Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

can you recommend kennels?

• 26-11-2007 12:49am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19

Hi, can anyone recommend a good kennel near Waterford?
    We have a very active border collie who craves attention and human company. Unfortunately we have to leave him for two long weeks and we've not been thrilled by the last 2 kennels we used. (not getting toys/bowls/food back and dog being hoarse from barking).
    Cheers!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Which have you used so far, that way we won't recommend them.

I was going to suggest a place just off the Cork road about 3 miles out the city on the left hand side.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

there's a chap called bill runs a kennel out ballygunner direction called woofers i think. i haven't his number but i think he has his number up in the vets and a couple of the pet shops. he's fairly new so i dont think he's listed in the phone book yet. he seems spot on though, have heard nothing but good reports about the man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

I've used Heather Molloy's Kennels for our dog - she's on the old Tramore road, looks after the dogs very well, doesn't have a large number of them there so can walk them no problem and give them individual attention. I left our one in with her while we were in Japan last year. I can dig out a number if you want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

Junior wrote: »
    I've used Heather Molloy's Kennels for our dog - she's on the old Tramore road, looks after the dogs very well, doesn't have a large number of them there so can walk them no problem and give them individual attention. I left our one in with her while we were in Japan last year. I can dig out a number if you want.

Also used Heather for our dog while we were on holiday and she was excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Ushuaia

Thanks for all the replies guys, Mike I don't feel comfortable in naming the two kennels we used so far on the forum (I can pm that info, but they haven't been named yet ;) ). It's not so much that they're bad but more that they did not meet our dog's needs.
    Being a border collie, he does need more exercise than your average dog and gets a bit mental if stuck in a little space 23hrs a day. A kennel where he could run in a field several hours per day would be ideal. He pulls a lot on the lead so if the kennels take him for walks the person needs a strong arm :D
    Would Bill and Heather have premises that would meet those needs? I guess we'll have to visit the place!
    I think I know where the sign for kennels is on the N25 Mike, what's that place like?

Thanks again, I really appreciate your time :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Tbh, its been so many years since I had a dog to kennel nothing I say is very relevent now except I don't recall any problems, the place in question is the turn for Castle Road in Bulterstown area. (its the road The Coach House is on).

http://mt2.google.com/mt?n=404&v=w2.63&x=1966&y=1348&zoom=5

Mike.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

My neighbour brings her dogs to some kenel who treat the dogs like an angel apparently. Must find out the name of the place!

cheers Mike and Sully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,218 ✭✭✭Junior

PM Sent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,319 ✭✭✭Trick of the Tail

If your dog needa a lot of attention you can't go wrong with Geraldine Kirwan in Glenmore, or John Smith in Carrigeen.

I used to use Geraldine all the time for my two, she's excellent, a small affair, lots of space and they walk the dogs every day and let them out in the field. Also her daughters play with them.

I only stopped using her because I moved to Carrigeen and John is around the corner, he's excellent too.

PM me for phone numbers - and a reason why I wouldn't use Brady's off the Cork Road again.

Andy.

• Advertisement

Alinton, thanks a lot, I've just PM'd you!

Advertisement