Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Small 'Nick' in bodywork

• 25-11-2007 10:44pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 398 ✭✭

Hi all,

I took the van for a drive today, the weather was as per usual i.e. similar to the Canaries:D.....anyway I was inspecting the bodywork and I noticed a small nick (less than .5cm) fairly low under the bathroom window.
    I'm not overly worried about it-but is there any way of patching it before it becomes a problem.

Benny

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

What is a "nick"? A dent or a tear ? And what kind of skin has your van got?

If its aluminium and a dent ...leave as is. Aluminium and a tear/hole, either replace the whole panel (whis isn't really an option) or stick a piece of alu over it and seal the whole thing with copius amounts of Sikaflex http://www.sika.ie/ie-ind/ie_ind_windows/ie_ind-windows-products.htm or something similar. Just make sure it ISN'T Silikone but urethane based and has some glueing strenght.

If the skin on your van is fibregalss ...contact your nearest boatbuilder for an evaluation and advice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

If it's only a small nick on aluminium you should at least restore the surface finish to prevent corrosion starting.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 398 ✭✭Benny-c

It's a small tear on the aluminium bodywork, so I'll re-seal as per advice.

Thanks for the help Folks...;)

Benny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 384 ✭✭bido

Benny to cover the area you repair get a small plastic grill and fit it to the repaired area it will look like a vent.
    bido.

Advertisement