Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

controlling wavy grey hair?

• 25-11-2007 7:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

My hair is wavy and long, so I have random short hairs at the top of my head that get curly and frizzy. However it's getting grey, so I want to start slicking them down so I look somewhat tidy. I'm not going to start colouring it just yet, it's the wiry grey-hair texture that alarms me more. I'm not ready to cut it short, I don't think.

My hair is shoulder length, all one length. When I put it in a bun I could use gel to slick it all back, but when I wear it loose, is there something that I could use to make my hair behave? I like the waves, but not the frizz. I never use gel or anything in my hair so I don't know where to start.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

If it's mainly the short hairs at the crown of your hair or at the parting you want to control, I use a burst of hairspray - elnette is good, it's lightweight and you only need a teeny spray - spritz it very lightly over your parting and smooth the short hairs flat with your hands.

I hate gels and mousses and serums, and styling products in general as my hair is dark so they make it look greasy, and I never thought of this until a hairdresser suggested using a burst of hairspray - it doesn't make you hair look greasy or "obviously" styled with products, just tames them into not standing on end :) One tin will last for ages BTW, it's just one spray every morning, so don't worry that you will end up a product junkie or anything! And it brushes out too with no stickiness.

Advertisement