Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Highly Recommended (RTE)

Options
  • 25-11-2007 9:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭

WTF is this? I thought DealOrNoDeal was as moronic as mainstream tv could get. :eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,949 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I have never seen this, and if all goes to plan i will never see this...

It's something like the Eddie Hobbs programme from last year, isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

dulpit wrote: »
    It's something like the Eddie Hobbs programme from last year, isn't it?

No it is much, much worse... I watched one episode and cringed at how bad it was. But yet I saw in the paper yesterday that half a million ppl were watching this nonsense and it is a huge success.

worst show ever tbh... or at least one of them up there with The Cassidys and assorted other rubbish rte offerings!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

watched it yesterday, and couldn't stop watching it to just admire how bad RTE can get!!!
    Absolutely woeful stuff and useless for real 'advice'.
    If they wanted a more 'consumer' based programme, they need a 'Watchdog' style show. Why don't we have one already? Surely with rip-off Ireland and all our complains, such a show may actually do a lot of good!

To have judges and turn it into an 'XFactor / Dragons Den' is simply laughable.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

you know your pal or work colleague who always knows someone who bought whatever you bought for cheaper, as in "oh you paid 10,000 for that car? sure my brother got the same one except with alloys and 20 years free service for 8,500!!" basically this show is giving that idiot the chance to stand on tv and show everyone thats watching how great they are.

it is beautifully produced to make it even more boring than it could be with little or no back ground music and toe Duffy presenting it. he really stuck it to the funeral directors last night , "is there a price cartel in the Dublin area?" and allowed the director to completely dodge the question and didn't pursue the issue any further

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

It was pathetic watching Big Fat Ben Dunne verbally patting the MS woman on the head with his "aren't ya great to be able to face up to your mortality. When I was standing in my open grave I was thinking "I want to live!!!" Yeah, pity ya did.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Can no one in RTE just sit back and look at how they make programmes across the water, I got the second half of last nights show and my goo such tripe, badly produced crappy studio and week format.

I'm sure it'll be a huge success for RTE!! going by past success

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Lyrics Board. 'nuff said. :p

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

mike65 wrote: »
    Lyrics Board. 'nuff said. :p

Mike.

Wasn't that a huge success for RTE?
    They exported that to lots of countries afaik.... :eek:

Advertisement