Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

interior trim paint

Options
  • 25-11-2007 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭

I need some cream coloured paint for painting my interior. It needs to have a matt finish and be the type of paint that is flexible enough not to crack. I got some trim paint in Halfords when I was doing the centre console and wasn't overly impressed with it.
    I saw a CRX last night at cool nights that had the interior painted, it loked like a factory finish, unfortunately I couldn't find the owner to ask what paint was used. I know the prep work is as important as the materials,
    I think Foliatec do interior trim paint, but have never seen it in the colour I want.

Anyone got any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭FiSe

Sorry for late reply...
    The only thing which you will need is "plastic" primer. Primer for soft plastic, you should be able to get it in a can or in the thin. I have one made by Glasurit, but other brands do it as well.
    Get all parts lightly sanded, cleaned, degreased. Spray plastic primer let it dry and then use any paint you'd like.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

colm_mcm wrote: »
    I saw a CRX last night at cool nights that had the interior painted, it loked like a factory finish, unfortunately I couldn't find the owner to ask what paint was used.
    Obviously wasn't mine, the previous owner who painted the trim didn't do that impressive a job (it's all coming out soon)

Advertisement