Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

djpaul R.I.P

• 25-11-2007 11:07pm
    Moderators Posts: 6,864 ✭✭✭

I just wanted to let the rest of you know because he was active here on Boards, djpaul passed away suddenly on Friday 23rd November.

I knew Paul well from the DJing circles in Kilkenny and he will be sadly missed; he was a regular in Biddy Early's on John Street.

Rock on good buddy.....

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Rip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

I had wondered which Paul the boards djpaul was ( a popular real name of dj's it seems)

He grew up practically across the road from us , same age as my little sister.

Condolences to his wife, and kiddies. The woman has definitely faced more trials than any young woman should

R.I.P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

I heard about this on friday night, but didnt realise that it was djpaul :( RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

omg

What happened? I only met him the once when he bought something from me via adverts.ie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 101 ✭✭kitty_kilkenny

That is terrible news. I met him several times in the past, a very sweet and gentle man.
    RIP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Sad news. Only know the name from boards.
    Sounds like it was a bit premature? Doesn't sound old.

Condolences to all concerned. 8(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭JohnC.

Didn't know him personally, but saw him around the boards.

RIP:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

I didn't know him personally either but remember him from here and some of the other forums. RIP :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

R I P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,430 ✭✭✭✭road_high

That's sad. May he RIP.. was he a young man I wonder?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 6,864 ✭✭✭Spocker

Paul was 37 when he passed away

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

I read this thread when it was posted but never realised who it was until my Mum contacted me. When I was very young Paul got me interested in radio work and that's what I've been wanting to do ever since. Such a terrible loss, my heart goes out to his family.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Can someone please enlighten everybody else as to what happened or even DjPaul's real name as I might know him as I know alot of people in Kilkenny. I've looked through the Kilkenny People and the only thing I can see is a man died at Kilkenny swiming pool last friday but the gardai give no other details.

Is this connected??
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

No nothing to do with the death in the pool. Paul's surname is O'Dwyer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

As far as I'm aware, Paul suffered a heart attack minutes after the returned to work in Resistance Records in James' St. just meters away from the CBS where I go to school. He had been having lunch with his wife beforehand. Our principal made us aware of a "medical emergency" and asked us to stay away but I only found out the day after.

I then found out that he could have possibly been saved had the ambulence been able to get down James' St. But the amount of illegally parked cars there prevented it from getting down.

I knew Paul fairly well after I was introduced to him by one of the Kavanaghs, who own Resistance Records. Such a shame for a life like his to be taken away from him and an even bigger shame that he could have been saved

R.I.P

• Moderators Posts: 6,864 ✭✭✭Spocker

andyman wrote: »
    I then found out that he could have possibly been saved had the ambulence been able to get down James' St. But the amount of illegally parked cars there prevented it from getting down.

I don't think that's correct. Although mentioned in this weeks Kilkenny People that there were some illegally parked cars, there was this specific sentence:
    The delay in getting the ambulance through played no part in his death

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

R.i.p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭Musicman2000

Met Paul a few times, very nice chap RIP

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

If nobody minds me asking, was Paul the burly one with the deep voice who looked after Resistance Records for most of the time?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

yeah.

• Advertisement
Advertisement