Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Mondeo ST?

Options
  • 25-11-2007 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭

Right so,

Well im a fan of the MK3 mondeo, and im still tempted to get a Mondeo ST220 3.0 V6

Was looking at a dealers website, and was looking at the engine options for the current mondeo and wasnt exactly blown away. (See Here)

Is there any sign of a Mondeo ST coming to UK or Ireland? Cant find anything on the net at the mo apart from this

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

Hmmm 2006 Mondeo ST220 3.0 V6

800px-Ford_Mondeo_ST220_Blue.jpg

Future Mondeo ST??
    2007-Ford-Mondeo-Sedan-05.jpg

Im still leaning towards the older model. hmm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,660 ✭✭✭maidhc

Right so,

Well im a fan of the MK3 mondeo, and im still tempted to get a Mondeo ST220 3.0 V6

Probably best get it before the new VRT rates come in if you are importing the old model. I guess the VRT on the ST TDCI (STD? :D) should fall though!

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Doesn't the new VRT system only apply to cars first registered in 2008. won't affect used cars AFAIK.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

very nice car that, i cant imagine a new type mondeo ST, its just too big and heavy looking compared to the much better looking older version.,

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

I know this car. It's well worth a look. It's been well minded too.

The new model will be a better car in almost every way incidentally.

• Advertisement

Took a spin in the new modeo today, and TBH i wasnt all that impressed. The garage i went to only had the 2.0TDCI zetec demo for me to drive, and even though the spec of the car was decent, i found the interior a bit tacky.

This is from the Ford site, so its prob the Titanium model with digital display and touch screem sat nav. The Zetec has standard display and normal cd player.

http://www.ford.co.uk/spg/getImage.asp?imageName=SPG_3_28_0_31496.jpg&filename=gal-lrg-01.jpg

It looks ok, but up close it looks very plastic and garish for my taste, compared to the crome from the MK3 mondeo.

This is a pic of interior of a 2005 MK3 ST220
    http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/images/189077-2.jpg

I dunno but i prefer the older interior trim, seems alot more stylish and not overcluttered like the new one. took me ages to find the windscreen demister.

so ill prob stick with my accord for now, or change to a 06 ST220......hmmmm V6

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

I agree vengeance52, I think the interior of the new Mondeo is very tacky and shiny. I don't understand all the positive feedback the interior has been getting with people comparing it to BMW's and Audi's?? :confused:

fletch wrote: »
    I agree vengeance52, I think the interior of the new Mondeo is very tacky and shiny. I don't understand all the positive feedback the interior has been getting with people comparing it to BMW's and Audi's?? :confused:

I found the layout of the controls on the steering wheel akward, and found that it was hard to pick out buttons on the dash due to the shiny plastic trim and faint wording on them.

Dont get me wrong, its great to have new gadgets and loads of toys, but it should have been laid out better.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

typical of ford really, these days i think there making their cars with a limitless supply of plastic and a gift voucher for halfords.,

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    I spent a bit of time in the above Titanium model and I thought the interior was excellent. Much better than any BMW I have been in lately, the colour screens were really nice with crisp high resolution displays.

So moral of the storey is prob go with the titanium model otherwise give it a miss then.

• Advertisement
Advertisement