Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MAC 11 - side ejecting

Options
  • 25-11-2007 5:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭

i bought a mac 11 recently and it fired fine for the first couple a mags, then it started ejecting anything from 5 to 25 bbs out the ejection port.
    i would empty a mag with just two pulls of the trigger, regardless of whether it was semi or full.
    i have oiled the gun propperly but not excessively, and have tried every trick about loading the mag & only inserting when the bolt is open ect.
    any ideas because its actually ridiculous, ive just paid for a gun which essentially will not opperate anyway reliaibly at all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34,831 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

kinkstr wrote: »
    i bought a mac 11 recently and it fired fine for the first couple a mags, then it started ejecting anything from 5 to 25 bbs out the ejection port.
    i would empty a mag with just two pulls of the trigger, regardless of whether it was semi or full.
    i have oiled the gun propperly but not excessively, and have tried every trick about loading the mag & only inserting when the bolt is open ect.
    any ideas because its actually ridiculous, ive just paid for a gun which essentially will not opperate anyway reliaibly at all.

Welcome to the painful world of the Mac 11 :(

I had the exact same problem myself. It can be many many things. From the bbs not being stacked correctly, the over lubrication and the rubbers swelling.

Did you do a complete strip down? bolt and all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

yes ive done everything, full strip, lubed, de-lubed, aboslutely everything.
    its kinda hard to believe that a gun with such problems would be so popular.

Master of the Universe

its kinda hard to believe that a gun with such problems would be so popular.

Well, I do warn people ;)

It's not a beginner piece. Actually, there's a warning on wolfarmouries saying just that.

When it works its the most fun GBB out there to fire. So it's popular in that regard. But when it doesn't....grrr :mad:

When were you firing it anyway? In this temperature? What gas were you using? I find in this weather mine doesn't blow back properly. Works well in the summer. Also doesn't fire correctly on green but works good with propane.

I think a lot of my own problems are down to mag freeze. I only have the one mag. Whenever it gets taken out to HRTA, it fires fine for about two - three mags but after that it wont blow back properly. It happens mostly during the colder months. I've been meaning to buy another couple of mags for the last year now to see if that's the problem.

One thing I did read which is meant to help it out, lithium grease. You can put this inside the bolt mechanism and it's meant to improve the cycling quite a bit. Something I have also yet to do.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

get some of them microwaveable hand warmer things, then fill the mag when its cold and keep it on your pocket with the warmers on it, the heat from them expands the gas inside giving it more pressure and it fires a lot better., im not sure if thats the exact problem your having with your Mac 11 as i dont have one of them but this solution refers to all guns using gas,., works great on my stuff., :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭monksavage

I bought one of these not long ago and ive been having the same problem lately, worked fine at first but now im always getting most of the mag coming out the side of the gun. I tink the mag mite be at fault, its as if the bbs are not being held in securely enought. When one pops out they all go.

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

monksavage wrote: »
    I tink the mag mite be at fault, its as if the bbs are not being held in securely enought. When one pops out they all go.

Exact same thing was happening to me.

Another thing which can cause it is the bbs themselves. Excel as far as I know are a tiny bit smaller in diameter than some other brands. Because of this, the lip doesn't grip them properly and they shoot out. Well, that's my theory anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

Mines fired flawlessly for me using 2-3 different brands of BB's
    Guess I have been lucky for once.

Lovely bit of Kit just cant seem to get a silencer for it
    via the Irish websites.

~B

Master of the Universe

bullets wrote: »
    Lovely bit of Kit just cant seem to get a silencer for it
    via the Irish websites.

~B

Derek at MIA said a while ago that he'd be getting them in. Might be worth getting in contact. They really do make the piece.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 212 ✭✭monksavage

Yeah ive only been using excell bbs in mine, tried some cyma bbs today n da mac is flying it now. Measured the bbs wit a digital mic and da cyma ones are 0.05 mm bigger diameter and they stay in the mag not a bother.

You shud try a few different types a bbs KINKSTAR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭kinkstr

Nice one i may try that next time i buy bb's.
    Cheers Monk:)

• Advertisement
    Master of the Universe

monksavage wrote: »
    Yeah ive only been using excell bbs in mine, tried some cyma bbs today n da mac is flying it now. Measured the bbs wit a digital mic and da cyma ones are 0.05 mm bigger diameter and they stay in the mag not a bother.

You shud try a few different types a bbs KINKSTAR
    Nice one i may try that next time i buy bb's.
    Cheers Monk:)

I already suggested that!

Nobody listens. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

o1s1n wrote: »
    I already suggested that!

Nobody listens. :p

come again? :confused:

Advertisement