Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IrishAirsoftSupplies.ie

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

hes not like that, hes a decent fella to deal with., it sounds like a pretty straight foeward fix but if when its taken apart, its shown that it broke from missuse or neglegence then you can be billed for the repair., if its damaged of no fault of your own then then they should fix it for ya no probs., you should wait till the issue is cleared up and sorted to post in here about them. if they have been decent so far its not fair to give other people a negative image of them unless they have genuinely ripped you off or are not offering any assistance with your problem.,;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,995 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

I have given it back to the guy today unfortunately, so at the moment I have nothing and am down €130. The guy I dealt with said he'd send it to someone that was good at fixing airsoft guns. I hope they don't make a balls of it and pretend it was like that when I gave it to him!

he should really be able to strip and assess the problem really, its not that

hard, im sure you told him the problem etc.

you've put the problem out on a forum so they cant really screw you over

now, maybe call/email him to ask when it would be fixed

:cool::cool::cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭Head_Hunter

Thanks guys for all your replies, much appreciated. I though the guy I dealt with was fine yesterday so I can only hope he keeps his word and gets the problem sorted. I have been careful with the gun and treated it very well only firing it for short periods at a time, so to avoid over cooling of the magazine. I even used green gas instead of propane, because it is supposed to have silicone oil already in it.

This is the reply I got from the e-mail
    After investigating the fault with your WE High-Capa we have found the problem to be a damaged sear caused by incorrect usage of the safety. As this is not a manufacturer fault and is detailed in the manual, we cannot offer a refund or replacement. The manufacturer will not reimburse us. We will ship the gun back to you free of charge using our next day delivery service, but that is all we can do. We are not equipped or set up to fix these types of problems.
    This is not my fault and I never mis-used the safety. BTW I never received a manual with the gun either. Where do I go from now?

This is the reply I got from the e-mail
    After investigating the fault with your WE High-Capa we have found the problem to be a damaged sear caused by incorrect usage of the safety. As this is not a manufacturer fault and is detailed in the manual, we cannot offer a refund or replacement. The manufacturer will not reimburse us. We will ship the gun back to you free of charge using our next day delivery service, but that is all we can do. We are not equipped or set up to fix these types of problems.
    This is not my fault and I never mis-used the safety. BTW I never received a manual with the gun either. Where do I go from now?

ill tell you one thing thats BS, incorrect useage of safety? they cant prove

that :mad:

id write them a letter saying you will take it further, unless you are given

adequate redress

• Advertisement

blay1 wrote: »
    ill tell you one thing thats BS, incorrect useage of safety? they cant prove

that :mad:

id write them a letter saying you will take it further, unless you are given

adequate redress

Thank you, some support. I am totally unhappy with this situation and will definately be taking him to the small claims court if he does not change his mind.

Thank you, some support. I am totally unhappy with this situation and will definately be taking him to the small claims court if he does not change his mind.

any of the other retailers would accept it back and give you a new one,

definately threathen the small claims court

its only a day old! my god, thats shocking :eek:

2 sides to every story though blay.:), OP get in touch with them and speak your mind. if you dont get what your after and feel youve been cheated then you can always use the route of the small claims court.,;)

I am pissed that i just wasted €130. I expected that I would be given a replacement or refund today when I returned it to them, I travelled over 1.5 hours to get to the place and left with nothing. :mad:

I am pissed that i just wasted €130. I wont be dealing with IAS again after this. Unfortunately it will cost even more money to bring them to court, but if it has to be done, then so be it. I expected that i would be given a replacement or refund today when i returned it to them, I travelled over 1.5 hours to get to the place and left with nothing. :mad:

the small claims court is cheap you dont even need a solicitor :)

• Advertisement

its €15 if i remember correctly and most cases are sorted without the need to ever attend a court but its a last resort method after all other avenues have been exhausted.,

yeah letter of complaint first! (thank you JC business) :D

I was just on the phone to the owner of the company there, and he said he would try to sort out the situation but couldn't guarentee anything.
    If this is not resolved in the next couple of days, I will write a formal letter of complaint and follow from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Blazher

I was just on the phone to the owner of the company there, and he said he would try to sort out the situation but couldn't guarentee anything.
    If this is not resolved in the next couple of days, I will write a formal letter of complaint and follow from there.

If you are going to take action, I would recommend you don't say anything else about it on a Public Forums, Keep it V PMs or emails etc, For your own sake,

I am sorry to hear it has happened, And i am glade that the Airsoft comminuty is sticking togetter!

" Bad typing sorry "

• Registered Users Posts: 5,021 ✭✭✭Hivemind187

Sorry man, but I think you are totally alone on this.

I've dealt with IAS a number of times and I've never had anything but the best service from them. Hell, one of the owners actually hand delivers stuff to me.

I think there is more to this than you are telling us.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,984 ✭✭✭NakedDex

This should really be in the "Experiences with..." thread and not on the updates thread for the store itself. And any further talk about actions and complaints lodged or to be lodged should be kept between the parties directly involved.

I know you may be annoyed about this HeadHunter but a public forum is not the place to disclose such information. Particularly in this thread.

