Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comp20070

• 25-11-2007 11:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭

Hopefully I havent left this too late.

For our project, she says we must submit an at most 2 page document.

"this sheet should indicate where functioanlity may be located in the database to enable marks to be awarded."

What does that mean in real english?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

One of the demonstrators told me it should detail everything you did and why...

I wasn't really arsed, so I just did a few headers and short paragraphs, like:

Tables:

The database consists of 6 tables -- the 4 tables required, as well as 2 transitional tables.
    The required tables are COMPANY, CONSULTANT, PRESENTATION, and PROJECT;
    while the transitional tables are CONSULTANT-PRES, and PROJECT-PRES.
    The required tables can be accessed via forms linked with buttons on the main menu.

Same sorta thing for Queries, Relationships, Macros, whatever........

That's what I did, but you're supposed to say why you chose certain relationships, etc., but since I don't understand the relationships, I didn't do that....... The rest of the database works!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,119 ✭✭✭Donald-Duck

Thanks a million, and I presume thats saved on a word file on the CD?

Is the relationship diagram just a picture of your relationships or one of them schemas?

I put it on the CD and printed it out too.

I took a print screen of the relationships, didn't do the schemas thing....

DaveMcG wrote: »
    I put it on the CD and printed it out too.

I took a print screen of the relationships, didn't do the schemas thing....

I really shouldve gone to a practical to laern these things. I only have 4 tables yet all my queries work fine :D

Huh..... Feck off!!! :mad: The demonstrators did my relationships and told me what tables to create!

• Advertisement

Huh..... Feck off!!! :mad: The demonstrators did my relationships and told me what tables to create!

Yours are probably more right than mine then, I havent been to a practical. Think i went to two lectures. Such a **** module, hope we don't have anything similar next year.

I'm not finding many assumptions I can ptu down though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭Nichololas

Ah ****, I guess I should have asked them for some help then. Still couldn't figure out how to do the fúcking find queries. :confused:

Enlil_Nick wrote: »
    Ah ****, I guess I should have asked them for some help then. Still couldn't figure out how to do the fúcking find queries. :confused:

[Enter RowName] in the criteria tab.

[Enter Consultant Name] Or [Enter Consultant Reference Number]

Edit: Being on boards at 4 wasn't very smart when you have to be at least in by 12! Then again I was on till 2 and I made it in for 830

I think the "assumptions" thing is just in case you read the question differently to someone else, and so implement a different query. She'd probably give you full marks for it as long as you point out the way you read the question.

I'm hoping to get full marks on this database, cos I do not have a clue about calculus, SQL, or the most recent thing she's doing with all the diagrams. I had a bit of a relational algebra breakthrough though, thankgod!

I'd happily take half the marks onthe database. And i know nothing about whats gone on in the lectures other than a little about the schemas. Hopefully it can all be learnt in a day or 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

It's not the most difficult module in the world to study for, I pulled a 68 on about 2 days studying back when I was in 2nd year. Just look at the exam questions, she's not one for massive variety.

Yeah I downloaded a few past papers from the SIS, so gonna go through them at some stage.

The internet and wikipedia have been fairly helpful in learning RA, so I'm sure Calculus will be the same :)

Advertisement