Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Metallica World Tour 2008

• 25-11-2007 5:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭

I wonder will we get an Irish date from Metallica next year? If so, where would you like to see them play???

I would really love to see 'em play Slane!

Well, I can dream, can't I??

:D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

pretty much guaranteed that its gonna be metallica in the rds with 2 or 3 more acts, you know the usual carry on id wager.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

Patricide wrote: »
    pretty much guaranteed that its gonna be metallica in the rds with 2 or 3 more acts, you know the usual carry on id wager.

I know...:rolleyes:

Clutching at straws, I am.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Drummer in Need

Metallica can't sell out the RDS at the best of times, so forget Slane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Is this definately happening? Maybe they'd play Marlay Park or Malahide, somewhere different at least. And with a smaller crowd, it'd be fine. Maybe if needs be do two dates. For me, I'm gonna say they'll play Werchter again, then that shall be my dose of Tallica for the year again.

Mushy wrote: »
    Is this definately happening? Maybe they'd play Marlay Park or Malahide, somewhere different at least. And with a smaller crowd, it'd be fine. Maybe if needs be do two dates. For me, I'm gonna say they'll play Werchter again, then that shall be my dose of Tallica for the year again.

No. I was saying that I wish it would happen!? Can't really see 'em selling enough tickets to fill Slane, though.

I can only dream.

• Advertisement

No. I was saying that I wish it would happen!? Can't really see 'em selling enough tickets to fill Slane, though.

I can only dream.

Ah alright. Just when you said "I wonder will we get an Irish date next year", I thought they may have announced something. If the albums does come out before summer, I'm guessing they will play, after skipping this year.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

The new album is supposed to be coming out in February so they will more than likely be doing the european festivals next year

feylya wrote: »
    The new album is supposed to be coming out in February so they will more than likely be doing the european festivals next year

I for one can't wait to hear what sort of an influence Rob Trujillo brings to Metallica's music/songwriting.

feylya wrote: »

Thats exactly my line of thinking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Thundercracker

I dont care if they dont come back next year, and I dont care if Im the only one saying that, I really dont. I dont think they did themselves any favours with St Anger and I think that touring 3 times after that has given us enough of Metallica for the rest of the decade. Metallica are a band that you need to see once every 4 years or something, you need to apprichate that they dont just show up every couple of years, and it spoils their sound and their atmosphere when they do.

• Advertisement

so true, luckily i only saw em 2 out of the 3 tims so id be ready to see them again next year........providing the album is better than st anger. Which it probrably will cause nothing can be worse than st. anger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,969 ✭✭✭buck65

Are they not doing the Gleneagle for the Xmas season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭Brian_Uckfast

I dont care if I'M the only one saying THIS...I really dont...

I just dont understand why some of you dont like St. Anger.
    It puzzles me...I mean, show me any album EVER made thats anything like it.

You can't.

Anywho...back to the point of the thread, I agree that Metallica are a great band to see live. James is such an awesome frontman, and Rob is hilarious for some reason. But I think Lars is SERIOUSLY lacking these days. He's just a rock drummer now. He doesn't play thrash anymore. And Kirk just doesnt seem inspired anymore.....BUT I guess all will show in the next record!!

gleneagle what?! i take it this is sarcasam? also yea true you cant compare it to nothing else, but that really isnt a good thing. In allfairness if it was produced differently it wouldnt have been as terrible but that doesnt make it decent. I feel like it was just missing inspiration on most levels. i mean look at james's lyrics for invisible kid jeesus h christ there terrible. anyway lets not get onto another ST anger is crap thread cause theres already been quite a few to say the least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

Patricide wrote: »
    gleneagle what?! i take it this is sarcasam? also yea true you cant compare it to nothing else, but that really isnt a good thing. In allfairness if it was produced differently it wouldnt have been as terrible but that doesnt make it decent. I feel like it was just missing inspiration on most levels. i mean look at james's lyrics for invisible kid jeesus h christ there terrible. anyway lets not get onto another ST anger is crap thread cause theres already been quite a few to say the least.

The Irish National Events Centre (INEC) is a part of the Gleneagle hotel in killarney...