NakedDex wrote: »
    This should really be in the "Experiences with..." thread and not on the updates thread for the store itself. And any further talk about actions and complaints lodged or to be lodged should be kept between the parties directly involved.

I know you may be annoyed about this HeadHunter but a public forum is not the place to disclose such information. Particularly in this thread.

OK I won't discuss anymore.

Sorry man, but I think you are totally alone on this.

I've dealt with IAS a number of times and I've never had anything but the best service from them. Hell, one of the owners actually hand delivers stuff to me.

I think there is more to this than you are telling us.

I have been totally honest and it is unfortunate that I bought a faulty gun, but I should not have to pay. Fair enough it worked when i got it, but there was always an issue with the safety being loose, but it still fired fine for about 100 shots or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 481 ✭✭JonAnderton

I remember a couple of years ago a few firms in the UK wouldn't even offer a guarantee for airsoft products because of their 'delicate' nature and the easy way people can inadvertantly fe ck them up...

Myself and some friends have had a couple of upsets with items that we've brought from some of the Irish sellers and I have been very impressed by the way the sellers have always sorted me out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

I only fired it about 10 times when i colected it yesterday,.
    Fair enough it worked when i got it, but there was always an issue with the safety being loose, but it still fired fine for about 100 shots or so.

typo, or something more sinister?

Sound's like one for Judge Judy to me.

• Advertisement

I meant to say "collected". The 100 shots were when I brought it home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Spetzcong

Ah I see what you mean, you test fired it when you were picking it up and then later fired it more when you got home, I guess I'm not the alcohol fueled super sleuth that I thought I was, oh well, I'll hang up my pipe and detectives hat for another evening and retire to my armchair to concoct paranoid fantasies based around what I read in today's paper.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭I.A.S. Ltd.

Id like to make a few points here, considering the complaint was made public on this forum I think its about time that we got to speak our side. First of all Id like to point out that this person has no experience with Airsoft whatsoever and didnt even read the manual before operating the pistol. Secondly I personally test every single gun before we send it out to ensure there are no faults.

The poster here didnt seem to point out the fact he admitted the pistol was working "perfectly" without fault before and after he brought it home. He also neglected to mention that he claimed today that the safety catch was "broken since he got it" however it was working before he bought it and while he was test-firing it.

He also neglected to mention that he continued to use the pistol even after he noticed that it was damaged even though it was firing "full auto". In numerous emails he also pointed out that he may have broken it but still claimed it wasnt his fault.

Fact is, the gun was working before and after he bought it and he admits that it was through his usage and not a fault of the manufacturers or ours that it became broken.

You are not entitled to a refund if the item is damaged through your misusage or neglect. We've dealt with a few cases with other people and we've been more than glad to replace, repair or reach some other resolution mutually agreeable to both parties, but those complains were genuinely through either our fault or the fault of a manufacturer, not through misuse or neglect.

Ask any of our customers what our customer service is like and I think you'll find its the exact opposite of what has been said here. Id also like to point out that since this poster posted his comments here he has accepted to us via email that it was through his fault that the pistol was broken. Does anyone here honestly think we'd sacrifice our immaculate reputation for the sake of €130?

Id like to make a few points here, considering the complaint was made public on this forum I think its about time that we got to speak our side.

The poster here didnt seem to point out the fact he admitted the pistol was working "perfectly" without fault before and after he brought it home. He also neglected to mention that he claimed today that the safety catch was "broken since he got it" however it was working before he bought it.

He also neglected to mention that he continued to use the pistol even after he noticed that it was damaged even though it was firing "full auto". In numerous emails he also pointed out that he may have broken it but still claimed it wasnt his fault.

Fact is, the gun was working before and after he bought it and he admits that it was through his usage and not a fault of the manufacturers or ours that it became broken. Also the number of shots the poster claims to have fired through it seems to reduce depending on who its said to.

You are not entitled to a refund if the item is damaged through your misusage or neglect. We've dealt with a few cases where other people and we've been more than glad to replace, repair or some other resolution mutually agreeable to both parties, but those complains were genuinely through either our fault or the fault of a manufacturer.

Ask any of our customers what our customer service is like and I think you'll find its the exact opposite of what has been said here. Id also like to point out that since this poster posted his comments here he has accepted to us via email that it was through his fault that the pistol was broken.

its only fair you guys have your side of the story aired :)

sorry if i said anything insulting, but i was basing my posts on the word of

one of the parties, which in hindsight wasnt the soundest course of action :o

sorry lads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Popanddrop

Im with I.A.S all the way, by the way do you still ahve any Ak74 mags as you can see in the trouble shooting forum I got a New Jg dragunov but there is only a 250rd mag and I need a bigger High Cap one.

We're in the process of getting them in actually. We ordered them in our last order, paid for them and literally 2 days before the order was shipped we got a "sorry, these are out of stock" email!

So when will you be stocking them and are they High Caps?

Asap, basically a couple of our personal friends want them for AK-74's we sold them so were trying to rush them through!

When they come in I will take two off your hands, what price are they?

• Advertisement

I think they're around a tenner last time I checked.

Advertisement