Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sliabh Ríoga

Options
  • 25-11-2007 9:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭

My cousin is moving to Galway. Lovely girl but has found a room in this place. It's very near Rahoon & am worried about how safe it is. Anybody know anything about this area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

My cousin is moving to Galway. Lovely girl but has found a room in this place. It's very near Rahoon & am worried about how safe it is. Anybody know anything about this area?

Just wondering why you dropped this titbit of info on us ('lovely girl') are you suggesting we'd be less inclined to respond if we weren't assured she was a lovely girl?

Do you think we're that shallow? ( when I say we, I mean the others, I am infact that shallow)

now I'm just rambling, I take it she's a lovely single girl, and it will be your mission once she's settled down to find her Mr Right.

It's Monday morning and I'm already bored with work:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭kevmy

Galway as a rule is pretty safe.

Rahoon not the safest area but not the worst.

Take the usual precautions and every thing should be alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Is she lovely, like the lovely girls from the Lovely Girls competition in Fr. Ted? If so, she won't have a problem :D

• Registered Users Posts: 829 ✭✭✭MattKid

I've got the bloody Stevie Wonder song stuck in my head now:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Scobius90

kevmy wrote: »
    Galway as a rule is pretty safe.

Rahoon not the safest area but not the worst.

Take the usual precautions and every thing should be alright.

I live in Rahoon, and find it grand
    But just like anywhere else in a city, take precautions and she'll be safe.
    In all fairness if she was walking alone, she would be just as vulnerable in any of the other so-called affluent areas of Galway than say Rahoon. PLus Sliabh Rioga is practically out in the country, so would assume she would not be on shanks mare all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Lovely girl but has found a room in this place.
    Does that make her less lovely?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,155 ✭✭✭PopeBuckfastXVI

I've just seen where it is, and what the houses look like, it looks pretty nice. I have a friend who lives in Rosan Glas and it's a nice place, nice area up around there altogether really. It looks about equidistant to walk through Rosan Glas to the bus stop there as to walk down to the main road itself, and she should have no trouble going that way at all. I'm sure she'll be fine.

P.S. When I first read the name of the place I read it as Sliabh Rioja and I was thinking... awesome... I gotta move there!

Advertisement