Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stella Artois tastes like cheese

Options
  • 25-11-2007 7:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭

specifically dubliner white cheddar. Am I alone in thinking this?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

It makes me want to eat cheese after drinking it...if that helps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Stela Artois has aquired the reputation now in the uk as ' the wife beater larger ' due to it's strenght and some pubs have even gone as far as banning it ....seriously

• Registered Users Posts: 7,456 ✭✭✭Blisterman

Its strength? Isn't it barely over 5%?
    I always thought the wifebeater was a reference to a Streetcar Named Desire. "Stellaaaaaa"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,381 ✭✭✭oblivious

it couold be over boiled wort/hop, light struck beer or old hops

Quote =Blisterman;54510128]Its strength? Isn't it barely over 5%?
    The article about stella being removd from some pubs was from last weeks daily mail .Stella' s one of the more stronger beers sold in british pubs ,but compared to our irish beers not really, which probably says more about their addtitude to drinking /social problems ,i'm not sure ? :).
    I always thought the wifebeater was a reference to a Streetcar Named Desire. "Stellaaaaaa"
    Ha Ha , maybe sombody invented the double meaning ? Can see Brando now ' Stellaaaaaaaaa...Stellaaaaaaaaaaa':)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭donaghs

If you're used to drinking 8 pints of 4% bitter, the 5% does make a difference.

Most English beers seem to lists the alcohol units now. Low strength ales are usually under 2 units. 5% beer are about 2.4 or 2.5 units. Basically if you're drinking the same amount at the same speed you're going to get hammered quicker.

Apparently the company who make Stella in Belgium have being worried about the bad image the beer has got in Britain and it has brought out a new tv/ advertisment campaign .

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,865 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Though the company who make it in Belgium also make it in Britain. I think ours comes from the Luton plant as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,001 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Did you just eat cheese before drinking it? Dubliner White Cheddar to be exact?

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭:|

I recently tasted a bottle of stella that was about 2 years out of date so now it just tastes like shi.t to me.....

• Advertisement

:| wrote: »
    it just tastes like shi.t to me
    *Resists obvious question*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

Stella Artois is currently rebranding to incorporate two other beers called Artois Bock and Peterrmans. The 3 brands fall under the "La Famille Artois"
    If you look at the new boxes for sale (20 packs or whatever they come in) you'll see the logos of each on them.

Back to the original topic, iv never noticed the cheese taste....but id only have drank it from bottles, so perhaps it was a draught that got contaminated somehow or dirty glasses?
    I always get a smell or flavour of onions from Bulmers.....not too strong but enough to keep me from drinking it.....obviously there are no onions in it (Maybe theres a shortage of apples in Ireland!) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8 The Bunk

where can i get a pint of stella in around town anybody know?

O'Neill's of Suffolk Street, I'd say. Solas. I think The Bank has it, likewise Thomas Read. The more upmarket places, bizarrely enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 The Bunk

cool tnks i love a good pint now got the friday trust on now :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Latchy wrote: »
    The article about stella being removd from some pubs was from last weeks daily mail .Stella' s one of the more stronger beers sold in british pubs ,but compared to our irish beers not really,
    Oh dear, replying to 2 year old threads. Tut. Tut. Stella is 5% or thereabouts, most lagers brewed in Ireland are 4.3%. So Stella would be a strong beer in Irish terms.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Stella was 5.2% until a few months ago, now it is 5% (perhaps the more expensive imported belgian cans are higher, but the cheap UK stuff is 5%).

I have found it tastes more like generic beers now, when it was 5.2% it was quite distinct.

24x330ml bottles €15 in tesco at the moment.

Advertisement