Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please help!

Options
  • 25-11-2007 7:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭

Excuse my ignorance when it comes to animal issues, but i appear to have lost my Gran's cat..I'm house sitting and cat sitting while she is away, only i havent seen the cat since yesterday morning..is this normal?? Ive looked after her and all, and she usually come in when i leave the door open, which i have done for the past hour or so...is this normal?! Can i do anything to coax her back? Ive tried leaving food at the door but no joy..please help! My gran's back tomorrow..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Jimkel

I think its time to get out and start searching the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Are you serious? crap. I assumed cats went away for a bit and came back. time to make a few calls then cos it's dark..thanks..ish..

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

Go outside and walk about the area a bit (with someone if it's dark and you don't like being out on your own at night) and call his/her name, and do the catcall thing (how do you spell that sound?? you know, the slight whistle/"sppppsss" thing? Never seen it written down before!) and see if the cat can be coaxed out if it's asleep in a cosy little snug it's made for itself or if it's out hunting and surveying it's domain.

Also - if the cat knows the sound of it's catfood tin, bring a tin and bang it with a fork, that gets our cats running for dinner if they hear the tin being banged. If it has a toy with a bell in it, bring that and shake it to make the bell tinkle too. Hopefully it will hear you and come running.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭Jimkel

Are you serious? crap. I assumed cats went away for a bit and came back. time to make a few calls then cos it's dark..thanks..ish..

Hope you find the cat, best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Thanks so much for your help, i did the 'catcall' thing, i think and make noise with her food, and put a loittle bowl outside the door, but no joy till this morning when i heard her! Thw owner is back today so i was very anxious about it!thanks..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

Glad the cat returned! chances are he had just found a nice spot for himself for the night and returned as soon as his belly rumbled.

Advertisement