Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homevision New LLU Operator ( not selling eircom)

Options
  • 25-11-2007 8:55pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭

..so far in 9 Dublin exchanges only .

http://www.homevision.ie/packages.html

2mbit down, 256k up for €29 a month with free wireless modem. Yes that includes line rental normally €26 a month on its own so the BB only costs €3 a month

2mbit down, with free wireless modem, line rental included and free calls package €42 a month. I can find no info on the calls package .

30gb cap, normal enough

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭pureirish

Sponge Bob

Details from their website on calls package

Free Calls

You get all your national and local phone calls free 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. Plus you can call Irish mobiles and make international calls at highly competitive rates.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,078 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

HomeVision Broadband is not affected by contention ratios which means that you get consistent speeds even during peak usage times.

It's uncontended too.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

And obviously they want to get customers rather than run at a profit :)

Who's paying for this charity?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

just put in my home phone number (01 in bray) and they say it's available to me but not the three (tv/bb/phone) packages.

not to be nitpicky, but it's time we started to get faster than 2mbit speeds too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭rc28

I typed in my phone number and it said homevision was available to me but "not all services". I presume they are referring to the tv and VOD service because I am pretty sure our exchange(dunshaughlin) hasn't been unbundled. In that case would they just be offering standard eircom reseller broadband to me or could I get the 4mb package?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

I read about their launch the other day on rte.ie and forgot about it when I read the usual handful of Dublin exchanges it's available in.:rolleyes:

http://www.rte.ie/business/2007/1119/homevision.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 68 ✭✭moynihan

From their website
    HomeVision has very large download limits of up to 30 Gigabytes. These limits mean there is almost no restriction on how much you can download each month so you don’t need to worry about exceeding your download limit each month.

That's plain sh!te. No wonder they're offering an uncontended service.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    ..so far in 9 Dublin exchanges only .

http://www.homevision.ie/packages.html

2mbit down, 256k up for €29 a month with free wireless modem. Yes that includes line rental normally €26 a month on its own so the BB only costs €3 a month

2mbit down, with free wireless modem, line rental included and free calls package €42 a month. I can find no info on the calls package .

30gb cap, normal enough

I spy a connection there SB :)

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Seems to be owned by these people:
    http://www.plannet21.ie/contact.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

kaizersoze wrote: »
    I read about their launch the other day on rte.ie and forgot about it when I read the usual handful of Dublin exchanges it's available in.:rolleyes:

Imagine a new company going where the biggest market is. Next they'll expect to make money!!! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

rc28 wrote: »
    I typed in my phone number and it said homevision was available to me but "not all services". I presume they are referring to the tv and VOD service because I am pretty sure our exchange(dunshaughlin) hasn't been unbundled. In that case would they just be offering standard eircom reseller broadband to me or could I get the 4mb package?

yea thatys a strange one... i'm getting the same for the dunshaughlin exchange. maybe its just to get you to ring them and you get put on a list, i really doubt that dunshaughlin has been unbundled

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

crawler wrote: »

A mutual one of ours, yes . Did not want to bore the forum with it though :p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

paulm17781 wrote: »
    Imagine a new company going where the biggest market is. Next they'll expect to make money!!! :rolleyes:

I never said it should be any different. It'd just be nice if it was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 sloane

crawler wrote: »

The connection fee seems to be on the TV service only as it's 'optional' for other services!?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭bb27

I have the misfortune of having Homevision for TV and Broadband, complete rubbish, I wouldn't believe all the promo rubbish about value etc. Terrible provider which you'd be well advised to avoid!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

bb27 wrote: »
    I have the misfortune of having Homevision for TV and Broadband, complete rubbish, I wouldn't believe all the promo rubbish about value etc. Terrible provider which you'd be well advised to avoid!!!
    I've been unfortunate enough to be a homevision customer for about 2 years now. My current site was the domestic roll out site for tv, internet and telephone.
    They are appaling.

Please see: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055569040
    for more detail on our ongoing issues. The whole site here is looking to presue them in the small claims court.
    They really are appaling.

Please feel free to contact me for futher details - but you have been warned.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,496 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

cross posting to pimp your thread and dragging up a year old thread, bad Zulu bad!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement