Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Blue-black hair dye

• 26-11-2007 12:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭

Which is the best brand you've used for black or (preferably) blue-black dye?? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,556 ✭✭✭MizzLolly

Heya Cupcake!

My hair used to be a blue/black. Not sure how to spell it but shwarzkoff (or shwarzkoph..opps) used to have great ones but I can never find them. I see blue/blacks all the time though, just go to boots. I think the new Feria range from Loreal have one. I've seen their red and its deadly so I reckon they're pretty safe. Also there's lots of great blacks out there. Just go for names like deepest brown or natural black, otherwise u end up with fake, plastic lookin' hair!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

the schwarzkopf one is good alright, or Feria...the colour booster technology one...

Yup! Thank you Le Rack, they're the one's I'd reccommend anyways!! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭cupcake

MizzLolly wrote: »
    Heya Cupcake!

My hair used to be a blue/black. Not sure how to spell it but shwarzkoff (or shwarzkoph..opps) used to have great ones but I can never find them. I see blue/blacks all the time though, just go to boots. I think the new Feria range from Loreal have one. I've seen their red and its deadly so I reckon they're pretty safe. Also there's lots of great blacks out there. Just go for names like deepest brown or natural black, otherwise u end up with fake, plastic lookin' hair!! :D
    Thanks =] I've also heard good things about Garnier 100% Color anyone ever tried that one?

I haven't used it but my cousin did! Looks brilliant, their colours are very very vibrant though. So if u want something a lil subtle don't go near them! But really they do look kool.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 773 ✭✭✭echosound

I used the garnier 100% one a few years ago and it gave a lovely bluish tinge to the black, but the only thing I would say about it was it tended towards being kindof dull rather than highshine (unusual as my hair in naturally really shiny normally).

If you want a dramatic blue effect to your hair, why not dye it ordinary black, and get a blue dye and stick in on over it? Alfaparf do a great range of coloured dyes and it would give it a tinge of blue if you tried that, and the smell is divine! I've used their pillarbox red, purple, and blue dyes on bleached hair and it always turned out really vibrant and great, and if you put them in over dark hair, it gives the hair a great tinge but still stays dark, IYKWIM? Like the red in over natural dark brown hair gives a fantastic red tinge especially in sunlight etc.

Hairdressers tend to be the only ones stocking them though, unless you order online.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Le Rack

Thats the other one I was thinkin of! Yeah it gives a great colour!!! And the plums in that brand are really good too, it's not too harsh on your hair either

Advertisement