivery attempt that i wasnt aware of the day after i had rang (thurday, no note in the door or phone call) and again on the Friday so they gave it to some neighbour of mine who signed for it!
    He did drop it in but only yesterday because as there was no car in the driveway over the weekend he thought noone was home. So i was deprived of it for the weekend. but that not too bad seeing as i think it might still be broke :(
    Wasnt expecting it to be delivered so fast but was at the least expecting UPS to ring or leave a note after the 1st delivery attempt :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭puffmullett

UPS are shams, I took a day off last Thursday to wait for my xbox to be delivered as their tracking said it was "in transit" from Dublin at 5am (I'm in Bray), no show, I phoned them on Friday morning to get it re-directed to work, then they called to my house on Friday afternoon (no one in) :mad:

Phoned again & they said it would be delivered on Monday (yesterday)...it is still in transit now:confused:

Update

My XBOX due back on Thursday

Was delivered to Germany last Friday, 14th and shipped off again yesterday 17th

allowing for the weekend its a very quick turnaround just like Quad_red's

So unless they have had so much practice they can repair quickly!!:rolleyes:

they must be sending a refurb/new

• Advertisement

UPS are shams, I took a day off last Thursday to wait for my xbox to be delivered as their tracking said it was "in transit" from Dublin at 5am (I'm in Bray), no show, I phoned them on Friday morning to get it re-directed to work, then they called to my house on Friday afternoon (no one in) :mad:

Phoned again & they said it would be delivered on Monday (yesterday)...it is still in transit now:confused:

I assumed that level of service given previous experience getting anything delivered so always use my work address:mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,258 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Just checked - my xbox was delivered to my neighbor today, so i'll get it off him tonight. Hopefully it is a new console like they promised me, and that it actually works.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭puffmullett

I can't believe this...they tried to deliver to my house for a second time!!!!

Riskymove wrote: »
    So unless they have had so much practice they can repair quickly!!:rolleyes:

they must be sending a refurb/new

Check the serial number on the MS site - is it the same as before or is it new?

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭friend and foe

well i had to send my xbox off there at the end of the summer as i got the three RROD... rang microsoft, asked them to email the tags... never did... was away from home for a couple weeks and couldn't send it off then... got back and rang them straight away, gave out a fair bit and they finally emailed me the tags. arranged for it to be collected from my job, all grand with that, picked up fine etc... time goes by... more time goes by... i've heard nothing... then one day my brother texts me asking if i've got it back yet... so i rang microsoft and they said it was "in transit" thought, grand, i'll have it in the next day or so... nuh-uh... rang them again two days later to be told it was delivered two weeks previous! had a massive argument that it wasn't delivered to my address, they said it was signed for and everything by some joe random, i lost the plot then asking what the **** were they gonna do about my 360 and they said "they'd have to check up on that"... was put on hold for about twenty minutes, i'm supremely pissed at this stage, and i get a phonecall on my mobile that a package was dropped off at a business across the road from me and they only got around to calling me as the guy who runs the place was off on holidays and it was in his office... hung up on microsoft and promptly rang straight back to demand to speak to a manager. put through to a supervisor/manager type, explained what had happened and what were they gonna do about it... they said they can't do anything as UPS had a signature from someone who's name isn't mine, at an address that isn't mine!!

rang back a half hour later, and said i'd located the 360 in a local business and that i wantyed compensation, so they sent me a wireless headset... bunch of f***ing morons!!!

they said they can't do anything as UPS had a signature from someone who's name isn't mine, at an address that isn't mine!!

Quality stuff there. That's pretty shoddy from UPS.

Called UPS there about delivery (which is still due for tomorrow... ) cos I want it delivered to my work (where it was collected from). I ain't taking a goddamn day off work to wait for it to be delivered. So they said that they could only deliver it to me at work AFTER they failed to deliver to my home address.