Lars either cant play thrash anymore or is too lazy... i think its the latter because he refuses to play the most simple double bass patterns (in leper messiah for example) anymore. What gets under my skin is people who say he's a terrible drummer, because once upon a time he rivaled lombardo as one of the great metal drummers. I think that master of puppets and ajfa clearly show that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Yeah but since then he hasn't really progressed an awful lot especially for the amount of years he's been playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

never mind bout metallica allthough they are great live they are no Iron Maiden. that is the band you wnat to go and see live. alltough i wouldnt mins seen metallica play only seen them 2 out of the last 3 times.Anyone like dream theatre?

villains77 wrote: »
    never mind bout metallica allthough they are great live they are no Iron Maiden. that is the band you wnat to go and see live. alltough i wouldnt mins seen metallica play only seen them 2 out of the last 3 times.Anyone like dream theatre?

Iron Maiden...touring the second series of four albums next year(playing Twickinham).

Search the forum...riddled with Dream Theater fans. Ah Wembley...how I miss it!

I'm not sure I'll bother going to see Metallica next year(if they play). Unless its a festival(not in Ireland obviously), and theres nothing else on. Not as into them, although I'm sure if they were playing soon, I'd be excited about it too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

That_Guy wrote: »
    Yeah but since then he hasn't really progressed an awful lot especially for the amount of years he's been playing.

He hasn't progressed at all!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭Silent Partner

I've seen them live three times (the last three times they've played the RDS).
    I would love to see them tour next year. Depending on the new album, I would really like to see them play new stuff live. They didn't really play any of St. Anger any time I've seen them (apart from "St. Anger" & "Frantic"). The 3 gigs I've seen were sort of Greatest Hits gigs (no complaints here though :))
    Without trying to re-ignite the "St. Anger, yay or nay?" debate, I firmly believe that you get a greater appreciation of that album while watching "Some Kind Of Monster".

I do think their new album will be a complete step away from that stuff though and I absolutely cannot wait to hear it.

• Advertisement

I do think their new album will be a complete step away from that stuff though and I absolutely cannot wait to hear it.

"Lars is a good friend of mine. He played me the demos from San Francisco, and I turned and looked at him and I said, "Master that **** and put it out." It's ridiculous. The demos were sick. Eight-minute songs, all these tempo changes, crazy fast. "It's like, 'Dude, don't get slower when you get older, but don't get faster!? How are you gonna play this live?' And then me and Lars were out partying all night, and he had to go in the studio the next day and do this stupid like nine- or ten-minute song, and I was laughing at him — because he played me the demo of it, and it was [sings really fast drum part], so fast
    Matt Sorum, ex-Guns N Roses, current Velvet Revolver drummer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭Silent Partner

I had heard that as well. I think the addition of Rob into the recording process as well as Rick Rubin coming in instead of Bob Rock will breathe a whole new life into Metallica.
    I've heard so many people saying, "Why don't they just do the stuff like they did on Master of Puppets or Ride the Lightning?"

What I'd really like to hear is the natural evolution of Metallica from those early stages. Take elements of every album they've recorded, through it all together and see what happens. Can you imagine a hybrid of Metallica circa. the first 4 albums combined with Metallica circa. the Black Album, the Load album and a sprinkling of St. Anger.

Oh dear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

they're confirmed for rock am ring and rock im park;http://www.metallica.com/index.asp?item=600550

here's hoping they add an irish date although a trip to wembley again wouldn't be too bad:D

Yeah a Wembley date would be nice, Irish date would kinda ruin things, as Ive stated before

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

I'd love to see them live again, I hope the new album is good, it should be. They might feel like proving a point!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

Personally,I love EVERY Metallica album!I have a wide range of musical tastes(but i do hate dance,most rap and pop) so maybe that is why!

I really hope they play around June 13th/14th,day after I finish my Leaving Cert!!!

FFS,why do music promoters book massive concerts/gigs during the ****ing LC and JC.I missed the Irish Download '06 because of my JC...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Personally,I love EVERY Metallica album!I have a wide range of musical tastes(but i do hate dance,most rap and pop) so maybe that is why!

ah, so you like Rock *AND* Metal? that's very varied alright.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Im sure they will hit ireland in '08, i heard they wont be playing on discworld anyway. No sockets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Personally I wouldn't have any interest if they came back. I've seen them twice at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

Mordeth wrote: »
    ah, so you like Rock *AND* Metal? that's very varied alright.

some country,some easy listening

i really meant the artists i listen to are varied,from Jack L to Slipknot..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement