Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

parking fine.

Options
  • 25-11-2007 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭

Well I am living in an estate next to a college and as you can imagine student parking is a disaster. So they had single yellow lines put down on one side of the road. Now I left my car outside the house on a yellow line and got a €40 fine. My question is do I have any rights cause it was outside my home or do I just have to shut up and pay up? Anyone experience this before?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

It's a public road, you have no additional rights to park there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Tomas_V

rob316 wrote: »
    My question is do I have any rights cause it was outside my homeThanks
    You have no special right to park on the road space outside your home. But sometimes, parking restrictions in housing estates have concessions for genuine residents. You'd buy have to buy a permit, I think. But maybe no such scheme operates where you live.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,099 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Ya i was a bit annoyed at first but ill just go pay it now and learn my lesson. I mean we have 3 cars and a transit hicube kinda hard to keep them all in the drive at once so parking on the road was the only option, have to sort something else now. thanks for the replies

Advertisement