Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Metallica World Tour 2008

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

faceman wrote: »
    Im sure they will hit ireland in '08, i heard they wont be playing on discworld anyway. No sockets.

they do have demons though, tiny ones...

and wizards

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

Where did you hear this?

Marlay Park is a **** venue IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ninigp

St Anger What A Shame!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

lord lucan wrote: »
    they're confirmed for rock am ring and rock im park;http://www.metallica.com/index.asp?item=600550

here's hoping they add an irish date although a trip to wembley again wouldn't be too bad:D

They've also announced a gig in Poland, and another in Holland, I think?? So, I'd guess an Irish date won't be too far away from being announced....??

I got my ticket for Velvet Revolver yesterday too:-)

Can't wait.

Mr.S wrote: »
    Yep their confirmed for Pinkpop in the Netherlands.

my source tells me their working on getting them for Budirisng, but would settle for "that festival"

What "festival"???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

What "festival"???

Metallica wont play "that festival", not their style tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Mr.S wrote: »
    Yep their confirmed for Pinkpop in the Netherlands.

my source tells me their working on getting them for Budirisng, but would settle for "that festival"

Pinkpop? Along with RATM. It definately wouldnt surprise me now to see them at RW again(although hopefully not). It'd be cool if they played Budrising, be a bit different than RDS anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

prague has been added,june 3rd at slavia pragues ground,could be a fun weekend:D

Metallica wont play "that festival", not their style tbh.

I reckon they'll do what they always do here - play their own headline gig. I'd say it will be the RDS again............

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭Magic Eight Ball

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

imagine going to all that trouble! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

I doubt that took much trouble at all

Funny now if Tama sued whoever did it for mplying they make crap drums.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭fluke

Metallica are affiliated with aiken promotions, so they most likely will not be doing that festival.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

jaysus lads metallica live from rock am ring 2006 i think it was , was on last night...and as a fan of the band , I WOULD NOT WANT THEM TO COME HERE!!!!!!
    it was ****ng terrible, james was singing off key an awful lot , lars being his usually shtty self(somebody please take him out from behind the kit),hammets soloing was the roughest i have ever heard him play..ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭SxE Punk

Unless they're bringing some great support, or offering support to a great Irish metal band, I couldn't care either way about a woen out, washed up, bunch of greedy musicians whose best days are so far behind them they should change the band's name.

I'm not tryin' to cause offense or anything, but they can't even play their classic tunes to a decent standard anymore, whats the point?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

SxE Punk wrote: »
    Unless they're bringing some great support, or offering support to a great Irish metal band, I couldn't care either way about a woen out, washed up, bunch of greedy musicians whose best days are so far behind them they should change the band's name.

I'm not tryin' to cause offense or anything, but they can't even play their classic tunes to a decent standard anymore, whats the point?

+1

I can never understand the metallica fanboyism either, which there seems to be quite a bit of from a few people around here. Whatever I suppose...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

SxE Punk wrote: »

I shouldnt even go down this road but anyway. Why not elaborate on your post? How are they greedy? Presumably you are implying they are greedier than other musicians? How is that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27 SASQUATCH

This thread definitely belongs in the philosophy department, by the looks of things.
    James Hetfield is a fukkin d1ck,
    Lars Ulrich can't play the drums, and never could,
    I suppose Kirk hammet is alright though, he's very sensitive , emotionally Intelligent and has wizard's fingers.
    The bassist? The guy who died, he was a fukkin awesome bassist;
    the others; whatever.
    I thought some kind of monster was the funniest, most pathetic,separated from
    reality piece of weird sh1t iv ever seen.
    This is my opinion of metallica I have arrived at after careful pondering,
    which I believe is a philosophical requirement.
    They don't seem to know when to let go, it don't look like their fans do either.
    The time to abandon ship is long past; its been rotting at the bottom of the ocean for years already

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

jaysus lads metallica live from rock am ring 2006 i think it was , was on last night...and as a fan of the band , I WOULD NOT WANT THEM TO COME HERE!!!!!!
    it was ****ng terrible, james was singing off key an awful lot , lars being his usually shtty self(somebody please take him out from behind the kit),hammets soloing was the roughest i have ever heard him play..ugh.

