Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

A glimpse of the future

• 26-11-2007 12:20am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭

How long before this type of thing is the norm...?

Link

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Obviously not long judging by that clip...

Scary stuff, I think Sarah Connor had the right idea...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,043 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I was waiting for them to show the guy running 60 miles per hour or something and instead they show him walking up stairs...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,362 ✭✭✭Trotter

My CQ would have a seisure if I asked to sign that fella out :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Stark wrote: »
    I was waiting for them to show the guy running 60 miles per hour or something and instead they show him walking up stairs...
    Well it's only a prototype... It's still pretty impressive that it permits him to lift such huge weights while also being able to delicately tap a football, and dance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,084 ✭✭✭eroo

I wonder how much it cost to build....as i do not think US army will be able to afford a couple a hundred of them while also financing the rest of forces!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

prtotypes cost a fortune but production models cost alot less

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I foresee a problem...you'd need a plug socket to lash the black cable into, not much use in the jungle or desert...:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,043 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Tony Stark managed. Apart from the near death experiences when his battery ran out...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

Funny, I started thinking of the APU Corps from the matrix!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 339 ✭✭ChapOfDRyans

i would imagine that for the first couple of years it would be used more so in the engineers for lifting and moving until its advanced enough to be compact and sustain itself for a couple of days in the battle field,just my thoughts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Ross_Mahon

I like the idea of it, But if they started the project now, the end product would be amazing and with a good bit of donated money to the thing...:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Looks like a small version of the forklift ripley use's at the end of alien's to kill the queen

Stuff like that would be very interesting to speical force's id imagen if a few year's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 222 ✭✭Kaiser_Sma

Maybe not special forces, they generally need to be inconspicuous. Unless your talking about some kind of shock troops.

The main advantage for infantry i'd say would be the ability to carry heavier weapons and armour. But as they say it's far more likley it would be used in small numbers for carrying equipment or heavy lifting in engineering.

Advertisement