So I've got to wait till they try to call tomorrow (hopefully they won't give it to one of my bloody neighbours ala above) then call them at around 5 THEN give them my work address which they'll deliver to on Thursday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

well i had to send my xbox off there at the end of the summer as i got the three RROD... rang microsoft, asked them to email the tags... never did... was away from home for a couple weeks and couldn't send it off then... got back and rang them straight away, gave out a fair bit and they finally emailed me the tags. arranged for it to be collected from my job, all grand with that, picked up fine etc... time goes by... more time goes by... i've heard nothing... then one day my brother texts me asking if i've got it back yet... so i rang microsoft and they said it was "in transit" thought, grand, i'll have it in the next day or so... nuh-uh... rang them again two days later to be told it was delivered two weeks previous! had a massive argument that it wasn't delivered to my address, they said it was signed for and everything by some joe random, i lost the plot then asking what the **** were they gonna do about my 360 and they said "they'd have to check up on that"... was put on hold for about twenty minutes, i'm supremely pissed at this stage, and i get a phonecall on my mobile that a package was dropped off at a business across the road from me and they only got around to calling me as the guy who runs the place was off on holidays and it was in his office... hung up on microsoft and promptly rang straight back to demand to speak to a manager. put through to a supervisor/manager type, explained what had happened and what were they gonna do about it... they said they can't do anything as UPS had a signature from someone who's name isn't mine, at an address that isn't mine!!

rang back a half hour later, and said i'd located the 360 in a local business and that i wantyed compensation, so they sent me a wireless headset... bunch of f***ing morons!!!

Sounds like more of an issue with UPS rather than Microsoft... and yes I appreciate that UPS were contracted by MS.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭friend and foe

Sounds like more of an issue with UPS rather than Microsoft... and yes I appreciate that UPS were contracted by MS.

ah yeah i know it wasn't specifically MS's fault but i wasn't caring about that at the time... i bought a MS product, it broke...i sent it to MS to be fixed, they have the procedure in place to have it collected and delivered back... i didn't hire/contract UPS to collect/deliver... if they can collect it fine, i see no reason why they can't deliver it fine...

that and the fact that it was delivered two weeks before i found out, and i asked why they couldn't have rang me on my mobile when they delivered it elsewhere, or at least left a note through the letterbox... your phone number is printed on the return tag, along with your name and address, it's not as though you're uncontactable...

all in all, i wasn't happy with the service, but the 360 has been working fine ever since so at least MS can fix it properly :p

Quality stuff there. That's pretty shoddy from UPS.

Called UPS there about delivery (which is still due for tomorrow... ) cos I want it delivered to my work (where it was collected from). I ain't taking a goddamn day off work to wait for it to be delivered. So they said that they could only deliver it to me at work AFTER they failed to deliver to my home address.

So I've got to wait till they try to call tomorrow (hopefully they won't give it to one of my bloody neighbours ala above) then call them at around 5 THEN give them my work address which they'll deliver to on Thursday.

How absolutely moronic. Its laughable if they do that for security reasons especially if they are happy to hand it over to Joe Bloggs who lives\works near you after not being able to deliver it a 2nd time given that they dont even bother to contact you to say they tried or that they have handed over your delivery to someone else.

Actually come to think of it this is why i have got everything that woint fit through my letterbox delivered to my work address. I would have done the same with the xbox if the UPS idiots had bothered to notify me about the 1st delivery attempt.

Got a follow up call from UPS yesterday about the delivery after i rang wanting to know where exactly they had delivered it to and i did let them know that it was unacceptable that they did not attempt to contact me or leave a note. Yer wan said the driver should have and she have works with the depot. For all the good that will do....

• Advertisement

Check the serial number on the MS site - is it the same as before or is it new?

Unfotunately I had not registered on the site before sending it off so I don't know if its accurate now!!

I registered after I sent it off and it has never changed status, just says "no repair pending" even thought they have it!!:rolleyes:

Advertisement