Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

contacting eircom

Options
  • 26-11-2007 1:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭

not sure if this is the correct place for this, revieced a call in the last half hour from someone claiming to be eircom, said nothing my self apart from hello when answered the phone, there was few seconds of silence, before the caller said 'hello my names J***** *******, and i'm calling from eircom....', before the phone cut off, got the exact same call few weeks ago, twice within an hour at a simaler time from the same person, the exact same script, but he went as far to say he was doing a customer survey, before the phone cut off,

now i have never been an eircom cust, did briefly use their pre pay dial up, bill was in housemates name, and ocasionaly used their pay as you surf dial up at home (parents),

now always very careful with my details, always tick or untick the box as nessesary in regards to my details not being passed on to other companies, and i was wondering has anyone else had simalar calls and who do you contact at eircom in regards to it to remove your detials

btw, its my mobile they ring and a withheld number

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

eircom often ring land line customers to win them back from competitors, but they shouldn't be ringing your mobile. My guess is it's not them at all.

You could ring your mobile operator and see if they can tell you what number the calls are coming from, or even if it's from eircom or not. Failing that, report it to the Gardai.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Well i only just finished up as a rep for Eircom on winback... No Eircom rep will have your mobile no. under any circumstances.

Sounds like someone with a strange sense of humour. I personally never answer private numbers anyway, that's what a voice mail is for.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

jor el wrote: »
    eircom often ring land line customers to win them back from competitors, but they shouldn't be ringing your mobile. My guess is it's not them at all.

You could ring your mobile operator and see if they can tell you what number the calls are coming from, or even if it's from eircom or not. Failing that, report it to the Gardai.

it could be just someone winding me up, but dont reconise the voice, not an irish accent, possibly english or austrialian, unfortunatly, i dont think the mobile operators can trace incoming calls, unless through gardai instruction, i know alot of the operators would do win back calls, but this guy is claiming to be doing a customer survey

could just ring up eircom to see if they do survey calls and remove my details if i could find the relavent number to ring

• Registered Users Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Well i only just finished up as a rep for Eircom on winback... No Eircom rep will have your mobile no. under any circumstances.

sorry, didn't see your reply re reps not having my mobile till finished typing my last post

don't think i didn't read your post

;)

Advertisement