Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Metallica World Tour 2008

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

hhhhmmmmmmmmmm,the killers are headlining reading on the saturday night and leeds on the sunday. could it be they do a reading spin-off like 2003 when metallica,linkin park and the darkness came over as a irish spin-off of the leeds and reading festivals. the plot thickens;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,647 ✭✭✭✭Mental Mickey

lord lucan wrote: »
    hhhhmmmmmmmmmm,the killers are headlining reading on the saturday night and leeds on the sunday. could it be they do a reading spin-off like 2003 when metallica,linkin park and the darkness came over as a irish spin-off of the leeds and reading festivals. the plot thickens;)

Good thinking. Think I'll be avoiding the other gigs in favour of Metallica though.......? The Killers?? YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEUUUUUUUUUUUUUCHHHHHH
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,576 ✭✭✭lord lucan

metallica could play wednesday night with say rage and slipknot,leave the killers and other indie bands for thursday night,everyones a winner:D

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

Hope they fit us in somewhere!!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Here's hoping they do a weekend gig here?? I was f****d after the last time they came here...........AND Guns N'Roses were on the same weekend.

I've just been looking at the line-up for Leeds/Reading and noticed Bullet For My Valentine are on the bill for one of the gigs.......I seriously hope that they aren't going to be one of the support bands over here!!?? :( Machine Head, I can handle, but NOT BFMV.

That name just screams EMOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Looks like Marlay Park has already been booked for a gig in late August.......??

http://www.independent.ie/breaking-news/national-news/entertainment/the-killers-to-play-dublins-marlay-park-in-august-1331200.html

Marlay usually has three gigs there, so thats only the first of them. Nothing to suggest Metallica wont play there.

As for possible support, it wouldnt be BFMV, as much as I'd kinda like it to happen. Altho A7X did say they were comin back at the end of summer(my friend told me, I wouldnt give them much time). So then it'd be bwetween Slipknot or Machine Head as main support I'd say. And with Machine Head supporting them on some dates, I'd say it'd be them. So just at a guess for if they play here:

Metallica
    Machine Head
    Avenged Sevenfold
    Alter Bridge??

Thats based on nothing but my own head thinking of this, so dont say its a rumour or anything!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

lord lucan wrote: »
    metallica could play wednesday night with say rage and slipknot,leave the killers and other indie bands for thursday night,everyones a winner:D

'tallica and rage aint gonna happen over here! rage already have their irish gig booked! come on lads get the finger out, ireland wants you!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Some guys outside the Wembley gig last july had the gall to say that they felt Machine HEAD would blow Metallica into the side of a tree. Suffice to say it didnt happen that way

Mushy wrote: »
    Marlay usually has three gigs there, so thats only the first of them. Nothing to suggest Metallica wont play there.

As for possible support, it wouldnt be BFMV, as much as I'd kinda like it to happen. Altho A7X did say they were comin back at the end of summer(my friend told me, I wouldnt give them much time). So then it'd be bwetween Slipknot or Machine Head as main support I'd say. And with Machine Head supporting them on some dates, I'd say it'd be them. So just at a guess for if they play here:

Metallica
    Machine Head
    Avenged Sevenfold
    Alter Bridge??

Thats based on nothing but my own head thinking of this, so dont say its a rumour or anything!

Alter Bridge on the same bill as Metallica and Machine Head???? UGH. No thanks. Saw A7X when the supported Metallica a couple of years back, and they too were awful

Alter Bridge on the same bill as Metallica and Machine Head???? UGH. No thanks. Saw A7X when the supported Metallica a couple of years back, and they too were awful

I have question marks after Alter Bridge as I just saw it on some post a bit back, so wouldnt go much by it at all. And yes, hopefully A7X do not come here again, I'm unfortunate enough to have to see them at Maiden in Paris in July!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

would they not play the rds. in know they played there last time but it is bigger than Marlay Park. although if Machine Head , A7x & alter bridge supported imo would be savage or even put slipknot and Tenacious D aswell (they are playing under then @ Reading/Leeds)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,106 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Mr.S wrote: »
    isnt the RDS still clossed?

or did it open again?

yea didnt Justin timberlake n george micheal play there last year

i do indeed, sadly that 3 letter word is banned on here;)

I'm told its either a standalone gig, or part of BudRising, havent talked to meh source in a while, and thats the last thing he said to be.

Sounds like a warmup date before Reading/Leeds?

AFAIK, Metallica aren't promoted by them??? I think they work with Aiken.....?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

AFAIK, Metallica aren't promoted by them??? I think they work with Aiken.....?

it depends on the venue, the rds is an aiken venue, however marlay park is not, so the venue would define the promoter, and if marlay was on the bill it means we cant talk about it! i would prefer the rds again tho, easier to get to, and bigger!

isnt the RDS still clossed?

or did it open again?

Well, I assuming its open, as rugby matches have been played there since September, and we have Boyzone and Bruce Springsteen to look forward to.

But I'd prefer Marlay...Metallica with the Dublin Mountains as a backdrop...nice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

We may get a Leeds/Reading Irish gig again, like in 2003, when Metallica first played here. Thats something to think about.

http://www.metallica.com/index.asp?item=600769

According to this, the second part of the European tour does not include any festival appearances, so methinks they'll be doing their own headlining gig in either RDS or Marlay Park, with Down(yay) and The Sword supporting.

By the way, who are The Sword?? Never heard of 'em???

EDIT: They've just announced they're playing Marlay Park on August 20th, with Tenacious Bleedin D supporting!?

I'm in two minds about goin to that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Brilliant :D And a great support act for a change. Typical - arrange to go to Rock am Ring and they come to Dublin!! Ah well - twice in one summer is good too!!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Wrong promoter, folks, check the stickies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

Doctor J wrote: »
    Wrong promoter, folks, check the stickies.
    Sorry - didn't realise. Cheers.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 68,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Grid.

nice one!:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Nice !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What Setlist do you want ? (Within reason, and not omitting the staple Metallica songs)

I want

Blackened
    Master Of Puppets
    Ride The Lightining
    Welocme Home Sanitarium
    Dsiposable Heroes
    Eye Of The Beholder
    The Unforgiven
    The Memory Remains
    Sad But True
    Harvester Of Sorrow
    No Remorse
    Orion
    Fade To Black
    Call of Kutulu
    Creeping Death
    Nothing Else Matters
    One
    Enter Sandman
    Whiskey In The Jar
    The Four Horsemen
    Motorbreath.

I know thats 21 and they normally play 19, but im optimistic

Het-Field wrote: »
    Nice !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What Setlist do you want ? (Within reason, and not omitting the staple Metallica songs)

I want

Blackened
    Master Of Puppets
    Ride The Lightining
    Welocme Home Sanitarium
    Dsiposable Heroes
    Eye Of The Beholder
    The Unforgiven
    The Memory Remains
    Sad But True
    Harvester Of Sorrow
    No Remorse
    Orion
    Fade To Black
    Call of Kutulu
    Creeping Death
    Nothing Else Matters
    One
    Enter Sandman
    Whiskey In The Jar
    The Four Horsemen
    Motorbreath.

I know thats 21 and they normally play 19, but im optimistic

What about new songs?? Also, I want em to drop some of the regular songs in favour of songs that they rarely play - like they did in the RDS in 2006. I'm sick of hearing stuff like Creeping Death, Whiskey, NEM, Sanitarium. I'd like them to play Thingy. Also, I'd like em to play a different Lizzy song other than Whiskey - somethin like The Cowboy Song......?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Sorry guys, we cannot discuss this any more. See the stickies.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement