Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Toyota Starlet Battery

Options
  • 25-11-2007 7:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,980 ✭✭✭✭

Howdy. Having a bit of trouble starting my car on a cold morning. It seems to be just the battery. It's a 1999 Starlet with a 1.3 litre engine. I see you can get jump starter packs that let you start up your own car- save me having to call a mate to give me a jump start.

I wasn't sure which one to get to match my battery. Any ideas on how you figure out what type of battery is in your car (in terms of volts, amps etc)? I couldn't find anything in my manual or online.

Was looking at a list like this and a bit baffled:
    http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/categories/search/battery-chargers-engine-starters-2

Thanx.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Sounds like you need a new battery rather than a jump starter!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Why not just get a new battery? I remember reading on another website about someone that got a new battery for their Starlet form a Toyota dealer and it only cost something like 35-40 quid. Even if i'm remembering wrongly a battery for a small car is never going to be too dear.

A Toyota Optifit battery for a Starlet should be around €55 to €50 if I remember correctly. They're at least that much for Halfords own brand.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,980 ✭✭✭✭odyssey06

Ah right, I thought batteries cost hundreds of euros, not 50- will check out getting a new one maybe!

'Cos of my job, the car can be sitting there for 3-5 days without being driven, which I know isn't good for the battery :(

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

your battery probably just expired due to age. If you go to a Toyota dealer the can test the battery.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,570 ✭✭✭Rovi

odyssey06 wrote: »
    'Cos of my job, the car can be sitting there for 3-5 days without being driven, which I know isn't good for the battery :(
    A battery in good condition should be able to sit for weeks without loosing charge, months if there's nothing drawing current like alarms or radios or the multitude of other junk that seems to be obligatory on most vehicles these days.

Advertisement