Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wicklow News Billboards

Options
  • 25-11-2007 6:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭

Does anyone know if it is legal for Wicklow News to install huge ugly billboards all along the road into Charlesland, my god they are an eyesore!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,937 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

I was wondering the same thing myself.

I read in the Bray People that Greystones RFC were recently fined for putting up 4 posters without permission - they're just a sports club trying to promote a match; Wicklow News are a commercial organisation and this is just large-scale flyposting.

EDIT: http://www.braypeople.ie/news/signs-land-rugby-club-in-trouble-1227791.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭jb91

Can they call themselves Wicklow's own weekly paper when we already have Bray People, Wicklow People, North Wicklow Times and South Wicklow Times?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭gstonesmx5

as far as i know the road in question is still private property and belongs to the developers so Wicklow News would need permission to put the signs up same as the election posters during the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Plus it might be considered an unauthorised development by the planning authority. There are fines for these type of acts, and can be considerable.

Just waiting for this weekend when the young'uns have had a drink and decide to deface or better still, destroy the signs...next up a littering fine for Wicklow News!!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭Wineman

Seems they are all gone now, somebody must have told them the error of their ways...or they got a big fat fine!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭ian_m

Wineman wrote: »
    Seems they are all gone now, somebody must have told them the error of their ways...or they got a big fat fine!

or both!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

There are some sign for St Davids on the SAR between Jackie Skelly's and Superquinn now.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,937 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

ian_m wrote: »
    or both!

according to the Bray People (who didn't gloat about this at all, oh no!) - they've been fined €10k

Advertisement