Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mover?

• 25-11-2007 7:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 607 ✭✭✭

Have you moved network? If so why?

Just wondering!

Who did you move to? 47 votes

Vodafone to 3
    0% 0 votes
    Vodafone to Meteor
    14% 7 votes
    Vodafone to 02
    19% 9 votes
    3 to Vodafone
    6% 3 votes
    3 to Meteor
    2% 1 vote
    3 to 02
    0% 0 votes
    02 to Vodafone
    0% 0 votes
    02 to 3
    14% 7 votes
    02 to Meteor
    8% 4 votes
    Meteor to 3
    19% 9 votes
    Meteor to Vodafone
    10% 5 votes
    Meteor to 02
    4% 2 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

meteor to "3" for better phone video calls and much better internet/mobile broadband although luckily enough i kept my meteor phone could be changing back!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 569 ✭✭✭failsafe

I moved o2 to vodafone because I wanted a bill phone when I was 19, O2 said I had to be 21 and Vodafone didn't!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,117 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Vodafone to 3 for better data package and free calls and roaming to the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭ratsam

Moved O2-voda-O2 all because one or the other wasnt doing the phone i wanted... have been with O2 for over 3 years now... whoever gets the iPhone will get my next jump....!

Rats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭Dammer

Moved from Meteor to O2

Was paying Meteor about €30 a month for 60 mins talk time and 30 txts any network. My bill was usually around the 35-40 mark, as I constantly went over my monthly hour :rolleyes:

O2 done an amazing deal online which I snapped up. Joined Active 150 (150 mins) via the O2 online store. The special offer was join online get 20% free extra mins (180) and txts plus Double your minutes for the first six months. I was getting 360 mins talktime a month plus 120 txts for €35 a month! :)

Another bonus is that O2 carry over your unsed minutes... Meteor do not...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

are those 360 mins off-peak only though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,611 ✭✭✭✭Sam Vimes

ratsam wrote: »
    Moved O2-voda-O2 all because one or the other wasnt doing the phone i wanted... have been with O2 for over 3 years now... whoever gets the iPhone will get my next jump....!

Rats

that'll be o2 i believe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 343 ✭✭Dammer

foggy_lad wrote: »
    are those 360 mins off-peak only though?

No those minutes were anytime and any network. Plus they were carried over if I did not use my monthly allowance. There was one month I had 700+ minutes...Crazy..

It was a special offer they done in March or April of this year. But I think O2 kept doing it each month til around June.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Meteor to 3. Moved out the country and had no coverage with Meteor. O2 and Vodafone were too expensive. Have full coverage with 3 and bill was reduced by around €35 a month.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭LuckyStar

Meteor to O2. Meteor was perfect, so cheap, had coverage everywhere... except my house! And I don't live anywhere remote, actually one of the biggest towns in Kildare. Anyway I couldn't take making phone calls with my head out the window anymore so I went back to O2.

I was originally on Vodafone but moved to O2 as they were cheaper. Then I went back to Vodafone because they had a phone I wanted, couldn't believe ho much credit I was buying, they were so expensive. I went to Meteor to text/call people for free but had no signal so I am back to O2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jahalpin

I have taken my number to all the networks. I have an 087 number and have gone from Vodafone to Meteor to O2 and now I'm with Three

Since I moved to 3, my bills average around €28 whereas when I was on Vodafone \ O2\ Meteor they were around €50 and the 3 allows me to use my minutes to make calls to UK numbers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

Meteor to three. Was paying a fortune in international calls (to norn iron hi!) so I went to three contract with the inclusive NI/UK calls. Saved me a small fortune and i get more bang for my buck. Great once you don't have to contact india for support, service has went way downhill since they got rid of the glasgow call centre.

It works great for me but i'm hesitant to recommend them in work because if things go wrong it tends to blow up in your face.........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 122 ✭✭frankymail

i moved from o2 to meteor bout lst march... now im considerin goin bak 2 o2 for da freedom plan bu dnt know relly what i shud do? ny sugestions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭HiredGun

I moved from Meteor to O2 for three reasons. (1) because with Meteor I couldn't send text messages to friends and family on some foreign networks. (2) when roaming abroad with Meteor I often could check my email because they didn't have data roaming agreements. And finally, the Meteor coverage where I live is pretty patchy.

Advertisement