Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prepay "free" credit

Options
  • 25-11-2007 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭

As mentioned on other forums, people must be made aware of this farce. O2 have changed their t&cs recently so when u buy a new prepay phone, you only get the free 10 a month IF you have topped by 20 that month, which is hell of a lot of money.
    Vodafone, you must top up by 10 a month to get the free ten. On top of this, any free credit you have due will be wiped from your account.
    What are peoples views on this? This will NOT tell you this in the shop or clearly on the website, you must look for what the "free" credit actually means. Not fair TBH

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

It has been like that for a long time,I make it aware to all customers who buy a phone. They don't have to give you anything,I can never understand people complaining when they are getting something free. Most people would spend more than €20 in a whole month,so you buy 10 and get another 10 free. I think the O2 one is a bit high at having to top up by €20,but other than that they could easily sell phones and give you nothing free and people would still buy them because there is a huge demand for mobile phones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

as far as i can see the vodafone one where you must top-up by €10 to get €10 only applies to their christmas offers where you can get up to a staggering €160!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

As I've said before, Meteor have been doing this for ages. If you aren't topping up by 10e a month, you don't really need free credit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

chrislad wrote: »
    As I've said before, Meteor have been doing this for ages. If you aren't topping up by 10e a month, you don't really need free credit.
    have never had to top-up for registration or upgrade credit on meteor!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

foggy_lad wrote: »
    have never had to top-up for registration or upgrade credit on meteor!

I believe Meteor only brought it in a few months ago but all the other networks have been doing it for a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I don't blame their new "offers" but what I do think is very anti consumer is the fact that its in noway clear that a change in policy has taken place as most people are used to getting free credit which is free. Its not nice to treat customers that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

tvnutz wrote: »
    I believe Meteor only brought it in a few months ago but all the other networks have been doing it for a while.
    O2 have only just brought it out in the last month or so.

As for the offers itself I can see your point about it not really being free .... but at the same time it is free. Bah ... I wish everything was straight forward, no bull****, simple in advertising.

Let's sorted out all these "unlimited" packages first and then come back to the credit I reckon.

Advertisement