Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

6 month rule

Options
  • 25-11-2007 7:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

i got my frist learner permit yesterday. can i make a appointment for the driving test?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

As far I know you can yes. My mate applied for his Test after having his Learner Permit a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,826 ✭✭✭SeanW

cooperlkk wrote: »
    i got my frist learner permit yesterday. can i make a appointment for the driving test?
    You can apply for your driving test, but if you get it before your six month restriction lapses, you will not be allowed to take it.

So unless your test centre has a 24+ week waiting list (which you can find out here) you should wait until at very minimum, the weeks listed plus the weeks you hold the permit, exceed 22.

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

I got my provisional back in august, applied for test mid october (before new laws). Can I take it before the 6 mont rule or does it even apply?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,993 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

DJ Hafez wrote: »
    I got my provisional back in august, applied for test mid october (before new laws). Can I take it before the 6 mont rule or does it even apply?
    It only applies to those with Learner Permits. You have a Provisional Licence. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

Thank god, just got a letter fromwork saying i need it ;) Cheers

• Advertisement
Advertisement