Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any tips for a weekend in Tralee?

Options
  • 25-11-2007 8:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7

Heading to Tralee for the weekend and was hoping I could some tips on where to go and what to see? It's just me and the boyfriend (both 23) and have a car so anything goes really! Maybe somewhere to go for some live music or places to eat?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭nellyshark

Depends what u wanna do really. If you have a car u could go to the INEC in Killarney, there is usualy some sort of event on there. Other than that in Tralee, there are lots of restuarants, some good some bad. Also consider heading to the mahrees in castlegregory.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,315 ✭✭✭Tomthepost

Ok there are quite a few 'travellers' in Tralee (as there are in Galway!!)
    Siamsha Tire is the theatre down there. Something decent might be on. Some lovely beaches on the outskirts for a nice walk. Barrow (follow sign posts for Tralee Golf Club is well worth seeing.Some of that old classic Ryans Daughter was set there.
    Fenit about 8 miles from the town is a nice fishing port village. The West End in Fenit would be a nice place to eat.
    There is a Medeival Museum on Denny St in the centre of the town (have not been there for years so can't remember it it is worth seeing I can just remember a bad smell)
    Good pubs are Baileys Corner and the Blasket. If looking for something a bit more lively (but young) check out Ruairis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭gerocks

Tomthepost wrote: »
    There is a Medeival Museum on Denny St in the centre of the town (have not been there for years so can't remember it it is worth seeing I can just remember a bad smell)
    The smell was there for a reason.
    Medieval Tralee must have stank because people fired their 'business' out of the windows and onto the street!

Advertisement