Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How to port forward on the Netopia 2247-02 router

• 25-11-2007 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hey,
    Does anyone out there know how to set up port forwarding on these wireless routers.

Trying to play fifa 08 through multi player mode but can't get connected to any games...

Anyone else tried this and successfully got it to work?

And anyone know what ports should be opened?

Jaz

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

These are the instructions for Fifa 07 on the Netopia 2247-02

It will help to get you sorted. (Note: The Netopia uses the term Pinholes instead of Port Forwarding within its menus.)

http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Netopia/2247-02/FIFA_2007.htm

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Jarrath

These are the instructions for Fifa 07 on the Netopia 2247-02

It will help to get you sorted. (Note: The Netopia uses the term Pinholes instead of Port Forwarding within its menus.)

http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Netopia/2247-02/FIFA_2007.htm

Tried what they said in the guide but their using an older software version for the router that what i am. Theres no pinhole option in the version i have.

It's Fifa08 for the PSP and not a computer. Have added some custom services for the game in the NAT section and assigned them to allow my psp's ipaddress but seems to make no difference..

Can get to the lobby and see all the people in there but cannot get a game connected to save me life..

Not sure if its a problem on my end or eircoms... :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭still_raining

For some reason the guide for the 2247-02 router shows a totally different interface from the one I have as well. This guide is the one you want I think:
    http://www.portforward.com/english/routers/port_forwarding/Netopia/2247NWG-VGx/FIFA_2007.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,915 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

You also need to disable the firewall function to allow port forwarding. *boggles mind*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭still_raining

astrofool wrote: »
    You also need to disable the firewall function to allow port forwarding. *boggles mind*

Try setting it to low first; that seems to work fine for me. You'll also need to open the ports in your software firewall.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 pcarbery

I have a similar question. I want to set up port forwarding for the same router for a program called Anamos. The program is saying that the router's ports are not set up properly and should be forwarded to the machine. I have tried I and think successfully) set up port forwarding of the required port 5061, to the machine. but the message still appears.

any suggestions would be appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=58150357&postcount=498

The above guide should sort it out for you. After searching for ages for instructions relating to the software version I was on it worked for me and I have the same router.

If you've any questions just ask and I'll try and remember exactly how I did it. :)

thanks for the replying to my post _Whimsical_

I had already done all of the above as stated in the instruction. I have tested the port with PFPortchecker, and it says that the port is open (although it says that it cannot ping the router - this I am sure is important).

I am trying to get a program called "Anomos" working. It is torrent downloader that provides anonominity for free ; but it says that
    "Your router is not set up correctly.This will interfere with File transfers. Please forward port 5061 to the machine."

I have read in other posts that some ISP block low ports i.e. below 10000.....any ideas if that is true, or could be the cause of it.

Once again, thanks for the reply

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,958 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

I dont think that's the problem if you're using eircom pcarberry. I use port 4500 for utorrent and it works fine. Have you set your modem firewall to low?

I'm not familiar with the program your using so maybe the problem is specific to it? It looks interesting though so I might try and install it myself later and let you know how I get on.

In the Broadband Forum they have a stickied thread devoted to peer to peer configuration. You might get someone more knowledgable to answer if you post your problem there.

Thanks again _Whimsical_

yes I have put the firewall to low......and I will probably try the other forum as you suggested (if I dont kick the router out the window first).....

thanks for your interest.
    I would be delighted to hear from you if you go ahead and install the program

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Just place the PSP in the DMZ of the router then if it still complains about the lack of connection it is the PSPs problem as it will be outside the firewall on the router.

I am not sure if you are replying to me MusterCycling, if you are I dont understand the "PSP in the DMZ" sentence......
    Any chance of elaborating?

pcarbery

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Sorry hadn't seen that this was a resurrected zombie thread from 3 years ago.

DMZ is a special area you can place a device in so that it is not behind the firewall of your router, not a good solution as then you are depending of software firewall only protecting the device from the net.

Advertisement