Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Advice on new van for 08.

Options
  • 25-11-2007 10:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭

Hello ,I'm looking for some advice on a new van I hope to be getting in 08.

Basically I have two vans in mind ,Vito 3.0 V6 Auto or Peugeot expert HDi
    I had the latest vito a couple of years back and the gearbox was the only thing I hated about the van. The auto along with the 200hp V6 diesel ,shouldn't present any problems. This is where I need advice ,are mercedes auto boxes troublesome or do they just keep working???

The Peugeot expert is a smaller van and probably more reliable ,not as powerful ,but more driver friendly .

Anyone with experience ,any advice ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Met a guy who had a Vito automatic, (think it was a 115 CDI) happy with it.
    Also consider the Transporter, auto box is good on the high hp versions unless you drive it hard, then it can give trouble.
    Don't know about that V6 model, but I presum it's shares the gearbox with a Merc car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Thanks Colm ,I never stated the main reason why I'm looking at these two vans. The front access on both is very low ,my current van is an 05 ,but I'm sick of climbing up into it all the time.

The transporter is a lovely yoke alright ,I'd go for the 4motion version ,but I'm trying to stay away from climbing into the seat.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Hyundai are doing a new small van here in January, Rumoured to be an Auto 170bhp version too.
    article_10400-img_0.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Cheers ,I'll have a look at that one.

Advertisement