That mut have been the 2003 RAR performance. At the time it was amazing, but when I heard it back it showed how rusty they were. They have greatly improved since then. At Wembley last July it was the best I had heard them play for a long time and I inculde 1999 Dublin in that

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

And they were quality in the RDS in 06.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

Mushy wrote: »
    Iron Maiden...touring the second series of four albums next year(playing Twickinham).

Search the forum...riddled with Dream Theater fans. Ah Wembley...how I miss it!

I'm not sure I'll bother going to see Metallica next year(if they play). Unless its a festival(not in Ireland obviously), and theres nothing else on. Not as into them, although I'm sure if they were playing soon, I'd be excited about it too.[/quote

who did you see in wembley. was there once at the old wembley for the fa cup semi final villa v bolton and we won 5-3 on penos bk in 2000. savage weekend in london was had by all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭villains77

well i think metallica are still good live. but more into iron maiden. hope they play here agian allready on 4 gigs. best live band around from the 80's alltough i saw dream theater in paris with within-temptaion supporting maiden and i have a few D T dvds and live cds. class band. hope they play here some time

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭SxE Punk

villains77 wrote: »
    ...best live band around from the 80's...

Slayer.

SASQUATCH wrote: »
    This thread definitely belongs in the philosophy department, by the looks of things.
    James Hetfield is a fukkin d1ck,
    Lars Ulrich can't play the drums, and never could,
    I suppose Kirk hammet is alright though, he's very sensitive , emotionally Intelligent and has wizard's fingers.
    The bassist? The guy who died, he was a fukkin awesome bassist;
    the others; whatever.
    I thought some kind of monster was the funniest, most pathetic,separated from
    reality piece of weird sh1t iv ever seen.
    This is my opinion of metallica I have arrived at after careful pondering,
    which I believe is a philosophical requirement.
    They don't seem to know when to let go, it don't look like their fans do either.
    The time to abandon ship is long past; its been rotting at the bottom of the ocean for years already

Primus are one of the most musically talented bands in the rock world. They suck so bad though

They've just announced on their website that they're playing in Rock In Lisbon, so I reckon we can't be too far away from an announcement of an Irish date.......?

LINK: http://www.metallica.com/index.asp?item=600601

villains77 wrote: »
    Mushy wrote: »
    Iron Maiden...touring the second series of four albums next year(playing Twickinham).

Search the forum...riddled with Dream Theater fans. Ah Wembley...how I miss it!

I'm not sure I'll bother going to see Metallica next year(if they play). Unless its a festival(not in Ireland obviously), and theres nothing else on. Not as into them, although I'm sure if they were playing soon, I'd be excited about it too.

who did you see in wembley. was there once at the old wembley for the fa cup semi final villa v bolton and we won 5-3 on penos bk in 2000. savage weekend in london was had by all.

Sorry man, I meant the Wembley Arena. Saw Dream Theater there in October, same day as England-Estonia aswell actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 domdom

well ive seen metallica the last 3 times in the rds and they were class. I was researching the dates and the rds calander of events and i noticed that metallicas lastest date annocued is the 8th of june Nurnberg, Germany. In the rds calender of events the 8th to the 11th are free and the 12th to the 14th is a confrence of some sort. Then then the 15th to the 27th are free.

If i had to put my money on a date for metallica to play rds it would be the 15th of june because they are probably gonna headline the 14th of june in download festival and they are strongly rumoured for that.

Just a thought i hope im right.

id rather a change in venue to be honest, something a bit more intimate.

Or my back garden

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

domdom wrote: »
    well ive seen metallica the last 3 times in the rds and they were class. I was researching the dates and the rds calander of events and i noticed that metallicas lastest date annocued is the 8th of june Nurnberg, Germany. In the rds calender of events the 8th to the 11th are free and the 12th to the 14th is a confrence of some sort. Then then the 15th to the 27th are free.

If i had to put my money on a date for metallica to play rds it would be the 15th of june because they are probably gonna headline the 14th of june in download festival and they are strongly rumoured for that.

Just a thought i hope im right.
    I sincerely do hope you are right because my leaving cert finishes 12 June!Any date before that=DISASTER

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement