Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I don't f**king believe it

1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 mad_max_power

I am not braggin or anything but i sent mine 10 days ago and according to the ups website it will be delivered back to me tomorrow. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,899 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

I am not braggin or anything but i sent mine 10 days ago and according to the ups website it will be delivered back to me tomorrow. :D

7-8 days seems to be turnaround from UPS collection for me and quad_red.......although we have not actually recieved them yet!!:D

certainly seems to be quick enough which is why we are hoping their current policy is just to give out nice new ones!!:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,258 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

i got mine back yesterday but i'm not happy.

They sent me my old console back, despite telling me several times that i would get a new console back.

Played COD4 for about 30mins last night and it was ok, so i'm not going to bother ringing MS about it - they might tell me to ship mine back to them and i have already been without the 360 since, basically, the begining of September. However, if it breaks again there will be hell to pay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 160 ✭✭puffmullett

Finally got "my" Xbox back yesterday evening, my kind neighbour dropped it in.

A word of warning for anyone sending flashed/hacked machines for repair, MS seem to be swapping the DVD drives as mine no longer plays "backups"!! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

It has returned! UPS guy came while my gf was at home!

In regards to what failed, the letter with it has the DVD-Drive and Motherboard boxes ticked.

The console works and doesn't appear to be quieter or louder.

So do I go and exchange it for an Elite now?!?!?!

• Advertisement

mine is boken again. SO ANGRY RIGHT NOW

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

Tauren wrote: »
    mine is boken again. SO ANGRY RIGHT NOW

sorry to hear that man , when i got my 360 back and i relised it was the same console i sent them i traded it in straight away as i had no faith in it.

I am thinking of doing that myself when i get it back again - but then i don't really want to give those MS F****** any more money for consoles that don't work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

i understand , thats why i traded it for a second ps3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 48 Yougart15

you guys think you're unlucky with 360's......im on numero 4 at the moment lol. the second time i sent it away it took 2 months for the console 2 come back....and it came back WITHOUT the power block.....which took another to months. After my 3rd one broke they gave me a brand new one and offered me free games but i literally just said " I WANT MY XBOX!" lol they gave me a brand new one. microsoft customer support reely improved after the germans took over

• Advertisement

Yougart15 wrote: »
    you guys think you're unlucky with 360's......im on numero 4 at the moment lol. the second time i sent it away it took 2 months for the console 2 come back....and it came back WITHOUT the power block.....which took another to months. After my 3rd one broke they gave me a brand new one and offered me free games but i literally just said " I WANT MY XBOX!" lol they gave me a brand new one. microsoft customer support reely improved after the germans took over

they told me there was no chance they would give me a new console, the jerks.

quad_red wrote: »
    It has returned! UPS guy came while my gf was at home!

In regards to what failed, the letter with it has the DVD-Drive and Motherboard boxes ticked.

The console works and doesn't appear to be quieter or louder.

So do I go and exchange it for an Elite now?!?!?!

I reckon its the best thing to do...mine is due back today

Is there any obvious sign its been refurbed? Is seal still intact? Do Gamestop care???

Riskymove wrote: »
    I reckon its the best thing to do...mine is due back today

Is there any obvious sign its been refurbed? Is seal still intact? Do Gamestop care???

Y'know, I hadn't checked that. I don't think there are any signs.

I am so broke at the moment and like Tauren, I don't think I want to give those robbing b**tards MS any more goddamn money.

And what would the extra 200 quid get me? The hdmi is of no use to me and the bigger hard drive wouldn't really make any difference to me.

All I want is something goddamn reliable and preferably quieter.

Y'know, I hadn't checked that. I don't think there are any signs.

I am so broke at the moment and like Tauren, I don't think I want to give those robbing b**tards MS any more goddamn money.

And what would the extra 200 quid get me? The hdmi is of no use to me and the bigger hard drive wouldn't really make any difference to me.

well I have a PS3 that has filled in the time for me since XBOX out of commission but I really think the XBOX games are more fun especially online

having said that I am also investing in a Wii for Christmas so that might keep me occupied but I do think I'll want my XBOX!!

Elites/Falcon seem to be more reliable with the RROD issue so I think I'll go for that rather than have my XBOX die again!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,568 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Am on my 2nd Elite, first started freezing after 15 hours use (well ventilated and the 15 hours was over the space of a month) - so reliability is not guaranteed.

As for quietness, my first elite (manufactured in July) was actually louder than my previous premium. so quietness is not guaranteed either.

If it wasn't for the HDMI (which is great for me) I'd be regretting that i traded in my old premium. Actually regret not trading in the premium for a hdmi enabled core and picking up a cheap hdd.

I've decided that I'll stick with the premium. What's the point laying out more dosh for something that can apparently still go bust?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,993 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

UPS are crap really are, they employ subcontractors in vans who don't give a crap who signs for deliveries, I had issues with them this time last year on some PC components that were sent from the US to me I got a call saying there was some custom clearance charges on the delivery so I take the option to pay cash to the driver when he calls, anyway he calls with the parts, I get the cash and he looks like he's not expecting it, anyway luckily he signs the green docket he gives to me saying paid cash. For the next six months I get monthly letters saying I owe cash, I ring their accounts and they tell me they would sort it out but they don't and the letters get more serious about taking me to court etc, so I made sure to get through to accounts superviser and bollok them out of it and send a scanned copy of docket by email to them. Finally the letters stop.
    But just goes to show how bad they can treat people.

Console delivered to office this morning

hopefully I get to use it for a while before it has another fit:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Mikebyrne

Has anyone had the cheek to send back a modded 360??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,993 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Mikebyrne wrote: »
    Has anyone had the cheek to send back a modded 360??

Think someone on xboxscene did it, they just swapped it out, as long as u don't damage the case and u manage to get the hologram off and back on without distroying it they might fix it for u without checking the firmware on the 360 has been modded or not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭A-Trak

As the title says "I don't f**cking believe it!"

Just home after spending Christmas at the folks and girlfriends, I was about to settle down to get stuck into my christmas games, COD4 & Mass Effect COD4 froze 3 times in a row with a red checkerboard pattern on the screen.

When rebooted, kablam! - RRoD.

The feckin things only 3 weeks back from it's last repair.

Bastard.
    Well at least I've a nice box to send it back again in this time.:(

A-Trak wrote: »
    When rebooted, kablam! - RRoD.

Aw feck A-Trak. That sucks.
    A-Trak wrote: »
    Well at least I've a nice box to send it back again in this time.:(

GF asked why the dirty white box my 360 was returned in is still in the hall and I hadn't thrown it out...

Advertisement